User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homosexuals invading home schools

3.14159 Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks

Homosexuals invading home schools

Many parents are opting to homeschool their children because the public schools are not only substandard but are shamelessly pushing a left-wing ideology into our children. Home schooling should allow a parent some level of control over what their children are taught. The homosexual syndicate knows that the only way to brainwash these kids is to infect their materials with their degeneracy.

Khan Academy has been a leading provider of homeschool learning material for several years. It is now a subversive tool of the left to bring the homosexual agenda into the home, leaving no avenue of escape for the politically incorrect.

Look at this question from a Khan workbook:

"Choose the correct plural noun to use in this sentence: 'Brittany and Sofia went to lunch with their _____ every Saturday,'"

A fair assumption would be that the correct answer would be something like, girlfriends (platonic), mothers, or husbands.

WRONG!

The Khan drill instructs students – providing “wifes” or “wives” as the only two possible answers in a lesson teaching students basic English principles, titled “Irregular Plural Nouns: from ‘f’ to ‘ves.’”

https://onenewsnow.com/education/201...a-into-lessons
    Last edited by Piru; 09-03-2019 at 04:33 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Piru For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (09-03-2019),HawkTheSlayer (09-03-2019),Old Ridge Runner (09-04-2019),Rutabaga (09-03-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Subversives are very good at being sneaky!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (09-04-2019),Rutabaga (09-03-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Near enough to a city to visit, far enough to be left alone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piru View Post
    Many parents are opting to homeschool their children because the public schools are not only substandard but are shamelessly pushing a left-wing ideology into our children. Home schooling should allow a parent some level of control over what their children are taught. The homosexual syndicate knows that the only way to brainwash these kids is to infect their materials with their degeneracy.

Khan Academy has been a leading provider of homeschool learning material for several years. It is now a subversive tool of the left to bring the homosexual agenda into the home, leaving no avenue of escape for the politically incorrect.

"Choose the correct plural noun to use in this sentence: 'Brittany and Sofia went to lunch with their _____ every Saturday,'"

A fair assumption would be that the correct answer would be something like, girlfriends (platonic), mothers, or husbands.

WRONG!

The Khan drill instructs students – providing “wifes” or “wives” as the only two possible answers in a lesson teaching students basic English principles, titled “Irregular Plural Nouns: from ‘f’ to ‘ves.’”

We have home schooled for years and have never used Khan Academy. In fact, I don't know any home school family that does use Khan.

There are plenty of good home school teaching material available which meets the sensitivities of the home school world.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wilson For This Useful Post:

Jen (09-03-2019),Old Ridge Runner (09-04-2019),Rutabaga (09-03-2019),Sheldonna (09-04-2019),Swedgin (09-04-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    "Hello all".......I would have said "good evening ladies and gents", but you all know what you are.......Moe Howard
    (what I'm sure was an inside joke to all the Hollyweird actors in the scene at the time, as Hollywood was Weinstein before Weinsten ever was)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (09-03-2019),markdido (09-03-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    People who choose to home school their children should fully vet the curriculum they use. I home schooled 3 of my 4 children, two of them from 8th grade through high school and one from 5th grade through high school. I used ABeka and Bob Jones curriculum. I tried Saxon math but didn't like it at all. My youngest graduated in 2007 (I think) but I doubt either of those would do politically correct changes to their curriculum to please homosexuals or those who like to have multiple wives.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (09-03-2019),Old Ridge Runner (09-04-2019),Swedgin (09-04-2019)

Alumni & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Khan Academy has been a leading provider of homeschool learning material for several years.
    Having homeschooled our kids "K-12", based on that experience I can say that I have never heard of them. There are lots of suppliers of curricular materials, and they may be one. Bob Jones University Press, Abeka, and Advanced Christian Education come to mind rather quickly.
    Last edited by Traddles; 09-03-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Traddles

SVPete

PeteS in CA

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (09-03-2019),Hillofbeans (09-03-2019),Jen (09-03-2019),Old Ridge Runner (09-04-2019)

Thanks
    A good way to peruse what's "out there" for homeschool curricular materials is to check out the list of exhibitors at a homeschooling convention. One of California's major conventions is past and the convention info no longer on the website. However I found this list of exhibitors for a convention in Arizona. It has an obvious Christian emphasis.

Here's a 2019 exhibitor's list from another California statewide organization. It's a group more oriented away from textbooks and more toward RYO educational activities (the homeschool geek term for it is "Unschooling"). The organization is secular in the traditional sense of not having any particular religious or anti-religious emphasis ("inclusive", and they actually mean it).

And for Catholics who are homeschooling and want a Catholic curriculum, there's Calvert Curriculum, which is basically the curriculum used by the Calvert School.
    Last edited by Traddles; 09-03-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    Traddles

SVPete

PeteS in CA

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    I tried the link and it went no where. "This Site Cannot Be Reached"

Khan Academy is an online service that claims to be non-profit, which makes me suspicious, but I found nothing that said it was involved in home schooling.

"Fueled by a $2.2 million grant, Khan Academy will develop online content and tools over the next two years to help teachers and students meet the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics.The popular producer of free online content already has a large volume of practice materials and videos that are "mapped" to the common-core math standards, a press release says, but with the grant from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, it will build new diagnostic tools to help better identify gaps in student learning. In addition, the grant will enable Khan Academy—best known for its math instructional videos—to more "deeply cover" the standards."https://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/Digi..._financia.html

I couldn't find much in the way of specifics on their funding.
    Last edited by patrickt; 09-03-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piru View Post

WRONG!

The nice thing about home schooling is you can pick the curriculum that you want to use. Or if you want to be a real teacher, you can even write your own lesson plans instead of buying a precanned option.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    The nice thing about home schooling is you can pick the curriculum that you want to use. Or if you want to be a real teacher, you can even write your own lesson plans instead of buying a precanned option.
    Precisely! Freedom and flexibility. When it came to Reading we simply turned our kids loose in the library to follow what interested the. An example of how that worked out is that when our (then) 12YO went to volleyball and basketball camp, one of the counselor's was surprised that the book our 12YO had brought along was The Idiot by Dostoevsky. Our kids were all over the map when it came to "grade level". One of our kids' interests was website design, and that developed into a core part of the (no longer) kid's career.

Parent-Teacher conferences are pretty easy, too.
    Traddles

SVPete

PeteS in CA

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Jen (09-04-2019)

Thread Information