User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Afterpay...

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredat50 View Post
    I am not wishing ill towards you. I want to see everyone do as well as possible

Just saying, watch it closely, because this type of thing often takes off like crazy, and then runs into reality. If at some point it starts looking bad, cut and run, you can always reinvest.
    The gains on this one sustained losses on others. I dumped them...

Hammered into us at these classes was a good bit of psychology, too. Don't invest what you can't afford to lose. Stocks go down, too. Be in it for the long haul. Buy when everyone's selling. Sell when everyone's buying. Make it a point to read up on the board. See where the money is being spent...on and on it went.

For me, here...these are capital gains...or losses. This mitigates the deferred capital gains I owe the tax man.

Basically, your same thoughts are what kept me away from investing as a day trader. That's why I took those classes. Good move, too!
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Retiredat50 (09-06-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    The gains on this one sustained losses on others. I dumped them...

Hammered into us at these classes was a good bit of psychology, too. Don't invest what you can't afford to lose. Stocks go down, too. Be in it for the long haul. Buy when everyone's selling. Sell when everyone's buying. Make it a point to read up on the board. See where the money is being spent...on and on it went.

For me, here...these are capital gains...or losses. This mitigates the deferred capital gains I owe the tax man.

Basically, your same thoughts are what kept me away from investing as a day trader. That's why I took those classes. Good move, too!
    Playing at day trading is a lure for sure, but the smart money in the market is long and slow, and as you said, when you get the chance to buy when everyone is selling that is the way to do it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (09-07-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Thanks
    Playing at day trading is a lure for sure, but the smart money in the market is long and slow, and as you said, when you get the chance to buy when everyone is selling that is the way to do it.
    Day trading doesn't mean you play stocks the way somebody's auntie plays the horses. The trade you make...takes all of a millisecond to press a buy button. You need to also put in time "exploring" potential buys. Example: How necessary is lithium becoming? Who has plenty of it...and...also the ability to mine it and export it...efficiently? What other investors are interested in what you are looking at...which...is one of the biggest clues for you.

There are slow earners that will keep you above bank rates. There are also speculative shares that can kick you either in the head...or...radically improve your stake.

A2 Milk was great...but...I missed the boat on that one. Afterpay ticked all the boxes.

I just put a sell order in for one minor share that I'm down 7.5%, in. I waited long enough but it is yoyo-ing up and down...a bit more on the down side with each zig and zag. It's a leisure group company...here...that own a couple of theme parks. Once I get paid...I'm moving that money into a lithium consortium...I'm up 12%, already, on that one.

You should think of taking a Community College crash course in Day Trading. Your bank (look at it, now) should have a portal into their own trading system. The way it works...is..you load up some money into an account they give you...and...you buy and sell as you wish. They make their money by a small commission each time you buy or sell. Here...it's $19.95 each way.

You will DEFINITELY make more than any bank interest rate. People that have CD's in banks...need to know that the bank is Day Trading with your money. Self-managed retirement funds work the best if you know what you are doing...but...ya can't be self-deluded...ya GOTTA know what you are doing!
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Retiredat50 (09-06-2019)

Thanks
    Day trading doesn't mean you play stocks the way somebody's auntie plays the horses. The trade you make...takes all of a millisecond to press a buy button. You need to also put in time "exploring" potential buys. Example: How necessary is lithium becoming? Who has plenty of it...and...also the ability to mine it and export it...efficiently? What other investors are interested in what you are looking at...which...is one of the biggest clues for you.

There are slow earners that will keep you above bank rates. There are also speculative shares that can kick you either in the head...or...radically improve your stake.

A2 Milk was great...but...I missed the boat on that one. Afterpay ticked all the boxes.

I just put a sell order in for one minor share that I'm down 7.5%, in. I waited long enough but it is yoyo-ing up and down...a bit more on the down side with each zig and zag. It's a leisure group company...here...that own a couple of theme parks. Once I get paid...I'm moving that money into a lithium consortium...I'm up 12%, already, on that one.

You should think of taking a Community College crash course in Day Trading. Your bank (look at it, now) should have a portal into their own trading system. The way it works...is..you load up some money into an account they give you...and...you buy and sell as you wish. They make their money by a small commission each time you buy or sell. Here...it's $19.95 each way.

You will DEFINITELY make more than any bank interest rate. People that have CD's in banks...need to know that the bank is Day Trading with your money. Self-managed retirement funds work the best if you know what you are doing...but...ya can't be self-deluded...ya GOTTA know what you are doing!
    No, I am done with the stock market. It did me good for a lot of years, and now Ijust don't want to mess with it.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    i dont do " the stock market either. i buy asset holding companies that pay dividends, and are usually worth more busted up than whole. and able to pair down their debt real fast like.
    sic semper tyrannis

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jirqoadai For This Useful Post:

Retiredat50 (09-07-2019)

Thanks
    No, I am done with the stock market. It did me good for a lot of years, and now I just don't want to mess with it.
    Weird time to get out with Donald Trump as President. Have you noticed the overall economy?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    i dont do " the stock market either. i buy asset holding companies that pay dividends, and are usually worth more busted up than whole. and able to pair down their debt real fast like.
    Dividends are also distributed on your buys.

The ones that pare down their debt...real fast...don't generally pay dividends...because they are paying down debt instead of issuing dividends.

The companies that don't disburse dividends...are usually self-funding their own expansion. No debt. And, again, no dividends.

The old timers...Blue Chips...pay dividends because they have reached their potentials. What each share costs in them...delivers a small yield...not much better than the banks.

Worth more busted up? Who would go into investing in a failed company? Where do you get your info? I'm curious...

Thanks
    Duplicate...oops!
    Last edited by Northern Rivers; 09-07-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks
    Weird time to get out with Donald Trump as President. Have you noticed the overall economy?
    To what purpose? I always wanted a house with a pool, I have that. I don't care about cars or travel. The only expense that I have related to entertainment or hobbies are my computers, and that is chump change compared to the habits most support.

I have zero debt, I am a simple person and live a simple life. I know what makes me happy and it does not cost much, hehe.

And, I have no one, I am the last. My family are all dead, I did not have kids so I have no grandkids. I have no one that I care about that would benefit from any wealth I have when I die.

Also, the stock market will crash at some point, as will the whole economy and the world's economy. I am not a doomsayer and I don't think anything major will happen for many years, but ya never know.

Anyway, how do I justify putting in the time and effort versus just enjoying my life?

Oh, and something I have not shared before, heart disease runs in my family. My father died at 52 of a heart attack, my brother died at 52 from a heart attack. Both had clean bills of health for their hearts, it just happened. I am now 54, the clock is ticking. Sure, the doctors tell me all is well, same as they told my father and brother.

I don't have to stress over money now, I don't plan on putting myself in a situation where I do stress. Sun, exercise, good food, lots of spending my time doing whatever I want, mix in some willing women and... That is the life for me.

If I do drop dead tomorrow, I will be satisfied with the life I have had, especially these last 4 years, awesome!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (09-07-2019),Northern Rivers (09-07-2019)

Thanks
    Get a treadmill test with before and after cardio ultrasounding.......

I'm not an island unto myself. I have three sons that I am making CERTAIN that they have a leg up on the world...and...they have. My whole raison d'etre for Day Trading was arrived at by simply looking at money "just sitting there" earning diddly squat. I've made over 35% on my investment...since April. Why should I be sorry? Retired at fifty? I retired at about 34. But, "what" is retired, really? To me...it's continuing to do what you want...making money along the way so...you can keep doing what you want.

An avaricious woman in my life caused me way more concern...and effects...than any market trauma could possibly cause me. Reamed...steamed...and, dry cleaned.

If I lose it all...I'll write it off, open a nice red...twist one, up...play my guitar... ...and look good doin' it!

Thread Information