User Tag List

Thread: Flaw?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks

Flaw?

I've always gone by the saying, "Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity." But, Democrat-designed systems that are rampant with fraud have reached the point I don't think it can be a "flaw" or an "unintended consequence".

We pay people to be bums and we get more bums. We design a system that lets bums collect "refunds" from the IRS and then are stunned when hundreds of millions go to fraud and no one is held accountable.

"llinois Policy reveals that the state has spent $4.6 million on Medicaid for dead people:
    An audit by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ Office of Inspector General, or OIG, found Illinois spent $4.6 million on Medicaid coverage for dead people.
    From October 2015 to September 2017, Illinois made 84 insurance payments for 80 deceased individuals that the state did not recover, according to OIG’s audit. The state now owes the federal government $3.2 million – the portion of the $4.6 million Illinois received from the federal health department.
    State officials blamed the errors on a “technical flaw,” according to the Chicago Tribune, and said the state failed to enter the individuals’ death dates into the system."https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ical_care.html
    The article is right. If these people can, and do, vote, why shouldn't they get health benefits?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (09-14-2019),teeceetx (09-14-2019)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    State officials
    blamed
    the errors on a “technical flaw,” according to the Chicago Tribune

The ability for "technical flaws" to happen are built into the system. Lawmakers are stupid & when they design ANY system there are holes that 747 planes can fly through. And that wouldn't be that bad because after all they know nothing about the laws they are making but the problem is that they NEVER go back & try to stop stuff like this from happening. Generally it's looked at as a one time problem even when history shows that it happens everywhere all the time. But don't worry because it's not a real problem until they run out of taxpayers money & the ability to keep raising taxes for when they need more money.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

teeceetx (09-14-2019)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I've always gone by the saying, "Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity." But, Democrat-designed systems that are rampant with fraud have reached the point I don't think it can be a "flaw" or an "unintended consequence".

We pay people to be bums and we get more bums. We design a system that lets bums collect "refunds" from the IRS and then are stunned when hundreds of millions go to fraud and no one is held accountable.

"llinois Policy reveals that the state has spent $4.6 million on Medicaid for dead people:
    An audit by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ Office of Inspector General, or OIG, found Illinois spent $4.6 million on Medicaid coverage for dead people.
    From October 2015 to September 2017, Illinois made 84 insurance payments for 80 deceased individuals that the state did not recover, according to OIG’s audit. The state now owes the federal government $3.2 million – the portion of the $4.6 million Illinois received from the federal health department.
    State officials blamed the errors on a “technical flaw,” according to the Chicago Tribune, and said the state failed to enter the individuals’ death dates into the system."https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ical_care.html
    The article is right. If these people can, and do, vote, why shouldn't they get health benefits?
    Ain't it the truth!
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteranTagger First ClassCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost Popular
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    State officials
    blamed
    the errors on a “technical flaw,” according to the Chicago Tribune

The ability for "technical flaws" to happen are built into the system. Lawmakers are stupid & when they design ANY system there are holes that 747 planes can fly through. And that wouldn't be that bad because after all they know nothing about the laws they are making but the problem is that they NEVER go back & try to stop stuff like this from happening. Generally it's looked at as a one time problem even when history shows that it happens everywhere all the time. But don't worry because it's not a real problem until they run out of taxpayers money & the ability to keep raising taxes for when they need more money.
    If they ever had to deal with a tax payer revolt .... where the spigot runs dry due to rebellion.... they would find "ways" to cut out the fraud quick enough. They've just never had to worry about eliminating the fraud. They're complacent. And that's why fraud will continue.
    Sic semper tyrannis - Everyman
    “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” - Alexander Hamilton
    “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
    The slave doesn’t dream of being free, he dreams of being the master. - Anonymous

Fighting liberal chickens every day....and.... loving it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheldonna For This Useful Post:

teeceetx (09-14-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    It's shocking how bumbling and inept government is. Not surprising however, given the caliber of workers who now enjoy a cannot-be-fired-from job. I actually think there are few government employees whose IQ rises above 80. One need only look at Congress, the DMV, and Post Office for evidence. And we want these people to be in charge of our healthcare!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (09-14-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    No - THEY want to be in charge of our healthcare . This way all the ignorant offspring they have are guaranteed a cushy job paying big bucks
    It's time to take off the gloves

Buy It
    Fly It
    Stick It To The Left

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (09-14-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    Of course they are feeding off Dependency as a Party and that can't be explained by mere incompetence.

Consider how a standard private sector business model works. You want to make a profit from a product or service. So the incentive is to keep costs down and be competitive. If you screw up somebody will do it better for less.

The public sector is the opposite. Your incentive is to keep asking for more each budget cycle so waste and fraud gets buried. Just raise taxes and pile up more debt. Who cares you will be long gone when the system breaks.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Bread View Post
    No - THEY want to be in charge of our healthcare . This way all the ignorant offspring they have are guaranteed a cushy job paying big bucks
    Every major candidate is on that debate stage selling the lie that Government run health insurance will save money . Forced Medicare is proof of that lie and now they want us all in that system.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

Thread Information