User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Left Right media bias

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    This is great, it points out that maybe, just maybe a few outlets still actually report the news. Like maybe Real Clear Politics. For most it;'s just part of the entertainment business that keeps us occupied while the collective efforts of both "sides" steal us blind and erode our rights.
    Most telling for me is that C_SPAN. The actually stuff they are really doing while working, is perhaps the most obnoxious of all. Spend a minute addressing an issue and 5 blaming somebody else for it.
    Is it possible that congressional reality sucks worse than either slanted version? I can't watch C_SPAN for over a few minutes without feeling my BP go up

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    G-d a Talk Radio / Streaming steaming /Podcast version of that chart would be interesting
    Last edited by Gator Monroe; 11-24-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    Is this chart an attempt to make media Bias look even?

Because I am not buying that!
    Depends on ones level of awareness about the media I guess. Most people on this forum would understand what the chart says...and what the chart doesn't say.

The chart doesn't specifically point out the obvious. 3 Television networks on the left. One big cable network on the right. Obvious stuff...which is rather important.

It's a chart, that can't go into details about the two different camps of media reporting. The left side of the chart is loaded with fake news outlets...that do nothing but pump out lies or lies of omission, etc. The right side is reactionary, because they are generally on defense...because they generally are telling the truth. Exceptions occur of course.

Further to that, it cannot list - because it is just a chart - that Social Media Empires actively censor, shadowban and marginalize the right side of the chart. Daily.

Attkinsson is completely aware of all of this, as we all are, and has spotlighted it for years.

I would call it a general chart of the "teams".
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Yes, and the four traditional news outlets; CBS, NBC, ABC & PBS are blatantly pro far left, huge communistic government biased.
    Last edited by offrocker; 12-29-2019 at 04:34 AM.

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanLeFou For This Useful Post:

riderboy (12-29-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    It's a bit apples and oranges. Pretty tough to balance the NY Times with The Federalist in terms of subscribers. But, the point is that there are alternative media outlets and the stranglehold the establishment presents had on our flow of information is gone. As is any trust or credibility they had.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    Depends on ones level of awareness about the media I guess. Most people on this forum would understand what the chart says...and what the chart doesn't say.

The chart doesn't specifically point out the obvious. 3 Television networks on the left. One big cable network on the right. Obvious stuff...which is rather important.

It's a chart, that can't go into details about the two different camps of media reporting. The left side of the chart is loaded with fake news outlets...that do nothing but pump out lies or lies of omission, etc. The right side is reactionary, because they are generally on defense...because they generally are telling the truth. Exceptions occur of course.

Further to that, it cannot list - because it is just a chart - that Social Media Empires actively censor, shadowban and marginalize the right side of the chart. Daily.

Attkinsson is completely aware of all of this, as we all are, and has spotlighted it for years.

I would call it a general chart of the "teams".
    Your personal, opinionated bias speaks volumes. If media bias favored one side or the other why would we have a Republican led Senate and a Republican President ..prior to a Democratic President. IMHO what stands in today's media slash population are the extremes ..some of which can be found on this forum. I would argue a black or white view of the world is corrosive if not out and out destructive.

When it comes to getting news about politics and government, liberals and conservatives inhabit different worlds. There is little overlap in the news sources they turn to and trust. And whether discussing politics online or with friends, they are more likely than others to interact with like-minded individuals, according to a new Pew Research Center study.
    Political Polarization | Pew Research Center
    Political Polarization Media Habits | Pew Research Center
    Political Polarization in the American Public | Pew Research Center

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gboisjo For This Useful Post:

anna (01-18-2020)

look at the stars Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gboisjo View Post
    Your personal, opinionated bias speaks volumes. If media bias favored one side or the other why would we have a Republican led Senate and a Republican President ..prior to a Democratic President. IMHO what stands in today's media slash population are the extremes ..some of which can be found on this forum. I would argue a black or white view of the world is corrosive if not out and out destructive.
    I would agree with you.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    Thank you. Sometimes publications with "times" at the end get me confused on whether they are Left or Right. If you look at this you can see why. I'll refer to it often I think. Keep it sticky.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    Drudge isn't on the right anymore

other than that it looks accurate
    I was wondering about that placement.

Thread Information