User Tag List

Thread: 53 qubits going public

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks

53 qubits going public

IBM will soon launch a 53-qubit quantum computer TechCrunch

You too can access this thing, you can program it yourself.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    It'll achieve concsiousness soon enough if it hasn't already, we dabble with "entities" at our own peril.

"Hello all".......I would have said "good evening ladies and gents", but you all know what you are.......Moe Howard
    (what I'm sure was an inside joke to all the Hollyweird actors in the scene at the time, as Hollywood was Weinstein before Weinsten ever was)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenvoter View Post
    It'll achieve concsiousness soon enough if it hasn't already, we dabble with "entities" at our own peril.

Ha ha - it's a long way from a traveling salesman and 53 cities, to consciousness.

Simple awareness requires a resolution that exceeds the wobble time. We're Talkin At least millions of interconnected qubits. It'll be awhile.
    Last edited by nonsqtr; 09-19-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Ha ha - it's a long way from a traveling salesman and 53 cities, to consciousness.

Simple awareness requires a resolution that exceeds the wobble time. We're Talkin At least millions of interconnected qubits. It'll be awhile.
    LOL right back at ya, things are going to happen exponentially as technology increases in the same way the industrial revolution seemed like an overnight surge in human productivity and ability to create things.

The biggest thing that amazes me about the quantum computer is the idea we can't observe it while it's doing it's thing because our paying attenton to it changes the results. Odd, very odd, but one of the things that happens when dabbling with alternate dimensions and "entities".

It reminds me of a documentary I was watching about the A-bomb narrated by William Shatner that ran through all our bombs and test footage, there was a segment with whoever the guy was who helped make the H-bomb and he said the quest for knowledge demanded that it be built. Not whether they should, but that because it was knowledge that was there that was waiting to be tapped it demanded they go forward with thier research.

I have a scientific mind, I could have been probably something of a chemist/astronomer had I stuck with school and went to college, those were my two favorite classes, but I have no doubt these days about why people have disdain for scientists me among them, they're arrogant, self serving, dont care about consequenses, a perfanalogy for what the asswipes with the quantum computers are doing today, as well as 5G.

They're probably destined to work hand in hand which is why they're going forward full speed before having even fully tested or gotten public approval on it.

As if we'd ever hear "We're seeking public approval on an important change to the social structure and possible health consequenses before we do it", excuse me while I LOL........
    "Hello all".......I would have said "good evening ladies and gents", but you all know what you are.......Moe Howard
    (what I'm sure was an inside joke to all the Hollyweird actors in the scene at the time, as Hollywood was Weinstein before Weinsten ever was)

Thanks
    K, well, wake me up when we hit a thousand...

A few interacting qubits do not constitute an "entity". However there is something interesting and what you're saying, because a bunch of interacting qubits is a controllable quantum entanglement.

You speak of dimensions - what is vital for us to understand is the geometry of stochastic embeddings. It's one of the ways of squeezing 12 Dimensions into 4.

A qubit has two corners, but you can have higher dimensional qubits with three, four, even six corners. Will these provide additional computational power? Probably, but there is no way to really find out without testing it.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Not sure if I want to add the comment on the quantum computers, cern, mandela effect, or the limits of AI with current tech.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    K, well, wake me up when we hit a thousand...

A few interacting qubits do not constitute an "entity". However there is something interesting and what you're saying, because a bunch of interacting qubits is a controllable quantum entanglement.

You speak of dimensions - what is vital for us to understand is the geometry of stochastic embeddings. It's one of the ways of squeezing 12 Dimensions into 4.

A qubit has two corners, but you can have higher dimensional qubits with three, four, even six corners. Will these provide additional computational power? Probably, but there is no way to really find out without testing it.
    Scientists agree there are 10 dimensions we can computate with a debate on #11, they say they are all on a subatomic scale but my theory on that, is that's because all we can do is measure smaller and smaller pieces of the 3rd dimensional box we're sort of trapped in.

Geordi Rose is who created the quantum computer, he says we're accessing "entities", can you give me a plausible explanation for what he means by that other than what immediatly comes to mind?

Thread Information