User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NBC News: “Heterosexuality Is Just Not Working’

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Women are not opting out of heterosexuality.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Katzndogz For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-26-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Has anyone ever considered the idea that MANY men actually WANT a "strong" woman?

No, not talking about a weightlifter, but a STRONG, INDEPENDENT woman.

The reason I ask, is because several of my friends married exactly that kind of woman. The love of my life was that kind of woman.

Now, that CAN potentially cause problems, but, it is just another facet in the many facets of "relationship." (Indeed some man with a Patriarch Syndrome is likely MORE damaging to a relationship).

It all comes down to the two people involved.

Now the "patriarchal" domination of many (not all men) in the workplace is a real problem. But, again, as women hold greater positions of power, many of them DO THE EXACT SAME THING...

When we get right down to it, ALL of humanities issues are PEOPLE problems.

Not "male" problems.
    Not "female" problems.

Not "black, white, yellow, gay, straight, conservative or liberal" problems.

PEOPLE problems.
    Last edited by Swedgin; 08-26-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

IvanLeFou (08-26-2019),Knightkore (08-26-2019),NORAD (08-26-2019),notofimport36 (08-26-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    I just love it how some random American self-proclaimed journalist writes an essay on something and establishes it as an empirical truth accepted by the whole world.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IvanLeFou For This Useful Post:

NORAD (08-26-2019),notofimport36 (08-26-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    IF....she were not the daughter of a one-hit wonder who made millions....she would be some tramp, hanging out in a seedy bar, looking for a good fuck.

(Although, she would probably have to wear clothes. At least for a bit....)
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-26-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks

THIS is Julianne Hough.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." — Fred Sanford

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    Women are not opting out of heterosexuality.
    But hetero Men are being made out as bigots if they don't let a tranny inspect their packages and fluff it up if they desire .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gator Monroe For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-26-2019)

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    If heterosexuality is all about men dominating women, Ms. Bianco should be thankful it exists because without it she wouldn't have been born.
    Last edited by Fall River; 08-26-2019 at 09:54 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fall River For This Useful Post:

darroll (08-26-2019),Knightkore (08-26-2019)

Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    If heterosexuality is all about men dominating women, Ms. Bianco should be thankful it exists because without it she wouldn't have been born.
    And now because of it we have to deal with her.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanLeFou For This Useful Post:

Fall River (08-26-2019)

50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    NBC News Report: “Heterosexuality Is Just Not Working’

Women are increasingly opting out of heterosexuality because it is “the bedrock of their global oppression,” NBC News asserted in a bizarre opinion piece this week.

“Men need heterosexuality to maintain their societal dominance over women,” writes Marcie Bianco for the NBC News website. “Women, on the other hand, are increasingly realizing not only that they don’t need heterosexuality, but that it also is often the bedrock of their global oppression.”
    Ms. Bianco lumps together a series of recent news stories, “from Jeffrey Epstein to the Dayton and El Paso mass shooters, to Miley Cyrus’s separation and Julianne Hough’s declaration that she’s ‘not straight,’” which, she says, “together have laid bare the strictures of an American patriarchy on the edge of a nervous breakdown.”
    “As the status quo, heterosexuality is just not working,” she concludes, before explaining just how evil men are and how women are learning to live without them.
    “As a snapshot of 2019 America, these stories present a startling picture: Men continue to coerce, harass, rape and kill girls and women — and go to extreme lengths to avoid responsibility for their actions,” she states. “On the other side of the issue, girls and women are challenging heterosexuality, and even absconding from it altogether.”
    “Patriarchy is at its most potent when oppression doesn’t feel like oppression, or when it is packaged in terms of biology, religion, or basic social needs like security comfort, acceptance and success,” Ms. Bianco declares.
    “Heterosexuality offers women all these things as selling points to their consensual subjection,” she concludes, in a painful piece of contorted logic that reveals far more about the writer than it does about society and its institutions.
    “Historically, women have been conditioned to believe that heterosexuality is natural or innate, just as they have been conditioned to believe that their main purpose is to make babies — and if they fail to do so, they are condemned as not ‘real,’ or as bad, women,” she pronounces.
    A series of new role models are emerging, she suggests, whose lives and choices — as dysfunctional as they may appear to the general public — are teaching women how to take back power from men.
    “Celebrities are not always at the vanguard of feminist thought, but both Julianne Hough and Miley Cyrus have recently spoken out about sexuality in ways that puts the power — and responsibility — back into their own hands,” she declares.

Men, on the other hand, particularly heterosexual men, are a blight on the earth and a source of unending woes, one infers.
    “Where men seem to never to have to take responsibility for their actions, women always must take responsibility for not only their own actions but the actions of men,” she states. “Absconding from responsibility is the quintessential strategy of the patriarchy; it’s how men stay in control and never lose their power.”
    “While men stew in their mess, women are rising,” she continues. “They are taking back control of their lives and their bodies and they are questioning the foundation of the patriarchy — heterosexuality — that has kept them blindly subordinate for centuries.”
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanLeFou View Post
    I just love it how some random American self-proclaimed journalist writes an essay on something and establishes it as an empirical truth accepted by the whole world.
    The crazy part is that there are plenty of women that respond positively to dominant men.

Anecdote; when I was younger was walking to a house party with a couple friends. See a girl walking the opposite way on the other side of the street.

One buddy calls over: "Yo, bitch"
    Her: Who me?
    Him: Ya, you. Come here.
    After talking for about 2 minutes she joins us to the party. And a short time after that I see that guy and the girl walking out of the bathroom together.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to notofimport36 For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-26-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Heterosexuality has always worked fine for me.
    I think young women who are getting all bent out of shape over what they perceive as "oppressive" males.........are batting at windmills.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-26-2019),notofimport36 (08-26-2019)

Thread Information