User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White Privilege

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    There is only privilege. It comes to people regardless of race. It escapes people regardless of race. Privilege is far too fickle to stereotype those on whom it lights. Those who claim broadbased racial privilege are lazy and bitter. They seek superiority by default. It is a gratuitous assertion that can be gratuitously dismissed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrontTowardEnemy For This Useful Post:

LadyMoonlight (10-12-2019),notofimport36 (10-08-2019)

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontTowardEnemy View Post
    There is only privilege. It comes to people regardless of race. It escapes people regardless of race. Privilege is far too fickle to stereotype those on whom it lights. Those who claim broadbased racial privilege are lazy and bitter. They seek superiority by default. It is a gratuitous assertion that can be gratuitously dismissed.
    That privilege is more often than not (outside corrupt circles and inheritance) earned for reason.

It's funny how the dedicated, hard working, and at least modestly intelligent people you know are almost always employed.

It would be more common if we at least pushed entrepreneurial spirits to the young, in that way they learn the value of their labours young.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    "White Privilege" is just more of the same old Aristocrat tactic, to divide the people on racial lines.

It is basic, plain RACISM..
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Brat (10-09-2019),msc (10-12-2019),OneDumbBlonde (10-12-2019)

50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    The liberal media is sending conflicting messages: They have loaded up programs with black stars and co-stars. They broadcast sports that are dominated by black athletes. And everywhere they show black people enjoying success or overcoming odds. Against this backdrop, they constantly claim that blacks are being held back by white privilege. You can't have it both ways.
    Doom: Abortion, Kali, Enewetak
    https://www.jung29.com/doom.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Urbanek For This Useful Post:

Brat (10-11-2019)

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    "White Privilege" is just more of the same old Aristocrat tactic, to divide the people on racial lines.

It is basic, plain RACISM..
    Yes it is. It's all about introducing the word privilege to get a sect of society who feels that they are disadvantaged, to hate the other secs of society who do not suffer the same disadvantage that they believe they suffer.

priv·i·lege

/ˈpriv(ə)lij/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group

Quite the tactic. See, every single person in the country, world believes they are disadvantaged in one area or another. So if one's person disadvantage is another persons privilege then all who believe are disadvantaged are also privileged in the eyes of another group who believes they are at a disadvantage. Meaning everyone is privileged.

Classifying a group as privileged can be used as a tactic to divide people in any area that benefits dividing people according to the flavor of the day. Today it's racism. Yesterday, religion. Tomorrow, ?.

Here's a silly little example though factually true.

People born with fast metabolisms live life with a privilege that people born with slower metabolism's will always be at a disadvantage. A slow metab person can't enjoy eating what and how much they want as high metab people can. While high metabs enjoy, low metabs have to refrain. Or slow metab people will become fat and frowned upon by society. This is a freedom based on how one is born that high metab people enjoy and low metab people cannot. Low metab people struggle much more than high metab people to gain a respected place in society. Shall a campaign be started to encourage hate against high metab people because of their privilege in society? Offer to low metab people that they are bad and low metab people suffer just due to the condition of a high metab persons birth?

Using the word "privilege" to describe someone who is not believed to be suffering a certain perceived disadvantage IS the problem.

You having eczema does not make me a privileged person to be hated because I don't have that problem.

However having dark skin should not be viewed as having a problem at all. I spent many summers in my youth laying out in the sun to get my skin darker. In fact my fair skinned friends considered me privileged because they would burn and had to work much harder longer at getting darker and some never getting there, while I enjoyed showing off the darkest and pain free appearance at the evening gathering after a day at the beach. My society admired my skin color. Oh my, do I have dark skin privilege? Is that a thing?

How is it that Black Oprah lives in a mansion and enjoys all the luxuries of life, while I with my white privilege live in a modest home that I cannot afford to retire in while struggling to pay for my health insurance? If white privilege is a thing in America, then Oprah's money should be mine.
    Last edited by msc; 10-12-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Can't we all just get along!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msc For This Useful Post:

Brat (10-19-2019),notofimport36 (10-12-2019)

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by msc View Post
    Yes it is. It's all about introducing the word privilege to get a sect of society who feels that they are disadvantaged, to hate the other secs of society who do not suffer the same disadvantage that they believe they suffer.

priv·i·lege

/ˈpriv(ə)lij/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group

Quite the tactic. See, every single person in the country, world believes they are disadvantaged in one area or another. So if one's person disadvantage is another persons privilege then all who believe are disadvantaged are also privileged in the eyes of another group who believes they are at a disadvantage. Meaning everyone is privileged.

Classifying a group as privileged can be used as a tactic to divide people in any area that benefits dividing people according to the flavor of the day. Today it's racism. Yesterday, religion. Tomorrow, ?.

Here's a silly little example though factually true.

People born with fast metabolisms live life with a privilege that people born with slower metabolism's will always be at a disadvantage. A slow metab person can't enjoy eating what and how much they want as high metab people can. While high metabs enjoy, low metabs have to refrain. Or slow metab people will become fat and frowned upon by society. This is a freedom based on how one is born that high metab people enjoy and low metab people cannot. Low metab people struggle much more than high metab people to gain a respected place in society. Shall a campaign be started to encourage hate against high metab people because of their privilege in society? Offer to low metab people that they are bad and low metab people suffer just due to the condition of a high metab persons birth?

Using the word "privilege" to describe someone who is not believed to be suffering a certain perceived disadvantage IS the problem.

You having eczema does not make me a privileged person to be hated because I don't have that problem.

However having dark skin should not be viewed as having a problem at all. I spent many summers in my youth laying out in the sun to get my skin darker. In fact my fair skinned friends considered me privileged because they would burn and had to work much harder longer at getting darker and some never getting there, while I enjoyed showing off the darkest and pain free appearance at the evening gathering after a day at the beach. My society admired my skin color. Oh my, do I have dark skin privilege? Is that a thing?

How is it that Black Oprah lives in a mansion and enjoys all the luxuries of life, while I with my white privilege live in a modest home that I cannot afford to retire in while struggling to pay for my health insurance? If white privilege is a thing in America, then Oprah's money should be mine.
    Try telling a liberal that people are not all equal. They go haywire, immediately jumping to racial lines.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to notofimport36 For This Useful Post:

Brat (10-19-2019)

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    That's a good post and there are a lot of other examples; which side of the tracks you lived on for example.

I believe the issue is culture, not race.

Member Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by notofimport36 View Post
    That privilege is more often than not (outside corrupt circles and inheritance) earned for reason.

It's funny how the dedicated, hard working, and at least modestly intelligent people you know are almost always employed.

It would be more common if we at least pushed entrepreneurial spirits to the young, in that way they learn the value of their labours young.
    Emphasis mine. Now that is an interesting statement. Individual, collective or both?

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Yep, my white privilege got me disqualified for several job positions at power plants because they had to hire blacks.

Member Achievements:

Thanks
    Systemic privilege, white or any other kind, exists. It's inevitable. Anyone who designs a system will be unable to prevent favoring their own group at least somewhat because of context and moral foundations.

There is no doubt that the judicial system in this country favors the wealthy (for example).

I don't believe it is racial.

Will a wealthy black man get the benefit of the doubt where a poor white man won't?

Thread Information