User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bersa Thunder 380 Plus Review 15+1 Capacity

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassCreated Blog entryOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion EnderPosting Award
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks

Bersa Thunder 380 Plus Review 15+1 Capacity

Bersa Thunder 380 Plus Review 15+1 Capacity

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

-attributed to George Orwell

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonGlock26 For This Useful Post:

Quark (09-19-2019),SharetheHedge (09-19-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    I have one of those (my favorite pistol) but it only has a six + 1 capacity.

Oh wait, I don't have the "Plus"

Good gun.
    Last edited by Dr. Felix Birdbiter; 09-19-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

DonGlock26 (09-19-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    I was about to go into my usual .380 "diss" but, 16 rounds, can't argue with that! Also it's hammer-fired which I insist on because of my left hand grip problem for racking.

So I guess what I'm saying if there's a .380 I could be persuaded to buy, it would look a lot like this one

Dependability would decide the issue. What kind of reputation does Bersa have in that regard? I seem to recall some bad press but I'm not sure
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-19-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords." (Benjamin Franklin)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    Also it's hammer-fired which I insist on because of my left hand grip problem for racking.
    This makes no sense. You should never carry with an empty chamber, hammer-fired or not.

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    "Hmm," well one thing that works is they lost the idiotic finger groove things which on the 8-shot variant is deal killer right out of the gate. Bersa .380's are decent enough, I'm certain you can land one of them NIB for about $240.00, which for working folks on a budget gets it done. Its sad that CZ nixed the CZ83 .380 pistols, which to my mind, along with the Beretta 85's were the finest .380's on earth, the significant difference between them being the high $600-700.00 tag for the Beretta's and the low to mid $300.00 tags for the 83's, aside from their obvious design differences, the price was the only thing separating them from each other, either or were as good as it got...
    Online Wildlife Photography Gallery, Mostly Black Bear & Bald Eagles,https://chris-sarno.smugmug.com/
    Wisconsin DNR Bear Management, https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/WildlifeHab...s/bearplan.pdf

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Death-Ninja For This Useful Post:

DonGlock26 (09-19-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    This makes no sense. You should never carry with an empty chamber, hammer-fired or not.

You mean I never have to rack the slide to put one in the chamber to begin with, or to clear a jam?
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-19-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords." (Benjamin Franklin)

Thanks
    You mean I never have to rack the slide to put one in the chamber to begin with, or to clear a jam?
    Even if it’s hammer fired, if it’s an automatic, you still have to rack the slide at some point. So again, your comment makes no sense.

edit: after thinking it through some, I see where you are going, cocking the hammer makes the slide easier to rack on hammer fired automatics. But most striker fired automatics aren’t that different than this anyway.
    Last edited by Fins; 09-19-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks
    Even if it’s hammer fired, if it’s an automatic, you still have to rack the slide at some point. So again, your comment makes no sense.

edit: after thinking it through some, I see where you are going, cocking the hammer makes the slide easier to rack on hammer fired automatics. But most striker fired automatics aren’t that different than this anyway.

1) They're not "automatics"

2) All I am saying is that I will not purchase a gun that I can barely rack, or not be able to at all, having a somewhat impaired left hand, plus being a senior. Hammer fired pistols are, in general, easier to manipulate in this regard. Why would I want a gun that I cannot charge, if I have to, instead of one that I CAN?

Actually, I own a .45acp, which I bought before my hand accident, the slide on which I literally cannot even budge now, at ALL. It's not a problem though, because I affixed a "Brass Stacker" to it and I can rack it by pulling with one finger that way. It's not a waste either because it's a home defense gun and the length of it with the pull ring (or anything else I attach to it) doesn't matter as I'm not going to carry it.
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-20-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks
    1) They're not "automatics"

2) All I am saying is that I will not purchase a gun that I can barely rack, or not be able to at all, having a somewhat impaired left hand, plus being a senior. Hammer fired pistols are, in general, easier to manipulate in this regard. Why would I want a gun that I cannot charge, if I have to, instead of one that I CAN?

Actually, I own a .45acp, which I bought before my hand accident, the slide on which I literally cannot even budge now, at ALL. It's not a problem though, because I affixed a "Brass Stacker" to it and I can rack it by pulling with one finger that way. It's not a waste either because it's a home defense gun and the length of it with the pull ring (or anything else I attach to it) doesn't matter as I'm not going to carry it.
    If you have that much trouble, it seems that sticking with wheel guns would be better. My previous point was even with the hammer back, usually the strength needed to rack a slide isn’t that different. My dad has similar issues and has trouble finding slides he can rack. His new favorite is probably his 5-7. It’s surprisingly easy to rack and control considering it’s ability

Thanks
    If you have that much trouble, it seems that sticking with wheel guns would be better. My previous point was even with the hammer back, usually the strength needed to rack a slide isnít that different. My dad has similar issues and has trouble finding slides he can rack. His new favorite is probably his 5-7. Itís surprisingly easy to rack and control considering itís ability

I am primarily a wheel-gun guy, not only because there's no slide but I trust them more in general. It's only their limited capacity that makes me venture into semi-auto territory. The Springfield XDE (9mm) makes a selling point of how easy the slide is so I am looking at that but have not yet found one to handle try out first?

What is the 5-7?

Thread Information