User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purina Beneful is horrible for dogs

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    I used to feed Adonis only "Blue Buffalo." That is likely the best, but...he did not like it all that much.

These days, I feed him "Ceasars." He likes that. (But, not as much as "afternoon snacks!")

Have fed him Beneful, but didn't have any issues. Probably because he is a "free" eater, in that he just eats a bit at a time. I leave the bowl out, and, it will still be half full when I get home,
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil Jones View Post
    It would be nice if the news media would start reporting this kind of shit (red stained as it is) instead making up shit about Trump and Putin being secret Bond masterminds against humanity
    I took in a poop from Knucklehead for examination by the local vet and a specialty lab on Monday. It was pink and bubbly after he refused to eat that morning. I'll know by Friday what it was...
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    I fed my Dane with *Eukanuba Adult Large Breed* and she lived until 11 years old. Never had any problem with that food
    We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Ralston Purina was sold to Nestle about 20 years ago. Nestle has been involved in any number of profitable scandals...selling tainted baby formula in Africa (and promoting it to native women who'd have been better breast-feeding) and food adulterations of other types, that I don't recall offhand.

Nestle. Swiss. The clean, moral Swiss, who handled the Jews' gold for the Nazis.

They have the morality of grave robbers.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    ...Stouffer's Foods. How could I forget...Stouffer's was a Cleveland company. An outgrowth of Vernon Stouffer's restaurant business - he had three upscale restaurants in Cleveland, renowned for their food.

Once Nestle bought the frozen-entree business, the stuff became oversalted, unpalatable garbage. THAT is what those damned, double-damned, God-damned Swiss think of non-Swiss.

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 60.0%

Thanks
    Just the ads for Beneful make me want to puke, so I can only imagine what it does to a poor dog that eats the stuff.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    People still buy purina?
    I do. I just checked the bag and it doesn't say Beneful but then it's in Spanish. My dog has digestive problems that almost killed him. With a vet advising I ended up with him eating a quarter pattie of 100% meat from Sam's Club, a quarter cup of kibble, and a dash of cooking oil twice a day.

Personally, I'd write Purina if I were you and see if there is a reasonable explanation. Perhaps it's a dye to help people see the poop to either avoid it or clean it up.

The only thing else he eats, unless I don't catch him in time, is doggie treats I use when training. They're called Barky's Mini Steaks and when they come out they're pink.
    Last edited by patrickt; 09-12-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Jack and Cooper eat Pedigree. They have no problems and Jack turned 14 last month...very old for a Parson Russell. He's slow and can't see or hear well. Old dude won't make it a whole lot longer. He's still upset he didn't get to go to the Space Station...all that NASA training...and nothin'

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Our indoor cat had a UTI a few months ago and the vet put her on this high dollar stuff called CD. She's 13 and acts and looks 5 now. Amazing what the right food can do for them.
    Meth?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Jack and Cooper eat Pedigree. They have no problems and Jack turned 14 last month...very old for a Parson Russell. He's slow and can't see or hear well. Old dude won't make it a whole lot longer. He's still upset he didn't get to go to the Space Station...all that NASA training...and nothin'
    My dog had problems with straight kibble and the doctor had me mix in canned dog food. I used Pedigree beef and my dog get very six and had severe diarrhea in my living room and on my bed. I wrote Pedigree and didn't get an answer. I switched to Pedigree chicken and had the same problem. Now I buy 100% meat patties from Sam's Club.

Thread Information