User Tag List

Thread: Blacks worse off than before

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks

Blacks worse off than before

This c-span video comes to you with Andrea Mitchell the host and Bill Gates and Robin Wright reporting on Democracy health. If you want to speed to her part of discussing blacks, check in round the 18 minute mark of the meeting and scroll back or forward to fine tune it. Check it our.

She says in South Africa, democracy is worse off today than during Apartheid. She reports on another nation in Africa and it's failures as well.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?462667...nges-democracy
    Last edited by Robert; 08-13-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (08-13-2019),Jim Scott (08-13-2019),riderboy (08-13-2019),Swedgin (08-13-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Yea, South Africa is a sad story.

They have EVERYTHING they need: Resources, a nice geographic location, ports, etc.

They just need to find a way to get rid of the crime and corruption.
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (08-13-2019),RMNIXON (08-13-2019),Robert (08-13-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    This is what happens when you have a group of people who are NOT ready for leadership. They are thieves, opportunists, unfamiliar with nationalism or human decency. More concerned with self promotion and wealth.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Beachcomber (08-13-2019),Conservative Libertarian (08-13-2019),Hillofbeans (08-13-2019),Jim Scott (08-13-2019),MrogersNhood (08-13-2019),riderboy (08-13-2019),Robert (08-13-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    This is what happens when you have a group of people who are NOT ready for leadership. They are thieves, opportunists, unfamiliar with nationalism or human decency. More concerned with self promotion and wealth.
    To You and also Al Swedgin

We are on the same page. South Africa is in deep trouble lacking water. Also it has failed to correct problems it had during Apartheid. I never visited there but have tapped Google a lot trying to study it. I recall vividly when I was in New Orleans on the bus back to the Airport meeting a young blond woman who spoke to me a bit about it. Hope she is still alive.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Are they saying it was better off under Apartheid?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to riderboy For This Useful Post:

Robert (08-13-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by riderboy View Post
    People LONG for freedom. and I don't blame them. It was wrong what was done to blacks I think. I don't know or it doesn't appear that there were opportunities for blacks. HOWEVER, you can't just turn everything over on its head in one day and expect it to be good. Blacks were not ready to rule, they can't even rule themselves. This should have been a long drawn out process administered with respect. perhaps a little love...but no. Those blacks who were clamoring the most for freedom also meant retaliation for their former oppressors. and that's where we are. Now they have black oppressors who are as bad if not worse than what they had before.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 08-13-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (08-13-2019),Jim Scott (08-13-2019),riderboy (08-13-2019),Robert (08-13-2019)

Thanks
    Ditto Calypso and a major problem is the blacks steal the land from whites and boot them off

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    People LONG for freedom. and I don't blame them. It was wrong what was done to blacks I think. I don't know or it doesn't appear that there were opportunities for blacks. HOWEVER, you can't just turn everything over on its head in one day and expect it to be good. Blacks were not ready to rule, they can't even rule themselves. This should have been a long drawn out process administered with respect. perhaps a little love...but no. Those blacks who were clamoring the most for freedom also meant retaliation for their former oppressors. and that's where we are. Now they have black suppressors who are as bad if not worse than what they had before.
    Let the blacks starve. They made their bed, let them lay in it.
    I will not donate to ary an African thing ever. Let them reap what they have sown.
    Last edited by MrogersNhood; 08-13-2019 at 05:31 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrogersNhood For This Useful Post:

Robert (08-13-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 89.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by riderboy View Post
    I don't think anyone is making excuses for Apartheid.

Only that what replaced the vacuum of authority is worse in many ways. I have heard that during Apartheid many black people were fleeing into South Africa. The economy was attractive even with institutional racism.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

NORAD (08-14-2019),Robert (08-13-2019)

Thread Information