Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrogersNhood View Post
    Who would do things in such a society?

Welcome.
    Thanks!

I'm not 100% certain what you're asking, when you say "who would do things." A common question is normally about what would people do in such a society, since they'd no longer need to work jobs & basically the response is that people would be free to do whatever they want to, whether it's go sightseeing, play video games all day, go surfing, play sports, sleep all day (and night), watch movies, stop & smell the roses, spend all day on hobbies they enjoy, party, socialize, take a hike, snorkel, sky dive, mountain biking, visit museums, etc. etc. etc. etc. Use your imagination & come up with anything that people do for fun & recreation.

However, that doesn't seem to be what you're asking; it comes across as if to ask who's going to do the work - that the robots are already doing. The answer's already there: no one; the robots would already be doing it all for us. LOL

But maybe that's not exactly what you meant; maybe you're wondering something along the lines of who's going to fix the robot that fixes the robot that fixes the other robot (figuratively speaking). In other words, you're probably wondering about the fact that at some point we have to initially make those robots ourselves, write the programs that make them work (whether it's something simple & repetitious or something at the AI level), make sure things run smoothly.

Basically, getting to that point would be the main part of the transition to such a society.

I'm going to skip over a few things and go to this - perhaps you're asking who's going to have the incentive to fill in the gaps that need to be filled at the human level to make sure things are working, especially if they're not going to get paid their fiat money or cryptocurrency to put the effort into it & that's certainly a valid question. To respond to this, I'll put it this way: it's about willing to do something without needing the monetary incentive to do so voluntarily. We already do this today; for example, no one forces anyone to become an airline pilot, or a police officer, or bank teller, or doctor, or firefighter, or programmer, or construction worker, or anything else that requires a bit of investment (spending time learning something) or dangerous. In other words, we can all get paid just enough to make ends meet by getting menial jobs (dish washers, mop jockeys, etc.), but some of us don't; we pick the career we want because we enjoy the idea of engaging in that particular field of the job force. In other words, what I'm saying is that no one in a free market system ever says "Uh oh, we have a dilemma! There is no force or the threat of force to make someone become an airline pilot! How are we going to make sure that some people become airline pilots! Panic!" People already do step forward and choose to become pilots without some agent from the state forcing them to do so.

Right now we mainly need to get paying jobs so we can have money to pay others for food, shelter, transportation, energy, furniture, TVs, computers, etc. etc., but some people still have a drive to do something regardless of monetary compensation. Those who enjoy improving the design of robotics hardware will continue to do so & have the free time to actually engage in that "hobby" in a world where money is no longer necessary. People who enjoy writing computer programs and enjoy the challenge of making the algorithms for robots better will also have more free time to engage in that. At any time they get bored with that, there will be plenty of others already working on the same things. We already have that in today's society, where people volunteer to do things without monetary compensation; the difference is that more people would have more free time to do so.

I hope this answers your question & if it doesn't, or you see a flaw in my "argument", please let me know.
    Last edited by neil; 10-09-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Forum IT Staff IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Are we having an age contest? 31.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    LOL What's the winning age or criteria for winning this game?

Thanks

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    In my mind you all look like this

I love it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    In my mind you all look like this

I love it.
    LOL

Even the girls?

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Just the guys. All handsome, like Aiden.

The girls, like this:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (10-10-2019),neil (10-11-2019)

Thread Information