User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Afterpay...

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    One went down...and, other one, up. Everything else I have stayed within a tiny up or down not to notice. Eh, people gotta eat and Costa gives 'em the stuff to do it with...especially in a country that is growing. I'm surprised more didn't drop because people tap into their investments on Mondays.

Ya GOTTA chase after these companies...stick your fingers in the wounds. Don't throw darts in the dark and hope you are going to get lucky. Exactly what that entails...you can learn if ya take a Community College class on it. I did it...and...I'm a dumb hippy.

Afterpay took big hits when it was perceived VISA was going to steal their operating paradigm. I saw this wasn't going to happen because I looked everywhere I could to digest all angles...and, so I bulked up my investments when they were down...then...bang! That subsequent investment...on its own...jumped 15% a week later. Why did it work out? Because I kept reading what VISA had to say...their legals team...the NYSE...what all the big fund managers said. Some said it would die...some said it would kick butt...so...I also had to look at the successful determinations these managers regularly make. 70% said...APT will kick butt. That did it for me. I cashed out my duds...consolidated the losses...and bought more APT. What I made in the next week erased those other dudded losses...and left me 2% out in front. That was a great, satisfying week. All the students in my class were as happy as all getout. Made some good friends. Normal people. People like on this site.

JUNE 28th: https://www.afr.com/companies/financ...0190628-p522cw

AUGUST 28th: https://www.businessnewsaus.com.au/a...lion-mark.html

CGC is going to pay out a franked dividend, too. Okay...dinner out...and, I'll even wear a shirt with buttons on it! I'll probably be eating something they got onto the table, too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Group

Upcoming Dividend
    Company Name: Costa Group Holdings
    Ex Dividend Date: 11 Sep, 19
    Dividend Pay Date: 03 Oct, 19
    Amount: 3.50 cents per share
    Franking: 100.00

CGC [COLOR=#02A902 !important][/COLOR] 3.720 AUD +0.190 +5.38%

APT [COLOR=red !important][/COLOR] 35.920 AUD -0.650 -1.78%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterpay

EXCERPT
    : By August 2019, the company revealed that it had approximately over 2 million active users and 6,500 merchants in the US and announced a strategic partnership with Visa Inc. in the US to help it acquire new merchants by smoothing integration processes.[5][6]
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    There's something called deferred capital gains. If I lose it...so what. It will shorten the capital gains I made on a real estate deal. It's the same as paying it.

What I find both entertaining and actually quite humorous...is to see impeachments thrown at me and what I am enjoying...which is success after success...denying that there is any upside to Day Trading. The attack of the Green Eyed Monster.......

I like being in this hole. I can't lose.
    Hey, whatever you need to to do to avoid admitting you're just gambling, and don't really know anyting about those stocks, just rumors and iineuedno you read soemwhere, just like horse racing junkies and their tout sheets.

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Hey, whatever you need to to do to avoid admitting you're just gambling, and don't really know anyting about those stocks, just rumors and iineuedno you read soemwhere, just like horse racing junkies and their tout sheets.
    I'm here wondering why you...from your first post...feel the need to throw a wet blanket on what I am doing. Before I even took the classes...I expressed my hopes...here...on this site...that my son and I were taking some classes on Share Investing at a local TAFE (community college). My only hope was a nice Father & Son thing...as I always have done with each of my boys. That's why they are successful, well bred, well mannered...respectful of women...good conservative citizens.

Something I think your own father needed to do with you.

So...here you are...for some reason...poking your finger in my eye.

What is it? Pot, booze...what? Your spelling is like your average stoner's scrawl.

Get a life asshat.

BTW: I made over $40K since these classes. What have you done with your time besides chiding someone out there doin' it?

Last edited by Northern Rivers; 10-01-2019 at 07:13 AM.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (10-01-2019),Neo (11-11-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    I'm here wondering why you...from your first post...feel the need to throw a wet blanket on what I am doing. Before I even took the classes...I expressed my hopes...here...on this site...that my son and I were taking some classes on Share Investing at a local TAFE (community college). My only hope was a nice Father & Son thing...as I always have done with each of my boys. That's why they are successful, well bred, well mannered...respectful of women...good conservative citizens. Something I think your own father needed to do with you. So...here you are...for some reason...poking your finger in my eye. What is it? Pot, booze...what? Your spelling is like your average stoner's scrawl. Get a life asshat. BTW: I made over $40K since these classes. What have you done with your time besides chiding someone out there doin' it?
    So, you're also a knee jerk whiner? What 'wet blanket' do you percieve here? You really get mad when it's pointed out you're just gambling, for some reason, even falling back on lame sniveling about spelling now. lol seems I hit a nerve for you get so defensive, eh? Most people know they're just gambling, they know shit about the companies they're gambling, can't name the CEO and CFO, can't even name what products they make half the time, and have zero insider info on real revenues, shipments, operating costs, legal issues, etc., And you're no different, no matter how much bullshit you throw out; you sound more like those shills who run around touting stocks on message boards just to pump up sales of crap they're selling or already own.
    Last edited by Oberon; 10-01-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So, you're also a knee jerk whiner? What 'wet blanket' do you percieve here? You really get mad when it's pointed out you're just gambling, for some reason, even falling back on lame sniveling about spelling now. lol seems I hit a nerve for you get so defensive, eh? Most people know they're just gambling, they know shit about the companies they're gambling, can't name the CEO and CFO, can't even name what products they make half the time, and have zero insider info on real revenues, shipments, operating costs, legal issues, etc., And you're no different, no matter how much bullshit you throw out; you sound more like those shills who run around touting stocks on message boards just to pump up sales of crap they're selling or already own.
    Geez, you must be fun at a party...
    No, basically...you are a clown...with nothing to add but rancour. Read your own posts. Sopping wet blankets is what I see...including this post. Why the crass comments? No matter...I made more since April than I know you...and a lot of other people, have. I'll knee jerk whine over a $100 shiraz just for you....

But...yeah...I do look at who is on the boards/know about their company/etc...I said that early on, but you are only interested in carping...and, wouldn't read into what I am doing. Some people encourage others...some find the need to cut someone, down...to their own level.

Afterpay's CEO is bowing out. He's taking $30M of his shares...and $80M in rights...out. This will cause all the first wildebeest to cross the Zambezi...then...all of 'em. I'm getting, out...putting it into a new riser...WPL (Woodside Petroleum) that will rebound once the Saudi output, returns....but...will put it "back" once the shares stabilize at a better buy. Woodside will bounce back...then stagnate. That's when I will swap out. As I've been taught...I will assay the curve and know when to make my move.

What a lame arse.....

Thanks
    I had to bail from Afterpay...leaving WELL in front. I got into AMP Insurance...and James Hardie with the funds. I'm up 5.5% or so on those. Sunland Group...another I moved into...has been down a few hundred since the same day...but...I only put $8K into it...so...losing $200 on that isn't a worry. It's due for a correction if what I learned in class holds true. As soon as I'm ahead...just 2% will do...I'm bailing.

https://www.google.com.au/search?sou...4dUDCAg&uact=5

https://www.google.com.au/search?ei=...4dUDCAs&uact=5

Look at how flat Sunland Group, is. It's gotta pick up...now that our Fed is keeping the rate at a historic low. There's no money in savings accounts so people like me will Day Trade their money. They do hand out fat franked dividends...which comes to double bank interest. This is where you scratch your head.....

https://www.google.com.au/search?ei=...4dUDCAs&uact=5

British subject Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Geez, you must be fun at a party...
    No, basically...you are a clown...with nothing to add but rancour. Read your own posts. Sopping wet blankets is what I see...including this post. Why the crass comments? No matter...I made more since April than I know you...and a lot of other people, have. I'll knee jerk whine over a $100 shiraz just for you....

But...yeah...I do look at who is on the boards/know about their company/etc...I said that early on, but you are only interested in carping...and, wouldn't read into what I am doing. Some people encourage others...some find the need to cut someone, down...to their own level.

Afterpay's CEO is bowing out. He's taking $30M of his shares...and $80M in rights...out. This will cause all the first wildebeest to cross the Zambezi...then...all of 'em. I'm getting, out...putting it into a new riser...WPL (Woodside Petroleum) that will rebound once the Saudi output, returns....but...will put it "back" once the shares stabilize at a better buy. Woodside will bounce back...then stagnate. That's when I will swap out. As I've been taught...I will assay the curve and know when to make my move.

What a lame arse.....
    your use of the proper terminology (Arse) is noted sir!
    A-TeamA crack commando unit from Vietnam that was sent to prison in 1972 for a crime they did not commit. After promptly escaping from a maximum security stocade, they now survive as soldiers of fortune, still on the run from the military police. They work for anyone who is in need of help and are innocent, hard-working people trying to make a living, and will usually do the job for free, even though they are supposedly "hired."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (11-11-2019)

Thanks
    Aaak! This is where you get to kick yourself. I decided to put just $1000 into IMUGENE...not too much. It's a "penny stock".

It went up 35.48%, today. "IF"/if/if/if/if......only I had put $50K into it!

IMU [COLOR=#02A902 !important][/COLOR] 0.042 AUD +0.011 +35.48% 1.000 Sell 30,000 0 0 0 0 30,000 1,260.00

Now...my thoughts are...is that "it" for the bump or, should I pony up??? They do have a great idea to capitalise upon:

https://smallcaps.com.au/imugene-limited/

https://www.imugene.com/announcements
    Last edited by Northern Rivers; 11-14-2019 at 04:13 AM.

Thanks
    Another kick in the head. After seeing yesterday's rise, I sold off a dud performer...and was going to ante up more into this IMUGENE company. Too late to hit the second day's rise...but, I'm in it, now. SOMETHING good has been discovered with their research, I would imagine. Up another 11.9% at today's opening. I had to buy in today at 4.7.......or, 47.8% rise in value since opening, yesterday. Imagine the folks with a couple hundred thou in this thing!

IMU [COLOR=#02A902 !important][/COLOR] 0.047 AUD +0.005 +11.90% 1.000 Sell 30,000 0 0 0 0 30,000 1,410.00

EDIT: Okay...I own over 173,000 now. Let's see what this weekend does. Usually...as I learned in those classes, a Monday opening has a selloff as people take profits out of their shares. Advice is to wait until it drops off...then...mid-day...BUY! Well, I have a weekend to think about it! All my other shares are all in the green...so...I ain't got no real duds to sell off for the swap.
    Last edited by Northern Rivers; 11-14-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks
    Up another 29% today!!!!
    IMU [COLOR=#02A902 !important][/COLOR] 0.058 AUD +0.013 +28.89%

Thread Information