User Tag List

Thread: Germania

Senior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks

Germania

Recently I bought ďGermaniaĒ by Simon Winder, itís a book solely about Germany, at school I was taught English history, a smattering of world history.
    So much of European history wasnít taught, as you know Britain is an island race, we only looked at the world locally, occasionally making war with France....Spain, Holland.
    This book covers everything I wish Iíd been taught, itís written by an Englishman with wit, I thought Iíd pass this on.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...y-simon-winder
    Basically, to have privilege is to have an advantage that is completely out of your control. There are many different types of privilege that people benefit from in many different ways. Everyone has some type of privilege going for him or her.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (10-07-2019),St James (10-07-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Seems to me like England is as normal as most places on earth(with the exception of the Muslim invasion, and the government's failure to eliminate illegal immigration).

You have your Jack The Rippers and your James Bonds.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Seems to me like England is as normal as most places on earth(with the exception of the Muslim invasion, and the government's failure to eliminate illegal immigration).

You have your Jack The Rippers and your James Bonds.
    It seems I have a special Haplogroup. A genealogist I am engaging will hopefully trace where it comes from, relax dear reader I am 100% European. Males have 2 Haplogroup, maternal, and Paternal, women only have a maternal Haplogroup.
    Male Haplogroup go way back in time to the first father from when the Sperm mutated from another Haplogroup mine mutated 41,000 years ago, it’s ancient. Probably from the agricultural eastern population that swept into Europe and gave it agriculture and farming.
    Basically, to have privilege is to have an advantage that is completely out of your control. There are many different types of privilege that people benefit from in many different ways. Everyone has some type of privilege going for him or her.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    I read German history books in Germany. VERY different from the German/European history I was taught in the USA.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    I read German history books in Germany. VERY different from the German/European history I was taught in the USA.
    Exactly!
    the book goes into great deal of the impact the reformation had on Central Europe, it’s shaped Germany, the Catholic’s in one part, and the Protestants in another, the wars, the persecution, the shaping of the history...it’s fascinating.

The 30 years war....1/3 the population of Europe wiped out thru war. England sitting it out, not getting involved was the best part of James Ist reign.
    Last edited by Neo; 10-07-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    If you really want an outstanding tome on the history of Germany AND England, I highly recommend Winston Churchill's A History of the English-Speaking Peoples - Wikipedia, a 4 volume work as complete as any I've ever seen anywhere.

I'm a history buff.
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

Neo (10-12-2019)

Thread Information