User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Colt To Cease All Civilian AR15 Sales!

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Death-Ninja View Post
    Try and locate a Colt factory 1911 dual recoil spring, a design in production now for years, yet they are still right on up there with Pixie dust and the little people in visibility & availability....
    I'm not a 1911 guy. Because of their record, if I ever have an aneurysm or something, and decided to buy a 1911, I'll go with Rock Island Armory.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to someguy For This Useful Post:

MrogersNhood (09-18-2019)

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Try and locate a Colt factory 1911 dual recoil spring, a design in production now for years, yet they are still right on up there with Pixie dust and the little people in visibility & availability....
    My Colt Defender had dual springs. Had to change them out every 500 rounds or so for it to function. Pos.
    Lemmings - We will defend to the death our right to be misinformed!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (09-18-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    damned shame.

another corporate sellout.
    I think it's more of a case of cutting their nose off to spite their face. These people who sit on the board of directors in ALL corporations have no fucking clue about operations.
    https://media3.giphy.com/media/s8lZxA5Jmempa/giphy.gif[/IMG]

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to navigator2 For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (09-18-2019),MrogersNhood (09-18-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Let’s keep this thread railed ( AR 15 ) and not even get into the AR Pistol weeds

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    Many of you are simply to young to have experienced Colt's backstabbing of American gun owners, you weren't alive or old enough to be impacted by their stopping almost all civilian sales except for a few 1911's, Peacemakers, and the iconic Colt AR15's. They did this after a solidly anti-second amendment Marine General took the helm in West Hartford and transformed them into welfare whores to the government, Glock literally almost put them & their close kin, S&W permanently out of business, it was really a very very close thing for both of them. In fact S&W was brought so low they had to compete with Taurus International to even maintain their hold on a revolver market which should have been a laugher for S&W to maintain, seriously, Taurus is the only reason to this day why S&W offers a lifetime warranty, they had to or go out of business courtesy of Taurus innovative approach(for the times)to customer service.

Colt didn't even try, they told the civilian market to literally go fuck itself! Colt is still solidly leftist, and solidly anti-second amendment, they are obviously still sniffing about for government handouts and preening themselves before the left in a naked attempt at seeking approval. I recently purchased a Colt's "Combat Elite Commander," it was so defective out of the box I sent it back to them with a demand for either full refund or replacement, and backed it up with a promise of litigation if they dawdled, they replaced it with a much finer sample, but only after two months of almost impossibly awful customer service which included multiple phone calls with hold times running as long as 80 minutes, and twice being prompted after excessively long phone hold's that Colt customer service was now closed! This halting of production of the AR15 for their rightful master, the civil population of the United States of America is the last straw for me, that Combat Elite is the last Colt I will ever sign off on, ever!

Report: Colt to Cease AR-15 Production for the Civilian Market

Report: Colt to Cease AR-15 Production for the Civilian Market
    Didn't you post about this hassle with Colt on TPF's? I remember something about someone going round and round with customer service about a firearm. Maybe you but could be some other member.

Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    I have built 18 AR pattern Rifles & Carbines and about half are Colt based Uppers (mostly Retro M16 stuff) and I can honestly say the lions share of Colt parts I used were vintage “ Takeoff” parts with a few lucky new part finds , but I have NEVER ordered ANYTHING from Colt .

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 88.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    damned shame.

another corporate sellout.
    It's like this. Corporations are not sentient beings; they are just groups of people.

Educated people, in most cases. CREDENTIALED people - out of universities.

Which in the last 20 years have become crypto-Communist indoctrination camps.

The old guard slowly retires; the last holdovers pressured to "resign"...and the Woke Generation comes in.

And this is what comes of it. They don't believe in the Second Amendment or their product or Americans owning it.

They're going to cease all "civilian sales" of that gun? That's all of them. NO modern army uses that as a primary weapon.

Why don't they just close up shop. This is as silly as the British Woke management of BP, turning it into "Beyond Petroleum" and then apologizing on cue when ordered by the Eco-Marxists.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (09-18-2019)

Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Didn't you post about this hassle with Colt on TPF's? I remember something about someone going round and round with customer service about a firearm. Maybe you but could be some other member.
    Whats TPF?
    Online Wildlife Photography Gallery, Mostly Black Bear & Bald Eagles,https://chris-sarno.smugmug.com/
    Wisconsin DNR Bear Management, https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/WildlifeHab...s/bearplan.pdf

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Death-Ninja For This Useful Post:

MrogersNhood (09-18-2019)

Venator Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    It's like this. Corporations are not sentient beings; they are just groups of people.

Educated people, in most cases. CREDENTIALED people - out of universities.

Which in the last 20 years have become crypto-Communist indoctrination camps.

The old guard slowly retires; the last holdovers pressured to "resign"...and the Woke Generation comes in.

And this is what comes of it. They don't believe in the Second Amendment or their product or Americans owning it.

They're going to cease all "civilian sales" of that gun? That's all of them. NO modern army uses that as a primary weapon.

Why don't they just close up shop. This is as silly as the British Woke management of BP, turning it into "Beyond Petroleum" and then apologizing on cue when ordered by the Eco-Marxists.
    tbh, the triggers in their m4's were shit out of the box, anyway, even with a high dollar le6920 model, the buyer needed to replace it with better parts.
    Μολών λαβέ

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    Whats TPF?
    The Politics Forums . . . the media you are looking at now.

Thread Information