User Tag List

Thread: Pig to human heart transplants 'possible within three years'

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks

Pig to human heart transplants 'possible within three years'

Not swine organs but human organs grown in swine. And this would be just the start of many other efforts to grow human organs for transplant.
    If the result of xenotransplantation is satisfactory with porcine kidneys to humans, then it is likely that hearts would be used with good effects in humans within a few years,” the 87-year-old said. “If it works with a kidney, it will work with a heart. That will transform the issue.”
    The anatomy and physiology of a pig’s heart is similar to that of a human’s, so they are used as models for developing new treatments. Hopes for a successful heart attack treatment were raised in May after a genetic therapy showed promise in pigs.
    An international team of researchers, including UK scientists, found that delivering a small piece of genetic material called microRNA-199 into a heart damaged by an attack caused cells to regenerate.
    Much more @ https://www.theguardian.com/science/...erence-english
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    People have no right to use animals for medical experimentation.....I don't care how beautifully they package it.
    ...you can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me.......GUNS 'N ROSES

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    My dearest friend had a pig valve put in her heart when she was 75 and lived to be 84. Shortly before she died, she said if she had it to do over she would have skipped the pig valve. The doctors led her to believe she'd be healthy and active.

My friend had no family in the U.S. so I went and stayed with her for the surgery and the recovery for a total of three months. It was hard for both of us.

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks

Promising that Pig Hearts will be used for Human Transplants

http://conservativewoman.com/2019/08...n-transplants/

No, I said pig hearts, not a heart from a sloppy overweight human pig.
    'Any man under thirty who is not a liberal has no heart, and
    any man over thirty who is not a conservative has no brains.'

'Radicalism is a privilege of youth, conservatism a responsibility of age,
    and every thinking person eventually surrenders the first for the second.'

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    Pig to human heart transplants
    Yes, I understand it will be a human heart grown in swine, and eventually other organs may follow.

This could be another nail in the coffin of healthcare-affordability. Who's going to pay for all of this, the tooth fairy?

There are always exceptions but, for the most part, most people don't take proper care of the organs they were born with. Many of them even brag about their careless, unhealthy diet and lifestyle in general. Then, sometime in the future, they will squeal like a pig and claim to have a right to receive a new organ.

I would give this advice: Take good care of the organs you were born with because such operations will never give you the same good health that you were born with. And those who couldn't take good care of the first organ they were born with are not likely to do any better with a new transplant. I have seen this happen with by-pass surgery, they get the surgery and soon continue their poor eating habits to muck things up all over again. And, like fools, the rest of us pay for it.

If you have any doubts about the problems with operations, read the following book: "Doctors Are More Harmful Than Germs: How Surgery Can Be Hazardous to Your Health - And What to Do About It" By Harvey Bigelsen, MD .......Copyright 2011
    Last edited by Fall River; 08-24-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Thread Information