User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dutch Woman With Dementia Euthanized Against Her Will.

Free Bird - V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    You should consider therapy. You are so angry that you canít even think logically.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Pitcher View Post
    fuck off
    Interesting.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Pitcher View Post
    fuck off
    Take a deep breath

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    Debating which is the more dignified ending is not the same as actually doing it. The worst part about dementia is we donít know whatís going on in the patients mind. With my grandmother, I often wondered how terrifying it must be to not know who anyone is. Everyone is a stranger.
    An uncle was terrified of the ugly old man peeking in the window. It was not a window. It was a mirror.

I have set some markers for me. A man I know forgot his PIN number and couldn't access his bank account in the U.S.. So, my cell phone PIN is eight digits. When I can't remember that I'll consider suicide. My father forgot how to start the car but kept driving by having the neighbors start it for him. And, the day I can't remember where I live is a big marker.

I think it should be a personal decision. My grandmother was senile but only with her daughters. I asked her one day, "Grandma, why are you senile with Mom and her sister but not with me?"

She looked around to make sure we were alone and said, "Because it doesn't work with you, you son-of-a-bitch." We both laughed.

Anytime, someone else decides it's time you die, it's murder. If you decide it's time you die, it's assisted suicide.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    its interesting to me how so many people consider their pets to be legit members of their family but will euthanize them to put them out of their misery.
    I'm sorry you can't distinguish between animals and humans but I suppose I can understand it. One sentient difference is my dog or cat can't discuss with me whether they'd like to keep screaming or not.

An uncle who was senile fell and broke his hip. My sister raced to the nursing home and found him in bed screaming in pain. She asked if they'd given him anything for the pain and they said, "We can't. He might die."

My sister spent two hours with an attorney to force them to deal with the pain. They did and he rested peacefully for a few hours and died. I don't consider that murder.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    its interesting to me how so many people consider their pets to be legit members of their family but will euthanize them to put them out of their misery.
    This thought has occurred to me as well.

Maybe these people would euthanize their terminally sick children, if it were legal.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Aktion T-4 material.

Thread Information