User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: News Anchor Sues Facebook, Reddit After Her Pic Shows Up in Dating, Erectile Dysfunct

  1. #21
    Stalking Santa in 2019 V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    NORAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,061
    Thanks
    31,456
    Thanked: 8,279
    Rep Power
    21474850
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    You probably didn't notice the last time your photo was taken, either.

    If you went through the checkout line at Walmart, or stopped at a quick mart, your photo was taken. And if you were smiling and pleasant to the clerk, that's how you would have looked.
    Not straight into the camera.

  2. #22
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 92.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    55,612
    Thanks
    11,412
    Thanked: 42,836
    Rep Power
    21474898
    To use a person's image, or a video clip, in a for-pay production (as opposed to a current-events, news-related video) a release is required by all participants. This, to ensure that private citizens are not inadvertantly used for commercial promotions and to ensure that actors or others promised compensation, actually get it. The release form is proof that they had received, or waived, compensation.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

    2cent (09-10-2019),IvanLeFou (09-10-2019)

  4. #23
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 72.0%

    2cent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27,216
    Thanks
    23,517
    Thanked: 27,081
    Rep Power
    21474870
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    You probably didn't notice the last time your photo was taken, either.

    If you went through the checkout line at Walmart, or stopped at a quick mart, your photo was taken. And if you were smiling and pleasant to the clerk, that's how you would have looked.
    As a matter of fact, right as you walk into the local Walmart, there are t.v.'s on display, which are turned on. What caught my eye? There, for your viewing pleasure, were two men talking w/one another on the sidewalk of the very doctor's office I'd just left not 10 minutes previous! The volume wasn't on, but I wish it had occurred to me to walk over, and turn it up, just to see if it was recording.

    The 2 men soon parted, and went their separate ways. It was very obvious that they had no clue that they were 'on t.v.'

    Care to guess what was the first thing to cross my mind? Yeah, I was ticked.

    Then the scene switched to two young men who were walking away from the camera, along a sidewalk in front of what appeared to be the college campus. (I couldn't quite tell.) At least in this scene, you couldn't make out their faces as clear as a bell like the men in front of the doc's office.

    All of the scenes were local area shops, docs offices, schools, etc. Kind of a 'closed-caption' sort of thing.

    Seeing as the scenes kept changing, chances are slim that I was on t.v. w/o my knowledge. Screw this, 'You don't have any expectation of privacy, while out in public.' I don't want to see MY FACE on a t.v. in Walmart!!! There, for the whole wide world to view. Besides which, it was the entrance/exit to a doctor's office, for God's sake! Ya know, those places that give you a privacy statement, and are ever so very concerned for your privacy?
    What if that gets seen by someone a patient would prefer not know he was at the doctor's?

    Apologies for the wordiness. But yes, folks, many people are not only getting their pics taken w/o their knowledge, but 'filmed before a live audience.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.


    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

  5. #24
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 92.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    55,612
    Thanks
    11,412
    Thanked: 42,836
    Rep Power
    21474898
    We're all on television, most of the day when we're in public. A few years ago, Denver was the American city most wired with security cameras. That hit me because 24 years ago, the petty street crime in Denver was unbelievably open. Drug and sex sales were almost as bad as in Toronto in the 1980s. The streets were basically safe - few muggings or drive-by shootings - so middle-class kids wouldn't be afraid to go down Colfax to score a few dime-bags, and their fathers equally comfortable checking out the nighttime talent on the corners (bus benches were what they used; and for us drivers, that made a real problem, telling between passengers and hookers).

    So, as of about ten years ago, you went into the street-marketplace, you WERE gonna be video'd. What the authorities DID with that video of you, your car and license tag...was the big question. Nothing, in most cases, unless you drew the attention of the powers-that-be. Then, it probably would, or will in the future, be dug up. Has happened, in a few cases, already.

    As to that Walmart video display: That was probably to demonstrate to bad actors, that - not only is everything they do being video'd - but it's being STORED. That's why the tape delay.

  6. #25
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 72.0%

    2cent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27,216
    Thanks
    23,517
    Thanked: 27,081
    Rep Power
    21474870
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    We're all on television, most of the day when we're in public. A few years ago, Denver was the American city most wired with security cameras. That hit me because 24 years ago, the petty street crime in Denver was unbelievably open. Drug and sex sales were almost as bad as in Toronto in the 1980s. The streets were basically safe - few muggings or drive-by shootings - so middle-class kids wouldn't be afraid to go down Colfax to score a few dime-bags, and their fathers equally comfortable checking out the nighttime talent on the corners (bus benches were what they used; and for us drivers, that made a real problem, telling between passengers and hookers).

    So, as of about ten years ago, you went into the street-marketplace, you WERE gonna be video'd. What the authorities DID with that video of you, your car and license tag...was the big question. Nothing, in most cases, unless you drew the attention of the powers-that-be. Then, it probably would, or will in the future, be dug up. Has happened, in a few cases, already.

    As to that Walmart video display: That was probably to demonstrate to bad actors, that - not only is everything they do being video'd - but it's being STORED. That's why the tape delay.
    Tape delay? I don't know that there was any. Looked like live-stream to me.

    So where's these guys' (or my?) compensation? 'Cuz it sure as heck wasn't current events, or news-related.
    It was being used for advertising purposes - at their unawares, on top it. At a doctor's office, no less.

    Next time I go in to that doc's, I'm bringing my handy "Privacy Policy Statement."
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.


    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

  7. #26
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 92.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    55,612
    Thanks
    11,412
    Thanked: 42,836
    Rep Power
    21474898
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Tape delay? I don't know that there was any. Looked like live-stream to me.
    You mentioned, I thought, customers seeing themselves in the monitor at a place they were just a few moments ago. Sounds like a record + playback program. Save about three-four days of it, and then overwrite in a stream.

    That would make sense, but I don't know that they're doing it. Every Wally World has different policies and security issues. Many stores in CA, for example, won't let RVs park overnight. Here they're welcomed.

    Some place the "Greeters" have been replaced with armed security guards. Some places they lock all but one entrance after dark - or close at ten. Others do not.

  8. #27
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 72.0%

    2cent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27,216
    Thanks
    23,517
    Thanked: 27,081
    Rep Power
    21474870
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    You mentioned, I thought, customers seeing themselves in the monitor at a place they were just a few moments ago. Sounds like a record + playback program. Save about three-four days of it, and then overwrite in a stream.

    That would make sense, but I don't know that they're doing it. Every Wally World has different policies and security issues. Many stores in CA, for example, won't let RVs park overnight. Here they're welcomed.

    Some place the "Greeters" have been replaced with armed security guards. Some places they lock all but one entrance after dark - or close at ten. Others do not.
    No. I didn't explain clearly. I went to Walmart to get a script filled directly after leaving the doctor's office. When I got there, there were OTHER PEOPLE, coming and going in and out of that doc's office, there on the t.v. screens at Walmart.

    It definitely appeared to be live-stream. But even if not, what gives Walmart the right to set up cameras all over town, filming people, to sell their t.v.'s?

    If I wasn't so exhausted after getting out of a different doc's office today, I'd have swung in there, and asked what a doc's office is doing allowing Walmart to do that to their patient's privacy. I'd have also stopped at Walmart to see if they were still pulling that stunt.

    Meanwhile, people are making money off this. One doc's office, I happen to know, takes a lot of Medicaid patients. Maybe they're trying to make up for their losses? Hmmm?
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.


    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

  9. #28
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 92.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    55,612
    Thanks
    11,412
    Thanked: 42,836
    Rep Power
    21474898
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    No. I didn't explain clearly. I went to Walmart to get a script filled directly after leaving the doctor's office. When I got there, there were OTHER PEOPLE, coming and going in and out of that doc's office, there on the t.v. screens at Walmart.

    It definitely appeared to be live-stream. But even if not, what gives Walmart the right to set up cameras all over town, filming people, to sell their t.v.'s?

    If I wasn't so exhausted after getting out of a different doc's office today, I'd have swung in there, and asked what a doc's office is doing allowing Walmart to do that to their patient's privacy. I'd have also stopped at Walmart to see if they were still pulling that stunt.

    Meanwhile, people are making money off this. One doc's office, I happen to know, takes a lot of Medicaid patients. Maybe they're trying to make up for their losses? Hmmm?
    Medicaid, for an honest doc, is a money-loser. It could be a mill, mass-processing patients; it could be the doc is young and/or a total, pie-eyed lib. We have many such, here. When I lost railroad health coverage, I had to go to the public clinic here, and the doc I was assigned was an intern doing his residency. Top-knot man-bun on his head. Total freakazoid.

    I had no choice and I'm still having to go there, although I get primary care elsewhere now. Fortunately for me, this place draws liberals like honey draws flies, and there's a med school attached to the state university.

    Another reason I'm not frantically moving out, not yet. I'll be dependent on the VA, on the ACA and in three years on Medicare, and in most places, most docs will not take new Medicare/Medicaid patients.

  10. #29
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 72.0%

    2cent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27,216
    Thanks
    23,517
    Thanked: 27,081
    Rep Power
    21474870
    Was in Walmart yesterday. The t.v.'s they had for sale were turned 'off'.

    Betcha somebody(ies) complained.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.


    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •