User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: MrogersNhood

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526

Thread: Food Police....

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Smoking bans in open air, like stadiums. I don't smoke, but I think that rule is stupid.
    Yes, ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as the gov't, or the voting public, banning smoking in restaurants. Even on their patios, for crying out loud. I go out on the patio, choose a table that's not the most visible, and smoke, anyway.

Guess what happened? The people at the next table pulled out their cigarettes, as well, and not a soul complained. The waiters never said a word, either.

But even IN-side restaurants should be up to the proprietor, and let the people who vote w/their feet decide.
    Last edited by 2cent; Yesterday at 02:59 PM.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Yes, ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as the gov't, or the voting public, banning smoking in restaurants. Even on their patios, for crying out loud. I go out on the patio, choose a table that's not the most visible, and smoke, anyway.

Guess what happened? The people at the next table pulled out their cigarettes, as well, and not a soul complained. The waiters never said a word, either.

But even IN-side restaurants should be up to the proprietor, and let the people who vote w/their feet decide.
    I don't smoke.
    Don't care if people smoke or not.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    It makes me queasy to smell it.

I'm watching my sister-in-law get hacked apart every few months...then...chemo...radiation. Not fun. I think of that when I smell it, too. One of my besties went out from cigarettes, too. That was hard to watch....

So...yeah...I don't care who smokes...I just don't want to smell it.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 88.0%

Thanks
    I used to enjoy the smell of pipe smoke...I had a great-uncle who was always puffing on his. I don't know how to describe the smell...but if you've smelled a pipe-smoker who favored flavored tobacco, you will never forget it.

Cigarettes, are just the smell of something burning - tobacco, of course, but it's not a kind or enjoyable smell. But to me, it smells of workplaces I'd been in...industry, camaraderie, things getting done, busting your hump for the team.

But then nobody I knew had lung cancer or any issue I'd associate with cigarettes, so I don't have the unhappy mental associations.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Brat (Today)

Thread Information