User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was Dr Huxtable a sexual predator?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    I see humor is lost on you. But if a serial killer had a fascination with killing with a knife, and he worked at a knife manufacturer, yeah, it would be reason to see a correlation.
    So you're saying that working at that job made him kill.

Are you saying he took that job so he can kill.

A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Not saying I do or I don’t, but where is the hard evidence. I don’t believe in convicting someone 10-20-30 years later without hard evidence. It’s a he said she said affair, give me some hard evidence that he raped them and I’m good with it. But don’t come at me with pitch folks and torches 20 years later and expect me to buy it. This is America we don’t convict on that, or you must also believe that Bret Kavanaugh is guilty of rape also.
    I was listening to a podcast today that caused me to look into it some. Apparently there was quite a bit more than just one person’s word against another. For one, there were 60 some women that when questioned all had very similar stories. And not just the broad versions reported in the media. Also, apparently in the stand up comedian circles around Philadelphia and NYC, there was talk for years that he was raping women. But several articles said the biggest factor to the jury was that in 2005 in a deposition for a civil case, he admitted to drugging women to have sex with them.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Bill Cosby went out of his way to be a good role model and this is what leftists did to him, that's my take on it.

I got my Fat Albert DVDs.
    Last edited by MrogersNhood; 09-16-2019 at 08:55 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrogersNhood For This Useful Post:

Crusader (09-16-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fortis View Post
    So you're saying that working at that job made him kill.

Are you saying he took that job so he can kill.
    Neither. More like he took a job to be around knives because he had a weird fixation on knives and killing people with knives. It might be compared to an alcoholic becoming a bartender.

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    I have no idea if Cosby was the monster they now portray him as or not. In the few interviews I bothered watching, the women admitted that they willingly went with him to his hotel room and had drinks and most of them admitted to knowing they were taking quaaludes.

Now I am far from being a genius, as I am sure most here will agree, but I am pretty sure most of those women knew that going for private drinks in a guys hotel room and doing drugs will most likely lead to a sexual encounter. My personal thoughts are that they either wanted the experience because he was rich and famous or maybe they were trying to get him to help their career.

Now, if he drugged some of them without their knowledge, that is despicable and definitely rape.

We will never know what really happened.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

Crusader (09-16-2019),fortis (09-16-2019)

50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Neither. More like he took a job to be around knives because he had a weird fixation on knives and killing people with knives. It might be compared to an alcoholic becoming a bartender.
    Maybe an alcoholic becoming a bartender is not a fair example, since he would have access to free booze. The guy can get a knife without working at a company that makes them.

You're reading into it to much, so a guy makes cars but got a DWI. So, he has a fixation with driving drunk is why he does that for a living.
    Last edited by fortis; 09-16-2019 at 09:01 PM.

A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    I was listening to a podcast today that caused me to look into it some. Apparently there was quite a bit more than just one person’s word against another. For one, there were 60 some women that when questioned all had very similar stories. And not just the broad versions reported in the media. Also, apparently in the stand up comedian circles around Philadelphia and NYC, there was talk for years that he was raping women. But several articles said the biggest factor to the jury was that in 2005 in a deposition for a civil case, he admitted to drugging women to have sex with them.
    There is no hard evidence in any of that, just speculation and conjecture. How many of them knowingly accepted the drugs had sex with him and then 20 years later thought hey there could be some money in this. We don’t know, just as we don’t know if Cosby raped them. Because there is no evidence either way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fortis View Post
    Maybe an alcoholic becoming a bartender is not a fair example, since he would have access to free booze. The guy can get a knife without working at a company that makes them.

You're reading into it to much, so a guy makes cars but got a DWI. So, he has a fixation with driving drunk is why he does that for a living.
    You’re making out like it’s trying to draw a connection around 1 case instead of 60+ cases. Also, you’re reading too much into a dark look at the irony of two things.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    There is no hard evidence in any of that, just speculation and conjecture. How many of them knowingly accepted the drugs had sex with him and then 20 years later thought hey there could be some money in this. We don’t know, just as we don’t know if Cosby raped them. Because there is no evidence either way.
    No, none of it is hard evidence. However, when you put it all together, it’s a lot more solid than Some other cases that have been convicted.

Thread Information