Thread: People are Replacing Baby Formula With Flour and Returning it for Cash

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks

People are Replacing Baby Formula With Flour and Returning it for Cash

Silke Jasso, August 13, 2019

Via WFMYVia WFMY
    Police are looking into several cases of people who are reportedly buying baby formula and replacing it with flour, only to be returned for cash. According to the NBC Charlotte Defenders team uncovered, out of those few cases, the formulas that were tampered were put back on store shelves. Some parents complained, saying they didnít realize the product had been tampered with until their children got sick.

According to Madeline Roque, her 9-month-old daughter Adeline is finally smiling again after a frightening few days. Adeline was crying, refusing her bottle, vomiting, and passing a lot of gas. Desperately trying to find out what was causing her to get so sick, the new mom noticed the baby formula she purchased from Wal-Mart looked off.

The mother stated the milk was a different color than it usually was, and the texture was clumpy. She let the mixture stand for a while hoping it would dissolve, but noticed it separated, which is something baby formula never does. When she poured the bottle into the sink, she saw how it clumped together and was scared that her daughterís stomach was the same as the texture in the sink, or worse. She quickly realized the mixture was baking flour.

She notified Wal-Mart, who stated that their store policy was not to put any returned products back on the shelves, but they are investigating the incident. Which kind of makes you wonder how true the statement is. Since you know, the baby actually got sick. Plus, with all the tampered products that have been making headlines these past months, baby formula could be an easy target for dumb people who have no morals. Which is a new low for those who are looking for a few extra bucks.

Unfortunately, this isnít the first time an incident with fake formula has been reported. Last month, an Arizona woman was arrested after running a baby formula theft ring, making nearly half a million dollars in profit. In 2017, a woman pleaded guilty to tampering with baby formula, who replaced it with a flour and sugar mixture before returning it for cash. Last year, another mother reported falling victim to tampered formula after realizing the product was clumpy at the bottom. When she tasted it, she realized it was also baking flour.

To make sure the formula isnít tampered with, authorities are asking parents to check everything is properly sealed before use. The formula will always mix with water, so if it separates, thatís a sign it might contain something else rather than the formula itself.
    I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them. ó George Mason, during Virginiaís Convention to Ratify the Constitution (1788)

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Beachcomber (08-13-2019),Brat (08-13-2019),Daily Bread (08-13-2019),dinosaur (08-13-2019),HawkTheSlayer (08-13-2019),Knightkore (08-13-2019),Kris P Bacon (08-13-2019),teeceetx (08-13-2019),texmaster (08-13-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    These people ought to be sent to prison for a very very long time. There's nothing worse than tampering with food.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-13-2019),Brat (08-13-2019),dinosaur (08-13-2019),HawkTheSlayer (08-13-2019)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Thanks
    Most stores no longer restock returns. It's crazy, all a cost of doing business. Walmart dumpster diving is now a competitive sport, or street fight, depending on where you are talking about.

People who would do something like this, knowing that some unsuspecting infant might be harmed, they need to be taken out back and take one in the chest for the team. Just sayin.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-13-2019),Brat (08-13-2019),RMNIXON (08-13-2019)

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    Scumbags
    My gawd is that stuff expensive. Why not just breast feed?
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-13-2019),Brat (08-13-2019),HawkTheSlayer (08-13-2019),Piru (08-14-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    Scumbags
    not only that but formula, the actual formula product tastes nearly as bad as the flour and sugar fake mixture. My dnl fed that to my grandbabies. I tasted it. Terrible, just terrible. My mother fed me carnation and karo syrup. I breastfed my children and then went 2% milk. This thing too of making your baby sleep on their back. NO. They get flat heads and they can asphyxiate if they throw up. I put mine on their tummies with head turned.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

ďMuslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.Ē

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-13-2019),Brat (08-13-2019),Daily Bread (08-13-2019),HawkTheSlayer (08-13-2019),Kris P Bacon (08-13-2019),Sheldonna (08-13-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Just think about the millions of WIC vouchers distributed monthly by government alone that specify powdered formula.
    Let's suppose one is a recipient of such vouchers. Now, let's suppose we go to walmart and buy some powdered formula and return it with either flour or ligit formula issued by the government one month later when it's used up.

It only takes one buy per formula unit to continue the fraud perpetually.

And let me tell you something, formula ain't cheap. Whether it's powder or liquid.
    15 years ago, basic, liquid Similac was the cheapest liquid formula approved by the government at a cost of almost $4/can times 31 cans per infant/per month in addition to all other WIC vouchers available to the mother and older children.

Powdered formula is cheaper and is supposed to be more mobile/ convenient/save the government money.

You can't refund government issued powder or liquid formula. You can give it away or sell it for cheap( done all the time/sure it's not legal) .

As bad as all this sounds, its hard to defraud the government WIC program. It's prolly the most effective, sound program out there. There are retailer checks and balances and the vouchers must be used in the designated months they are issued, or they will be lost and unusable. Matching signature from the government issue office is required at time of purchase on the original vouchers at the retailer. Otherwise they are refused and reported. And if a retailer thinks he can get away with fraud, spent vouchers are reviewed by the issue agent(USDA) and rejected if the signatures don't match.
    Lots of recipients(mostly single women) redeem the checks on the last day and give the cereal, 2 gallons of fresh milk, etc to their neighbors so it won't go to waste.

Yet many crack whores forget and the checks go unused, saving the American taxpayers money, while the children go hungry because they ain't no baby daddy around, if you Get my drift.

Now tell me, why can't EBT have these same checks and balances as WIC?
    Both are USDA responsibilities.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-13-2019),Brat (08-13-2019),Daily Bread (08-13-2019),Kris P Bacon (08-13-2019)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    Scumbags
    Very expensive!
    See my take from an old supermarket man.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (08-13-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    How does someone not know a can of formula has been tampered with? It has foil safety seals. If you buy a can and the foil seal is missing, DUH!

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Scumbags
    Trans don't got no milk.
    When it comes to trans, "Milk don't do a body good".
    F@cking freaks.
    @Kris P Bacon

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-13-2019),Daily Bread (08-13-2019),Kris P Bacon (08-13-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Scumbags
    Some women have issues with nursing and for whatever reason don’t produce enough milk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fins For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (08-13-2019)

Thread Information