User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Smoke pot, no service at Colorado barber shop

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    There is no magic in a doctor's note. Especially pot doctors who make their living writing such notes. Medical marijuana is an excuse to get high with no medicinal value whatsoever. Prescriptions are written for treatment of a disappointing haircut.

If you guzzle down Nyquil to get high, yes indeed you are an addict like any other addict and incapable of making your own decisions. You'll be sniffing jenkem if nothing else is available.
    I seem to remember alleged school teachers lining up to get notes from doctors when they were out on an illegal strike. I remember liberals agreeing to limit late-term abortions providing a note from a psychologist could get you an abortion at any point. I also remember being given the names of two psychologists in Hawaii who will sign up anyone for SSI with permanent emotional disabilities in exchange for you first two monthly checks.

Me? I don't care if you smoke dope as long as I don't have to subsidize it. And, if a barber doesn't want to cut hair on people stoned or drunk, that's his business...literally.

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Remember the Fen Fen clinics for weight loss? "Doctors" were on every corner with weight loss clinics ready to write those prescriptions.

What kind of culture are we becoming or already are, when someone who opposes people who want to go around with their brains pickled with drugs are the ones "seriously messed up"? This is because of the impaired judgment that drugs induce. Can you imagine some teen, in school, who refuses to take drugs and how messed up their fellow students will consider them? If you recall the boy that was beaten on the bus because he refused to use pot, now you know why. He was messed up. Something is wrong with him.

Giving up your brain to drugs is NOT freedom. It is, in fact, slavery of the worst kind.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I seem to remember alleged school teachers lining up to get notes from doctors when they were out on an illegal strike. I remember liberals agreeing to limit late-term abortions providing a note from a psychologist could get you an abortion at any point. I also remember being given the names of two psychologists in Hawaii who will sign up anyone for SSI with permanent emotional disabilities in exchange for you first two monthly checks.

Me? I don't care if you smoke dope as long as I don't have to subsidize it. And, if a barber doesn't want to cut hair on people stoned or drunk, that's his business...literally.
    There is a pain doctor, or was a pain doctor I should say, who was writing prescriptions for pain killing drugs to those that did not need them. He is doing a little time now. And darn, he was good at epidaural injections my friend tells me.

3 months registeredSocial50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    Remember the Fen Fen clinics for weight loss? "Doctors" were on every corner with weight loss clinics ready to write those prescriptions.

What kind of culture are we becoming or already are, when someone who opposes people who want to go around with their brains pickled with drugs are the ones "seriously messed up"? This is because of the impaired judgment that drugs induce. Can you imagine some teen, in school, who refuses to take drugs and how messed up their fellow students will consider them? If you recall the boy that was beaten on the bus because he refused to use pot, now you know why. He was messed up. Something is wrong with him.

Giving up your brain to drugs is NOT freedom. It is, in fact, slavery of the worst kind.
    People like you are far more dangerous to any society than individuals having the freedom to live their lives as they see fit - as opposed to how you see fit.

I don't drink much, don't like alcohol, and can cite many times more evidence of disasterous societal consequences than those brought about by the use of marijuana - but if someone wants to drink, that's none of my business. It is their business.

Do they not have "impaired judgement"?? for alcoholics, their bodies are toxic, they usually lose their jobs, their families are dysfunctional with abuse being very common, etc; yet, alcohol is perfectly fine with you, is it not?? Do you ever have a drink now and again??

You're a hypocrite and a bigot. Like I said, you're the worst kind of citizen.

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Since the purpose of drinking is not to get potted, although there are many alcoholics, I don't find it as destructive as marijuana since the only purpose of using marijuana is to get high. Of course if an alcoholic IS impaired, stick him or her in the basement and chain them to the wall covered in their own vomit.

Proud BIGOT! Oh my you are making me LOVE that word. Anti drug BIGOT. Yes indeed. This just goes to show how positive applications of bigotry can be.

Thanks
    Well, take cheer Katz... there are certainly a lot more Amerikans like you than Americans like me.

As a result we are walking "proudly" into an authoritarian control system with, as "V" in "V For Vendetta" said, "... censors and systems of surveillance".

To be sure this is your society - bankrupt, hopeless, tightly regulated and controlled, i.e. nothing resembling freedom or free enterprise. Amerika is sick with cancer - and each individual cancer cell is an ignorant citizen like you - attacking healthy cells like me.

When the other shoe finally drops, I'm sure you'll be on hand to spit on people like me as we're being led into the gulag - as any "proud" authoritarian would. You should change your name to "Katztheproudcommie"

50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Well, take cheer Katz... there are certainly a lot more Amerikans like you than Americans like me.

As a result we are walking "proudly" into an authoritarian control system with, as "V" in "V For Vendetta" said, "... censors and systems of surveillance".

To be sure this is your society - bankrupt, hopeless, tightly regulated and controlled, i.e. nothing resembling freedom or free enterprise. Amerika is sick with cancer - and each individual cancer cell is an ignorant citizen like you - attacking healthy cells like me.

When the other shoe finally drops, I'm sure you'll be on hand to spit on people like me as we're being led into the gulag - as any "proud" authoritarian would. You should change your name to "Katztheproudcommie"
    You seem to be an anarchist. If marijuana was such a good deal then it would be legal, ever think of that.

If you are "healthy" then we are in deep doo doo.

Banned Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    You seem to be an anarchist. If marijuana was such a good deal then it would be legal, ever think of that.

You mean like alcohol and tobacco? Shall we ban everything you control freak libs don't like?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post

It is amazing so many Amerikans associate freedom with anarchy.

As it happens, I am a republican by definition of the term - something most members of the Republican Party are not. Since there are so few freedom minded Republicans, and absolutely no freedom minded Democrats, I tend to vote and align with the Libertarian Party. Beyond that, anarchists are advocates of no government - where have you ever seen me make the anarachist argument?? Nowhere of course. Your hyperbole needs practice

As for marijuana being illegal - of course the FedGov has no authority to regulate it at all. If you don't understand that, then you are ignorant of the Constitution, and have bought into the progressive interpretations given you in the government school you attended - which would make you an authoritarian.

Being an authoritarian would put you in the company of respected men like Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler. To be sure, the societies they lorded over were a much "better deal" for their inhabitants, no??

Bottom line, if people want to drink beer and whiskey?? Who are you to tell they can't?? Same thing applies to other substances. Prohibition simply does not work. Beyond that, as I said, the FedGov is not empowered the Constitution to regulate drugs in any way - if you want the FedGov to have that power you should have to pass an amendment to the Constitution, as the prohibitionists did 90 years ago.

Instead of following the rule of law however, you and yours feel yourselves so superior and righteous that you don't have to bother with the law - you can simply take the law into your own hands, and violating the rights of others isn't even a concern. That makes you, and all authoritarians, a much greater danger to society at large.

Thread Information