User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Smoke pot, no service at Colorado barber shop

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Don't see why this is even a story - the barber is free to run his business as he sees fit.

If I lived there, and smoked pot, and I wanted this man to cut my hair - I'd simply make sure I didn't smell of pot. Either that or I'd find another barber that didn't care if I smelled like pot.

That said, when I do smoke, I always "detox"... no one ever knows when I've smoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rockatansky View Post
    Agreed. Further, would this even be an issue if someone came in reeking of booze? No and I see no reason why pot is any different.
    I see an activist judge shutting him down!

Funny because many who say that the Baker should make the Gay cake will say he can refuse; HELLs Noes! If you discriminate against the pot heads then you should be allowed to discriminate against homosexuals!

A person chooses to have sex! So a person chooses to have gay sex! That person chooses to advertize it!

A person chooses to smoke pot! So a person chooses to smoke a lot of pot! That person chooses to advertize it!

If funky butt lovers have equal rights then so should pot smokers!

I see this forcing people to do business as they are told and not how they wish.

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Don't see why this is even a story - the barber is free to run his business as he sees fit.
    You must have been in a coma for the last 50 years. It's a story when a businessman is free to turn away a customer who's not guilty of any Politically Incorrect behavior. Well, maybe this shows that pot smoking isn't so politically correct.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sentinel For This Useful Post:

Archer (03-11-2014)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    There are so many erroneous assumptions and logical fallacies in this thread, I don't even want to bother. Good grief.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

fyrenza (03-11-2014),Mordent (03-11-2014),Toefoot (03-11-2014)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    He will eventually be forced to, the threats against his life and his families lives will be so great the authorities will make pot smokers a protected class. How about a pot smoking barber? I'm sure his haircuts will be just stellar.

Banned Achievements:
    Social3 months registeredYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    How about a pot smoking barber? I'm sure his haircuts will be just stellar.
    Pot doesn't affect anyone in any way. Didn't you know that?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perianne For This Useful Post:

Matalese (03-15-2014)

3 months registeredSocial50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    You must have been in a coma for the last 50 years. It's a story when a businessman is free to turn away a customer who's not guilty of any Politically Incorrect behavior. Well, maybe this shows that pot smoking isn't so politically correct.
    I'm always consistent in my support of freedom, private property, limited government, etc - even if I don't agree with what the person who is exercising their freedom is doing.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the barber, just as I have no problem with the baker who refused to make the gay wedding cake.

I do have a problem with the authoritarian minded gays who run crying to the government for redress; just as I would have a problem with the pot smoker if they did the same thing.

It's about freedom - for everybody.

I simply cannot understand why everyone is so consumed with what someone else is doing, or isn't doing. Seriously, I don't get it... everyone should mind their own business, and if a business owner doesn't want to do business with someone - for any reason, or no reason - that's his business, and none of mine.

Freedom is pretty simple - I find it amazing that most can't deal with it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wist43 For This Useful Post:

Archer (03-11-2014),fyrenza (03-11-2014),Mordent (03-11-2014)

Lord of Pumpkins V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    Except when it does. When the sole common denominator is pot, there is only one conclusion.
    Lol. nope.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mordent For This Useful Post:

fyrenza (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    What bitch?
    That bitch.
    Last edited by Mordent; 03-11-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    I think the story serves to point out how wrong the legalization of pot is. There are millions of people who don't buy into the dumb policy.

I have had two exposures to pot. On one occasion I was standing next to the open window of a van and the idiots inside the van were smoking pot.
    It smelled like burning alfalfa hay to me.

The next was that I was part of a jury that affixed a sentence to a young Latino who was guilty of possessing pot. He had hid it in canning jars near a lake and had put a slice of apple into the jars to keep the pot moist. The DA recommended a three year suspended sentence and that is what we agreed to. It was better to leave him free than to put him in the pen where he could learn from the pros, so the DA suggested.
    Shit, with all that experience you could write a very comprehensive book on the subject...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mordent For This Useful Post:

countryboy (03-15-2014)

3 months registeredSocial50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    I think the story serves to point out how wrong the legalization of pot is. There are millions of people who don't buy into the dumb policy.

I have had two exposures to pot. On one occasion I was standing next to the open window of a van and the idiots inside the van were smoking pot.
    It smelled like burning alfalfa hay to me.

The next was that I was part of a jury that affixed a sentence to a young Latino who was guilty of possessing pot. He had hid it in canning jars near a lake and had put a slice of apple into the jars to keep the pot moist. The DA recommended a three year suspended sentence and that is what we agreed to. It was better to leave him free than to put him in the pen where he could learn from the pros, so the DA suggested.
    Millions of people have a bias against something that has been drilled into their head as being socially unacceptable?? That's a shock.

The barber addressed it as he saw fit. If he had customers that complained, and he thought it in his best interest to address those complaints as he did - then that is just a businessman catering to his customers. Those that smell of pot, need to go somewhere else to get their haircut. That, or get their hair cut and then go smoke.

That said, you seem entirely comfortable playing referree over other peoples lives. I would imagine that being such a superior being must be intoxicating?? A truncheon in one hand, a bible in the other??

P.S. You've just given me an inspiration - I have jury duty next week, maybe I'll hunt down a joint or two to enhance my jury experience

17. The Following User Says Thank You to wist43 For This Useful Post:

fyrenza (03-11-2014)

Thread Information