User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Houston police officer charged with murder after deadly drug raid

Men are Made Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    So much of popo training and attitude is all about us vs them. We're seeing where that goes.
    That is NOT TRUE. None of the training is like that, and that mentality only affects some cops. Most officer frustration lies with poor management, poor equipment, and a poor relationship with the DAs office...not with criminals. Most officers beg to deal with actual crimes rather than the other random BS that makes up most of our time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    jun26,2013
    police history: the story of john coffee hays
    TEXAS RANGER
    ~LT. Dan Marcou ~
    Dan Marcou was at my police academy graduation, spent a day with my class, and gave a great speech to my class. Do you think Lt. Marcou's speech contained anything about "us vs. them"???
    The truth scares the weak.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (08-27-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    That is NOT TRUE. None of the training is like that, and that mentality only affects some cops. Most officer frustration lies with poor management, poor equipment, and a poor relationship with the DAs office...not with criminals. Most officers beg to deal with actual crimes rather than the other random BS that makes up most of our time.

Dan Marcou was at my police academy graduation, spent a day with my class, and gave a great speech to my class. Do you think Lt. Marcou's speech contained anything about "us vs. them"???
    no. i would be shocked if it did. i pride myself at being able to distinguish between truth and " fact ".
    sic semper tyrannis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    no. i would be shocked if it did. i pride myself at being able to distinguish between truth and " fact ".
    Thats right.

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks

That varies with time and department. North Las Vegas was hiring a lot of former military. Brutality got so bad and so prevalent that the whole force was restructured.

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Near enough to a city to visit, far enough to be left alone
    Thanks

Thats hard to believe. Why then are so many cases of a cop shooting an innocent person, the PD and union and state attorneys immediately rally around and defend the shooter and smear the victim, and in the end the shooter cop gets away with it?

For example,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Aiyana_Jones (7 year old girl shot in the head while sleeping, blamed the grandmother for killing the child, liar cops finally exposed)
    https://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2015/05/pity-poor-stormtroopers-baby-bou-bou.html (baby burned by stun grenade, cops actually claimed it was the families fault)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...n_Crawford_III (man in walmart "swatted", cops kill him)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Guerena_shooting (cops raid house, shot the innocent homeowner, denied him treatment until he bled out, lied like crazy to cover it up)
    https://reason.com/2014/07/17/cop-shoots-17-year-old-boy-who-answers-d/ (cop shoots boy holding Wii controller)

And then there is the Albuquerque Police Department, one so bad the residents say APD stands for "another person dead".

And more. Cops kill a completely innocent person and get away with it, in all cases the PD and state attorneys rally round and defend the cop, cops go free.

Its only been in the past year or so that cops are being held accountable.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilson For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (08-28-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Cops lose a lot of respect because of the war on people who do drugs when they are corrupt, do the same things as everybody else.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Thats hard to believe. Why then are so many cases of a cop shooting an innocent person, the PD and union and state attorneys immediately rally around and defend the shooter and smear the victim, and in the end the shooter cop gets away with it?
    Because cops are afforded the same right to being innocent until proven guilty as anyone else. Police officers unfortunately get tried in the court of public opinion and, I will assume you do this, go straight to GUILTY before the facts come out.

The reality is that because of the nature of the job (running towards danger, dealing with dangerous and unpredictable circumstances, dealing with people who have violent tendencies, dealing with people who want to hurt and kill you) very few of these instances are murder, and the cop "gets away with it" because that is how the laws are written thankfully. The cops are "rallied around" by the groups you mentioned because they understand that better than the average person, the law is their job.

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Near enough to a city to visit, far enough to be left alone
    Thanks
    Because cops are afforded the same right to being innocent until proven guilty as anyone else. Police officers unfortunately get tried in the court of public opinion and, I will assume you do this, go straight to GUILTY before the facts come out.

The reality is that because of the nature of the job (running towards danger, dealing with dangerous and unpredictable circumstances, dealing with people who have violent tendencies, dealing with people who want to hurt and kill you) very few of these instances are murder, and the cop "gets away with it" because that is how the laws are written thankfully. The cops are "rallied around" by the groups you mentioned because they understand that better than the average person, the law is their job.
    @Iron. No, these are cases of homicide. I will elaborate.

Aiyana Jones, 7 years old, sleeping on the sofa in the front room of her house. Cops burst in, a late night no knock raid. Officer Joseph Weekley shoots Aiyana in the head, killing her. Weekely claims the grandmother grabbed his rifle and caused the rifle to discharge killing Aiyana. The grandmother was arrested and held overnight, then released.

This goes on for months, until Allison Howard provides video of the incident to a "third party" (the family's lawyer). The raid was being filmed by the tv show "48 Hours", Howard was the producer. The film showed clearly the grandmother did not go near Weekley and did not touch the rifle.

Weekley was then charged with reckless endangerment with a gun. That trial resulted in a deadlocked jury. Weekley was then tried again, involuntary manslaughter added, the judge eventually dismissed teh manslaughter charge, the tril ended in deadlock. The County Attorney then dismissed all charges.

And Allison Howard, the lady who exposed the truth, was charged and convicted of obstruction and perjury, $2000 fine and 2 years probation.

So lets review: a cop shoots and kills a totally innocent 7 year old girl, then lies and blames the girls grandmother (can you believe that? killing a little girl and then blaming the grieving grandmother?) until an honest person (Howard) exposes the truth, goes to trial twice with deadlocked juries, then all charges dismissed.

Killer cop goes free. Honest person - Howard - convicted.

By the way, the raid was to the wrong house.

<>

All the examples I provided are similar. Look them up.

Cops murder people and go free.

Think of it like this - if a regular person did what killer cop Weekely (or any of the cops in my example cases) did, what would happen to you?
    Last edited by Wilson; 08-30-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    @Iron. No, these are cases of homicide. I will elaborate.

Aiyana Jones, 7 years old, sleeping on the sofa in the front room of her house. Cops burst in, a late night no knock raid. Officer Joseph Weekley shoots Aiyana in the head, killing her. Weekely claims the grandmother grabbed his rifle and caused the rifle to discharge killing Aiyana. The grandmother was arrested and held overnight, then released.

This goes on for months, until Allison Howard provides video of the incident to a "third party" (the family's lawyer). The raid was being filmed by the tv show "48 Hours", Howard was the producer. The film showed clearly the grandmother did not go near Weekley and did not touch the rifle.

Weekley was then charged with reckless endangerment with a gun. That trial resulted in a deadlocked jury. Weekley was then tried again, involuntary manslaughter added, the judge eventually dismissed teh manslaughter charge, the tril ended in deadlock. The County Attorney then dismissed all charges.

And Allison Howard, the lady who exposed the truth, was charged and convicted of obstruction and perjury, $2000 fine and 2 years probation.

So lets review: a cop shoots and kills a totally innocent 7 year old girl, then lies and blames the girls grandmother (can you believe that? killing a little girl and then blaming the grieving grandmother?) until an honest person (Howard) exposes the truth, goes to trial twice with deadlocked juries, then all charges dismissed.

Killer cop goes free. Honest person - Howard - convicted.

By the way, the raid was to the wrong house.

<>

All the examples I provided are similar. Look them up.

Cops murder people and go free.

Think of it like this - if a regular person did what killer cop Weekely (or any of the cops in my example cases) did, what would happen to you?
    I read the wikipedia article on this case and Im not really seeing the issue with the outcome. The juries knew more about this than we do and they didnt convict the guy.

Of course you fail to mention the no-knock raid (big red flag already, those are only done for BIG deal circumstances) was due to the police looking for a murderer who just shot a high school kid. This was a Detroit SWAT team member who the department felt comfortable enough putting in front of a national audience to represent them. This guy was not some joker.

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    i found that most amusing. cite an example of where the " witnesses either saw nothing ( monkeyshine gunplay ) or da cop done it.
    yes. ive read about blatant no knock instances where it was murder, but only because it was a noknock raid.
    get rid of the " noknock " part, and the murder rate goes way down. ( cut sewer pipe and collect everything that goes down it ) . tell everyone in said area to evacuate or face being teargassed.
    drug den appts in highrises are usualy unlocked. no need to kick the door in. just turn the knob.
    if deadbolted, use your magnet. if locals wish to interfere with the warrant, taze and arrest them too.
    sic semper tyrannis

Thread Information