User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homeless crisis soon coming to Texas

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I've known a lot more bums than you and a lot more drunks. I was a drunk until I was forced to sober up and once sober decided not to get drunk again. A friend of mine was on SSI and he worked eight-hours a day in a friends garden. I told him it was none of my business but I was curious as to his disability since he was drawing SSI. He laughed and said, "I don't like working." I was taking a man to jail for a crime involving being drunk and said, "Charlie, you're young, still healthy, and you are a college graduate. Why don't you quit drinking, get a job, and see how you like a regular life." "Man, I quit drinking I lose everything. My SSI check, my Medicaid card, my housing subsidy, everything."

But, you are right up to a point. I helped a 22-year old woman with a problem with drugs and a two-year old daughter get a job. A friend at work, a woman, bought her some clothes appropriate for the job. Ten days later she called and explained she couldn't keep the job because welfare said if she was going to work she had to move out of her welfare trailer, her Medicaid card was cancelled, and no more help with the babies medical. Once the government gets control of you it's harder to leave than is an abusive husband. But, on the bright side. She died from a drug overdose at 26 and welfare still has the baby.

And, check this out:
    https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/d...te-in-illinois
    "Leftist thugs in suburban Chicago have been caught paying people to vote for Democrats.The Kankakee County Attorney’s office is investigating at least three cases of voter fraud where people were offered bribes for voting."

The welfare system is a product of government fixing something. For a HUGE amount of people that you never hear about, it works. It helps. And it solves major problems for them. But, like I said, you never hear about them. Everyone seems to focus on those who are abusing the system. Like your friend.
    If everyone was like your friend, there would be no welfare system. Then you'd hear about and see for yourself why the welfare system is extremely necessary for those who are legitimately disabled.

Any time you invoke money into anything, there's going to be cheaters and liars. But you can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Are your trying to get a job with CNN? You're sounding like a liberal here.
    Wait a minute. I'm a liberal and I'm not even close to that level of knuckle dragging.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Homeless? Invaders?

Is there a difference?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Taxcutter For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (08-31-2019)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpLeft View Post
    Let me see if I get this straight. If you're homeless, then you're automatically a liberal?
    Yes.

A conservative in a place where he can't afford rent, MOVES.

A conservative with no place to stay or go, goes to the Salvation Army or other charity outfit. And gets with the program. And finds a way back, or a way out.

No one has an Unalienable Right to live in LA, SF, or Austin. If you can't make it there...move on.

Thread Information