Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gender Identity Unicorn for Kids

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks

The Gender Identity Unicorn for Kids

Parents livid after middle school teacher hands out gender-identity graphic

Although the superintendent said "only a handful of parents have called to express their concern," one grandmother, Tammy Stout, told KTXL she was angry about the worksheet and knew of others who shared her sentiments.

"I talked to a lot of parents and a lot of grandparents, and I know a lot of them have called the school and complained about it," Stout told the station.

In a comment thread on the Modesto Bee's Facebook page, more parents and users sounded off about the Gender Unicorn graphic.

"As a parent, protecting our child from anything is our job!" one woman wrote. "[If[ My child received this in school I would sue the County School District!"

"I am so glad to be an Oakland teacher, surrounded by socially progressive and inclusive administration..." another fired back. "The reactions to this by parents and the principal are really upsetting."

One man, who identified himself as an educator of 23 years, said he believes Alvarado "went over the boundaries of the duties of a teacher."

"Presenting this information when it is not part of the curriculum and without talking to parents first is unethical," James Wentz, whose Facebook profile identifies him as an employee at Green Valley Ranch Middle School in Denver, Colo., wrote. "Teachers cannot just present any information they want to versus what they need to. Hope the school district is ready for lawsuits."

It remains unclear if Alvarado was reprimanded over the incident, although superintendent Metzger told the Bee that she and the principal "have spoken with the teacher about why we believe this was a poor decision."

"Any discipline is a private matter between the district and employee," she added.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/paren...204927365.html

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Karl (08-20-2019),Knightkore (08-20-2019),Kris P Bacon (08-20-2019),Swedgin (08-22-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    A bullet through this unicorns head is NOT out of the question, or perhaps some native american savage gutting it with guts & blood dripping out.....yes.....yes FAR more appropriate.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford

SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post

Although the superintendent said "only a handful of parents have called to express their concern," one grandmother, Tammy Stout, told KTXL she was angry about the worksheet and knew of others who shared her sentiments.

"I talked to a lot of parents and a lot of grandparents, and I know a lot of them have called the school and complained about it," Stout told the station.

In a comment thread on the Modesto Bee's Facebook page, more parents and users sounded off about the Gender Unicorn graphic.

"As a parent, protecting our child from anything is our job!" one woman wrote. "[If[ My child received this in school I would sue the County School District!"

"I am so glad to be an Oakland teacher, surrounded by socially progressive and inclusive administration..." another fired back. "The reactions to this by parents and the principal are really upsetting."

One man, who identified himself as an educator of 23 years, said he believes Alvarado "went over the boundaries of the duties of a teacher."

"Presenting this information when it is not part of the curriculum and without talking to parents first is unethical," James Wentz, whose Facebook profile identifies him as an employee at Green Valley Ranch Middle School in Denver, Colo., wrote. "Teachers cannot just present any information they want to versus what they need to. Hope the school district is ready for lawsuits."

It remains unclear if Alvarado was reprimanded over the incident, although superintendent Metzger told the Bee that she and the principal "have spoken with the teacher about why we believe this was a poor decision."

"Any discipline is a private matter between the district and employee," she added.

Ill take it back 2 Black & White Days.

Now Wally ya cant "go" someday son youll UNDERSTAND

Then Ward hadda call old Mr Rutherford and explain why Lumpy couldndt go either..

Wally told Lumpy "gosh" Ill understand "someday"..

Lumpy asked his pops too though ya want BELT in the Mouth

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-21-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Somebody ought to cut his horn off and give him a sex change.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-21-2019)

SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post

Now @HawkTheSlayer thats there is thy "PROBLEM"..

Back in the day ya got a "Belt" across the chops..

These days thats called "Child-Abuse"..

Now all the FREAKS flaunt without "Impunity"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-21-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Curious they choose a non-existent fantasy creature as a symbol of gender confusion!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (08-20-2019),Knightkore (08-21-2019),Kris P Bacon (08-20-2019),TrumpLeft (09-03-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Now @HawkTheSlayer thats there is thy "PROBLEM"..

Back in the day ya got a "Belt" across the chops..

These days thats called "Child-Abuse"..

Now all the FREAKS flaunt without "Impunity"
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-21-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    Seems like a clash of cultures.

I can assure you that in other parts of California that gender identity unicorn would be seen as perfectly normal.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-21-2019)

Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kazenatsu View Post
    Seems like a clash of cultures.

I can assure you that in other parts of California that gender identity unicorn would be seen as perfectly normal.
    Which tells you how far California has gone into cuckoo land.

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post

Did you check the website in the bottom left corner of the chart?

Trans Student Educational Resources Transforming Education

Trans Student Educational Resources is a youth-led organization dedicated to transforming the educational environment for trans and gender nonconforming students through advocacy and empowerment. In addition to our focus on creating a more trans-friendly education system, our mission is to educate the public and teach trans activists how to be effective organizers. We believe that justice for trans and gender nonconforming youth is contingent on an intersectional framework of activism. Ending oppression is a long-term process that can only be achieved through collaborative action.

Store Trans Student Educational Resources

{They even have a store.}

What Trans Student Educational Resources

In 2014, we decided to change our name from Trans Student Equality Resources to Trans Student Educational Resources. Many people have asked us why. The reason is simple: equality is not enough. Every person has different identities, needs, and abilities. These need to be supported, which cannot be done the same way for every person. Additionally, equality means that trans students would just have the same access to the broken education system as their peers, a system that we would rather see restructured and improved as a whole than see ourselves assimilated to. They would still be subjected to standardized testing that is a better representation of their class and race than their academic ability. They would not be able to express and center their experiences as trans people within an academic setting. Equality means that the most marginalized groups – the low-income queer trans youth of color facing various other forms of oppression – won’t get the support they need. Limiting our visions for the future to equality means that we are complicit in the oppression of others. We, as an organization, do not condone any of this. What we do support is transformative justice. We do this by educating our community and teaching trans activists how to be effective organizers. We advocate for educational transformation for trans students in school, changing the ways in which education happens rather than slowly reforming the current academic system. We care about all marginalized communities and realize that granting equality will not be enough to stop oppression. Trans liberation will come from justice, not just rights.

Captain Cold

Thread Information