User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can we make chess more diverse?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial31 days registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Label one end of the board Left, and the other Deplorable.

The players on the Left will be Green (stupid) and Red/Yellow-star (evil communists). All the stupids will be pawns, but if 1 moves, any adjacent stupid may move with them according to the number of their remaining Red/Yellow kings. They cannot remove other players, just surround and irritate them unless 3 or more attack on one turn. The Red/Yellow shall all be kings, move like chess kings, but may be called queens or anything else they self identify as.

The Deplorables shall be Red (Knights), White Pastors and Evangelists (Bishops), and Blue honest working people and entrepreneurs... (Rooks), and Elephants which will be a faint Red kings.
    Knights will move like chess Knights and have the same rules of removing other players, including their own side.
    Bishops will not be able to take other players, but after 3 successive actions to take others will be able to convert them to Blue.
    Elephants will move like chess Kings but mostly get in the way. There is no significant meaning to removing them from the game so long as they can return again for the next game unharmed.

The ratio of pieces will be 2:1 biased to the Left.

The goals of the game for the Left to hem in the Conservatives where they cannot move and declare (im)moral victory, wipe them out which is unlikely, or to keep the board in eternal chaos.

The goals of the game for the Right are to convert as many of the Left as possible, remove as many of their Kings from the game to break up Pawn swarm actions, or to simply Isolate them until further movement is impossible or total conversion is achieved.

What the hell am I doing, I should patent this...
    Last edited by Physics Hunter; 08-23-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

markdido (08-28-2019),Piru (08-23-2019)

50000 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    Label one end of the board Left, and the other Deplorable.

The players on the Left will be Green (stupid) and Red/Yellow-star (evil communists). All the stupids will be pawns, but if 1 moves, any adjacent stupid may move with them according to the number of their remaining Red/Yellow kings. They cannot remove other players, just surround and irritate them unless 3 or more attack on one turn. The Red/Yellow shall all be kings, move like chess kings, but may be called queens or anything else they self identify as.

The Deplorables shall be Red (Knights), White Pastors and Evangelists (Bishops), and Blue honest working people and entrepreneurs... (Rooks), and Elephants which will be a faint Red kings.
    Knights will move like chess Knights and have the same rules of removing other players, including their own side.
    Bishops will not be able to take other players, but after 3 successive actions to take others will be able to convert them to Blue.
    Elephants will move like chess Kings but mostly get in the way. There is no significant meaning to removing them from the game so long as they can return again for the next game unharmed.

The ratio of pieces will be 2:1 biased to the Left.

The goals of the game for the Left to hem in the Conservatives where they cannot move and declare (im)moral victory, wipe them out which is unlikely, or to keep the board in eternal chaos.

The goals of the game for the Right are to convert as many of the Left as possible, remove as many of their Kings from the game to break up Pawn swarm actions, or to simply Isolate them until further movement is impossible or total conversion is achieved.

What the hell am I doing, I should patent this...
    I want to play this game, record it, and put it on YouTube. It won't last long there. Too close to the truth.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Piru For This Useful Post:

Physics Hunter (08-24-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkline View Post
    On a recent edition of "Bar Rescue," they showed a black owned and operated bar, filled with black customers and not a white in sight. The narrator called it 'diverse.'
    I would call it an "after hours bar" or a "bottle club".

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    On a recent edition of "Bar Rescue," they showed a black owned and operated bar, filled with black customers and not a white in sight. The narrator called it 'diverse.'
    Did they play chess?
    If you don't protect what belongs to you, sooner or later it belongs to someone else. -Negan

The Obama administration was nothing more than highly organized crime. -Common

The Left is really that dumb. I have been thanking our Extremist friends on the Left all year in advance for Trump's landslide 2020 victory. They are the ones who have worked the hardest for ensure Trump's next victory. -John T. Ford

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Piru (08-28-2019)

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    I heard your frantic blogs sucked. Not that I read any, or that anyone can. Poof...gone.
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Thanks
    No one read them. I wished them into the cornfield.
    If you don't protect what belongs to you, sooner or later it belongs to someone else. -Negan

The Left is really that dumb. I have been thanking our Extremist friends on the Left all year in advance for Trump's landslide 2020 victory. They are the ones who have worked the hardest for ensure Trump's next victory. -John T. Ford

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    #1. Pink Pawns, that, of course, can move in every direction.
    #2. Social Justice Knights that can move to any open square on the board.
    #3. Get rid of Bishops and replace them with Imams that move like Bishops, but, once per game, they can "Explode," destroying themselves and ALL other pieces on adjacent squares.
    #4. Change Rooks to Public Housing. If killed, the opposing player must sacrifice one of HIS pieces, so that his enemy can replace the Public Housing he just lost.
    #5. Kings and Queens will be interchangeable, of course. They can move in all directions, but the KING can not actually remove any other piece on the board. Only move and avoid.....

And, of course, the board needs to be in all rainbow colors!
    you've been spending a lot of time on this concept. OR..you're a genius.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

50000 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    I ran across a quote that sounds like it could have come from Joe Biden - "Bowling is just like chess, without the dice."

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks

Thread Information