Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: Before I get started in here

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I just got banned again over of the PF.

Yesterday I was down to 0 points and one asshole moderator decided to issue three violations on one post with 30 points and being banned.

And since you are locked out you can't contest the ban.

They have a problem over there.
    Their 'problem' began when they thought the net was going to be regulated and all right wing and conservative speech was going to be classified as 'hate speech', and we were all supposed to 'tone it down' or these boards would get shut down n stuff, so I guess the owners decided to get a jump start on that agenda. They sent their troll teams around to bait and annoy, got rid of many of us at that time.

I don't miss the place, it was becoming the same crowd of shills for either side over and over and over again. There would occasionally be good threads in some of the 'sub-forums' and 'sub-sub Forums', that's about it. As I've said before, most posters who do real research and develop good discussion habits went to blogs a long time ago, starting around 2005-ish or so, iirc, and just avoid the ideological spammers for the most part.

I'm mildly surprised you got banned, though, as you were better at replying to trolls than most of us.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oberon For This Useful Post:

APACHERAT (11-01-2019),HawkTheSlayer (11-01-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Their 'problem' began when they thought the net was going to be regulated and all right wing and conservative speech was going to be classified as 'hate speech', and we were all supposed to 'tone it down' or these boards would get shut down n stuff, so I guess the owners decided to get a jump start on that agenda. They sent their troll teams around to bait and annoy, got rid of many of us at that time.

I don't miss the place, it was becoming the same crowd of shills for either side over and over and over again. There would occasionally be good threads in some of the 'sub-forums' and 'sub-sub Forums', that's about it. As I've said before, most posters who do real research and develop good discussion habits went to blogs a long time ago, starting around 2005-ish or so, iirc, and just avoid the ideological spammers for the most part.

I'm mildly surprised you got banned, though, as you were better at replying to trolls than most of us.
    I've about had it with them over there.

The first politicalforum I belonged to was back in 1995 and they weren't called forums but message boards and the first political forum was on C-Span. If they had any moderators I was unaware of them but back in the day things were pretty civil.

C-Span closed down their public forum I think back in 2001.

The best politicalforum in my opinion was when Political.com had a community forum. No moderators at all. There was a "report" button to use if your feeling got hurt and if you had like 50 people complaining they would send someone down to look at what the problem was.

Basically the Politico.com community forum was complete anarchy and way to much traffic. You responded to someone's post and when you posted your reply there has been another 50 post posted with in five minutes. There were no notifications that someone had responded to your post.

The Politico.com community forum was deactivated in January of 2013.

Debates Politics is just to PC and the mods can't keep their personal opinions and believes separate from their job as a moderator.

When conservatives over at Politicalforum.com are targeted and sent hiking many seem to end up here on this forum. U.S.Conservative, MCC, Robert, etc.

I do wish there were more leftist suffering from TDS participating on this forum.

Over on the PF I either been infracted or issued a warning for using words like snowflake, Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS), negress.

I used the later in a post in historical context and it was ten point infraction.

Ne·gress

/ˈnēɡres/
    Learn to pronounce

nounDATED•
    a woman or girl of black African origin.

Last edited by APACHERAT; 11-01-2019 at 12:59 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to APACHERAT For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (11-01-2019),MrMike (11-01-2019),Oberon (11-01-2019),Rutabaga (11-01-2019)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    I've about had it with them over there.
    About? The mods there are abusive to conservatives and that won't change. It's also why their numbers have been declining.

I do wish there were more leftist suffering from TDS participating on this forum.
    Then we'd be just as bad as the other forums you don't like. Besides, they self destruct pretty quickly. They can't be civil. Sure, we have a spare very few who can be civil, but that inability (TDS//prog fever) makes it a certainty most of them go bonkers on a center-to-right forum. They just can't help themselves.

I'm a libertarian but I don't use the term these days because it's been co opted by the left. I just call myself a constitutionalist or something similar. I vote Republican. The younger democrats are going communist and the old dinosaurs bred them, so they appease them for the sake of holding their seats. Before the next election, that word will be spoken in public - about them.

This is a privately owned forum and runs on donations - which we have no trouble getting - to pay for the server. It's the ONLY cost here. Staff give their time for the love of country. We all have skin in the game because the D's want to be like Communist China - which is failing and will find their Western companies going to other countries for manufacturing needs.
    Last edited by Trinnity; 11-01-2019 at 02:08 PM.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

APACHERAT (11-04-2019),Brat (11-01-2019),Daily Bread (11-01-2019),Dan40 (11-01-2019),DMK (11-02-2019),HawkTheSlayer (11-01-2019),Kodiak (11-01-2019),Montana (11-01-2019),MrMike (11-01-2019),Oberon (11-01-2019),potlatch (11-01-2019),Rutabaga (11-01-2019)

Thread Information