50000 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    Do you like fat little girls.

Herman did!
    Are you sure they were fat, or did they have a little meat on their bones? I don't like ultra skinny women.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    Hey, I LOVE Patton, BUT....he was rather reckless.

I don't know about Patton, but, Abrams understood the equipment he had. He took advantage of their strengths, while hiding their disadvantages.

(The Sherman tank, in particular, was far better purposed than one might think. NO, it could not typically go toe to toe with a German Panzer. But....if one actually uses the tactics of "Blitzkreig," it shouldn't have to. Although not much faster than the typical Panzer (And, actually slower than the "Panther" tanks...), the Sherman was easy to use, easily maintained, with good range. If was also better suited for ROADS...)

Only proper that America's Main Battle Tank is named after Abrams.....
    Blitzkrieg was never the same after the battle of Kiev. It was designed for co-ordinated air and land assault. Once the Allies got a toehold on the continent, blitzkrieg had some moments, but the Germans were increasingly fighting a defensive war on two fronts.

I was thinking about D-Day and the German machine gun nests defending the Normandy beaches. Gun-grabbers think that AR-15's are "assault rifles" and "machine guns". They don't understand that a machine gun is best used as a defensive weapon in a stationary position, or as support for an attacking squad armed with lighter weapons.. They don't know about cooling or two man operation of a machine gun, they just watched Rambo.

Next time a liberal talks about "assault machine guns, inform them that the machine guns at D-Day were defending against the Allied assault. -
    Last edited by Piru; 09-12-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Thread Information