User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We aint here to "hurt" ya just be "Honest"

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    I have to wait til 11, debating cutting grass. Bah! It's full sun right now.

1st time the grass has been dry enough in 2 weeks, though.

I'll get beer, then cut.
    Last edited by MrogersNhood; 08-18-2019 at 09:31 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrogersNhood For This Useful Post:

NORAD (08-19-2019)

Diplomatic Asshole, VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Whenever I go back to the "Meeting"

Feel like such a DUMB@$$.

Ya kinda hold your head down n gosh I hope nobody talks 2 me..

Welp look we aint here 2 "hurt"

Infact they "happy" ya came back through that door..

So many have passed and "gone"

Just by showing up seeing me "alive" why that was almost a "thrill"

Be honest and dont "BS" so I told em the TRUTH
    @Karl.

There is no one in those rooms, that is in any position above you. They all felt the way you do. They know the struggle you are having. Ultimately, the most judgmental person in the rooms, is you. They all know how hard it is to live without alcohol. They share your pain. There, you are not unique, but, a member of a community. All of you striving for the same semblance of sanity. What they’ve learned, is there’s strength in numbers. They’re not alone. Most importantly, neither are you. Whether you go or not, they are still in the same boat as you.

Keep going, Karl. Get a sponsor. Follow the steps, in the order as written. It takes time and patience. Mostly, patience with yourself. They all know that, because they’re in the exact same boat. They don’t judge you, when you fail. They are there to help you realize, it’s all part of the process. It only gets easier, when you do the work.

One day, you’ll be ready to sponsor another person, who will feel like you do now, and you’ll have to remember today, and how hard it was to just simply to commit to helping just yourself.
    When you open your heart to patriotism, there's no room for racism. ~Donald J. Trump
    Rule # 3 - Never believe what you're told, double check.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. ~D. H. Lawrence
    Quote Originally Posted by RGV View Post
    This is America. When you make an accusation, like you have, the burden of proof is on you.
    Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, all the other genders are from Uranus.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstGenCanadian For This Useful Post:

NORAD (08-19-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    Looks like @Karl bailed.

I know how it is with these drugs, you look up and it's 3 days later.

Well, when you're ready, you're ready. And until then, you're not.

I ran over a cat. That was about the worst thing I did when I was drunk. Except for piss off and disappoint all my friends and family... But it wasnt enough. I kept drinking. I suppose I was going for a more important target, maybe a baby or something...

The day I found out my son was being born, should have been the happiest day of my life. Instead, I stared at the phone like the voice was from Mars or something, and something snapped, and they threw the phone into the television as hard as I could, which exploded in lit on fire, and then I immediately reached for a half empty bottle of Jack that was on the table right in front of me, and downed it.

The next thing I remember, it was 7 Days Later, and there were four guys from AA at my house, with garbage bags and Lysol and those little vinyl gloves, cleaning up the mess. I had thrown The Empty Bottle against the wall, it broke and there was glass all over the floor, and I have been walking on it for several days and didn't even notice. There was blood all over the place, didn't know and didn't care.

They took me to a rehab, and I sobered up for a while, but it still wasn't enough. I had to go back and drink again, one more time.

Right now I've been sober for 13 years, 6 months, and 14 days. I know exactly what's going to happen if a drop of liquor touches my lips. First I'm going to go mm... yummy. Then the days are going to start slipping away, and after a while I'm not going to get anything done anymore. And finally it's going to end in a bad place, something is going to happen that's going to overwhelm my delicate liquor-dependent equilibrium.

I don't want to go down that road, so I just don't. Really, the only thing the liquor ever got me was a temporary "ahhh"... just a very temporary emotional relief from the duress of life's daily activities. When that becomes a crutch though, ... well, I'm in no position to judge, because there but for the grace of God go I.

All I can tell you from experience is, there's no solution. Things don't get any better, the only get worse. It's kind of like growing old, things never get "less" painful, you never get "less" aches and pains when you wake up in the morning. There's only one way out of this, and there is no reason to Discover it until you really need it.

It's YOUR life, you can do with it what you want.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

FirstGenCanadian (08-19-2019),NORAD (08-19-2019)

Thread Information