Thread: GOP Leadership Warns Israel about AOC Squad

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 86.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

GOP Leadership Warns Israel about AOC Squad

OMAR AND TLAIB PULLING DEMOCRATIC PARTY AWAY FROM ISRAEL

“They are not a few freshman anymore. They are the movement within the party,” McCarthy said.

The difference between the Democratic and Republican parties on Israel is that while mainstream Democrats support the Jewish state, among Republicans, the whole party does, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-California) told The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday.

And the problem with the Democrats, he asserted, is that members such as congresswomen Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) are – with their statements and actions – pulling the party away from Israel.

“I think they are the wave of the
    Democratic Party,” said McCarthy, currently in the country leading a group of 31 Republicans on a week-long study tour organized by an AIPAC affiliated charity. He cited a current poll saying that the most sought after endorsement for Democratic candidates in the upcoming election is – first of all – any former Democratic president, and “the next in line is AOC.

“This is concerning to me,” he said. “They are not a few freshman anymore. They are the movement within the party.”

.......The Democratic delegation to Israel was headed by House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, who told the Post last week that the sheer size of his delegation indicated that the mainstream of his party is still pro-Israel.

Asked if he agreed with that assessment, McCarthy said, “The mainstream, yes. But why would you not want to say the entire party is? Do I have to say the mainstream Republican Party [is pro-Israel], or do I say the entire party? That is the difference.”

Hoyer, McCarthy asserted, would not have had to make this type of distinction two years ago.

McCarthy said that the “new, young, most popular members of their party” are breaking from the party’s position on Israel to a degree that was not seen in the past, adding that he finds that “concerning for the long term.”

The Republican leader acknowledged that it was frustrating for him that despite his party’s strong support for Israel, American Jews continue to predominantly vote Democratic.

But, he said, this will not impact on Republican support for Israel. “We are not doing this for votes,” he said. “We do this because it is what we believe, based upon our principles and philosophy.”

https://www.jpost.com/American-Polit...-Israel-598503

Lets see how this plays out..........
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-13-2019),Hillofbeans (08-13-2019),potlatch (08-13-2019),Swedgin (08-13-2019),teeceetx (08-13-2019)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 89.0%

Thanks
    There is a conspiracy. Many heads of the hydra will take control.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Democrats
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms. — Robert Heinlein

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (08-13-2019),teeceetx (08-13-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    How is it that the four most ignorant bitches in Congress get so much attention?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hillofbeans For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (08-13-2019),teeceetx (08-13-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    As the Islamization of the US continues. There are so many parallels in history, regarding what is happening in the U.S.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-13-2019),RMNIXON (08-13-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I understand McCarthy's frustration with voters.

The older Jews loyal to Israel and religion are old school Democrats and are dying off. The younger ones mostly Jewish in name only are committed progressives. And we all know that "Muslims" are one of the fastest growing protected identity groups with the left.

If the Omar and Tlaib's get in control of the Party will they learn the hard way?
    Last edited by RMNIXON; 08-13-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

Gift Giver - V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    “new, young, most popular members of their party” As a woman I can say there's no way long time Congress women, including Pelosi, have any great affection for these new, radical, pushy women. Some of the men - being men - may be begiled by Ocasio's 'cuteness' though.

I read the other day that Trump was unhappy about their visit to Israel - he may have said it in a tweet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (08-13-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    The Far left & left have “Major Issues” with Israel ( The tiny Jewish State) and Practicing Jewery .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    “new, young, most popular members of their party” As a woman I can say there's no way long time Congress women, including Pelosi, have any great affection for these new, radical, pushy women.

Pelosi is in a tough bind. She is getting old and confused just like Sleepy Joe!

With the help of the Left Media it has not been that hard for this small group to wrestle for Party control.

- Ronald Reagan

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

potlatch (08-14-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

Thread Information