User Tag List

Thread: "Setting off a national conversation"

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks

"Setting off a national conversation"

What is it? What's everyone talking about around the water cooler?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...say/ar-AAGbgef

A 20-year-old Philadelphia man who recently defended his relationship with his transgender girlfriend in a video that went viral died Monday — friends say by suicide — setting off a national conversation about how people are treated for whom they love.

It's news to me, never heard of it. Can it truly BE a "national conversation" if no one's heard about it?

IS it even a "conversation" at all, when there is no dialougue, there is no debate, there is just a list of demands by an agrreived group and nods of the head by people being told, TOLD, how they need to live from here on out so no more hurt feewings get in the way of people going about thier days?

"National conversation". As if. All that is is a new code phrase for "here's a new list of demands for you to submit to".

"We need to have a national conversation about ____________"

DECODED: "You need to change the way you're living and acting because a new victim group just made another demand"

Have you ever seen someone utter that phrase? They always have the smug smirk as they say "we REALLY need to have a national conversation about __________" as they nod thier head indicating they KNOW they're right, even before we've had our "conversation".

It's really starting to piss me off over and above everything else they are currently infecting America with.

Last edited by Frankenvoter; 08-23-2019 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typos
    "Hello all".......I would have said "good evening ladies and gents", but you all know what you are.......Moe Howard
    (what I'm sure was an inside joke to all the Hollyweird actors in the scene at the time, as Hollywood was Weinstein before Weinsten ever was)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-23-2019),Conservative Libertarian (08-23-2019),nonsqtr (08-23-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    Yeah. This is kind of like paying someone to give you artificial likes on Facebook. Like you're trying to create excitement about something that isn't real, and if you have thousands of likes you can say see, Everyone likes it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (08-23-2019),Frankenvoter (08-23-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Yeah. This is kind of like paying someone to give you artificial likes on Facebook. Like you're trying to create excitement about something that isn't real, and if you have thousands of likes you can say see, Everyone likes it.
    The problem is as soon as a presstitute can claim there is a narrative surrounding subject a, b, or c, thats when demands become actionable rules that antifa and whoever else can mob people for not adhering to.

"How dare you be so transphobic!! Don't you know people are killing themselves over it?!? You must be made to espouse "tolerant" views, as we hashtag and presstitute your life into a living hell daily until you submit to the demands we are having a "conversation" about".
    "Hello all".......I would have said "good evening ladies and gents", but you all know what you are.......Moe Howard
    (what I'm sure was an inside joke to all the Hollyweird actors in the scene at the time, as Hollywood was Weinstein before Weinsten ever was)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-23-2019)

Thread Information