User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Missiles fired from Iran to SA oil fields

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    The US does not "have to" defend KSA.

The one's who "have to" are the beneficiaries of the flow of KSA oil. EU, Japan, India,etc.

The US has energy autarky.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taxcutter For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-20-2019),MisterVeritis (09-19-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxcutter View Post
    The US does not "have to" defend KSA.

The one's who "have to" are the beneficiaries of the flow of KSA oil. EU, Japan, India,etc.

The US has energy autarky.
    Yet gas prices have jumped. A LOT!
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." — Fred Sanford

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    Yet gas prices have jumped. A LOT!

I keep thinking they will raise them substantially in my area (sac area), so far they haven't
    James 1:19 says, "Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath." Being “slow to speak” is the exact opposite to speaking pressingly or with urgency. Practically speaking I believe its all about getting into the habit. Wait before you speak and consider the effects of what you are going to say. Then, if you don’t have anything to say that is constructive or edifying, don’t say anything at all!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heyslick For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-20-2019)

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    We have defense agreements with SA; whether or not those in the fever swamps like that or not is irrelevant, we honor our agreements, which is why we have more allies than everybody else does and why the Democrats are pandering to Red China and Iran both, via Obama and currently encouraging them to bait Trump. They want to screw up the ARAMCO IPO coming up and cripple SA's economy. That is not in our interests at the moment, and neither is tossing an ally under the bus a good idea, never is. If you're scared of the Big Bad Mullahs and they make you piss yourself, just self-deport to some country that isn't a target and whine from there.
    Last edited by Oberon; 09-21-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks
    Gas prices are cheaper than they were in 1972, in fact gas is less than 10 cents a gallon in 1972 dollars. Let me know when it hits 10 dollars a gallon, or about 40 cents a gallon in 1972 dollars.
    Last edited by Oberon; 09-21-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    iran sells it rationed at 25 cents a gallon. then everyone steps on it before selling it to the kurds to be backpacked across the border.
    sic semper tyrannis

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Gas prices are cheaper than they were in 1972, in fact gas is less than 10 cents a gallon in 1972 dollars. Let me know when it hits 10 dollars a gallon, or about 40 cents a gallon in 1972 dollars.
    Wishful thinking - That will NEVER happen
    James 1:19 says, "Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath." Being “slow to speak” is the exact opposite to speaking pressingly or with urgency. Practically speaking I believe its all about getting into the habit. Wait before you speak and consider the effects of what you are going to say. Then, if you don’t have anything to say that is constructive or edifying, don’t say anything at all!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heyslick View Post
    Wishful thinking - That will NEVER happen
    What will never happen? Gas is cheaoer now than it was in 1972. Do you mean hit $10 a gallon? It's been a lot higher than that in the past in inflation adjusted dollars.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Where do you get those 1972 dollars? How much do you have to pay for a 1972 dollar?
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (09-25-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    Where do you get those 1972 dollars? How much do you have to pay for a 1972 dollar?
    I use inflation calculators based on real prices for real goods, not the government's scam, which includes ludicrous claims involving personal computer prices and other dumbass rubbish; they have vested interest in grossly under-reporting inflation. I prefer the gold standard for my own personal calculations, though with a baseline discount to cut out temporary speculative bubbles distorting prices. I also use Shadowstats. com's inflation data and Seeking Alpha's, which use a range of calculators using a several methodologies. none are perfect, but all are far better than the government's and Wall Street's ridiculous fake numbers. Between all these I can arrive at some rough numbers close to reality so I can get an idea of where my hedges stand in relation to holding their values. I use 1972 dollars because that year precedes the beginnings of the oil crisis years and the global food shortage of the 1970's, while still accounting for the compartively minor infaltion caused by the Cold War, in part because of the Viet Nam War years, and that's when I first started buying gold and other stuff and needed to keep accurate accounts of their rises and falls. My two sons and daughter use the early 1990's for their base accounting years. My current rough rule of thumb is divide current prices by 25 to 30, and tweak from there; not all of it is aresult of huge money supplies but also some decades of improved transportation and mass production efficiencies. Fuel costs and other costs are dirt cheap realtive to 1972, but wages are even cheaper, around 30% of 1972 wages, hence the false appearance of 'high prices'.
    Last edited by Oberon; 09-26-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Thread Information