User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh on faith and freedom

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    BTW, it was just last week that Rush brought this up again and that's why I'm trying to figure out why he only uses China as an example to "prove" his point. He was pretty adamant about faith in God being absolutely needed in order to have freedom. That's why I'm testing different countries to see if his theory will hold up.

Let's try Japan: I have yet to here any complaints about lack of freedom in Japan. And Japan has the following breakdown of religions: Shinto 83.9%, Buddhism 71.4%, Christianity 2%, Other 7.8%, (total exceeds 100% because many people belong to both Shintoism and Buddhism). https://www.bing.com/search?q=major+...9aad58e68c97cf

"Shinto gods" are sacred spirits that take the form of things like rain, wind, or trees.

"Buddha asked his disciples not to waste precious time pondering over things that cannot be proved, for example GOD. Buddhism is not an atheistic religion, but has strong views against the existence of GOD."
    Last edited by Fall River; 08-13-2019 at 09:36 AM.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Japan has a few thousand Moslems (Mostly Consul & Diplomatic Corps and Business )

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gator Monroe For This Useful Post:

Fall River (08-15-2019),Knightkore (08-13-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    Different "gods" there. Maybe do a little more research on that before you make a blanket & ignorant statement?

Now that's funny. I not surprised that you believe in multiple gods. When you believe in magic anything is possible.
    Last edited by patrickt; 08-13-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    BTW, it was just last week that Rush brought this up again and that's why I'm trying to figure out why he only uses China as an example to "prove" his point. He was pretty adamant about faith in God being absolutely needed in order to have freedom. That's why I'm testing different countries to see if his theory will hold up.

Let's try Japan: I have yet to here any complaints about lack of freedom in Japan. And Japan has the following breakdown of religions: Shinto 83.9%, Buddhism 71.4%, Christianity 2%, Other 7.8%, (total exceeds 100% because many people belong to both Shintoism and Buddhism). https://www.bing.com/search?q=major+...9aad58e68c97cf

"Shinto gods" are sacred spirits that take the form of things like rain, wind, or trees.

"Buddha asked his disciples not to waste precious time pondering over things that cannot be proved, for example GOD. Buddhism is not an atheistic religion, but has strong views against the existence of GOD."
    Japan got their asses handed to them by America. And their government & freedoms aren't exactly the same as America but they have tried to emulate America after WW2 more than any other asian country that I know of.

China is communist & persecutes their Christian population all the time. Perhaps not to the extent as Iran & the other islamic countries do but still very disturbing track record.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Now that's funny. I not surprised that you believe in multiple gods. When you believe in magic anything is possible.
    Matthew 19:26 With God ALL things are possible.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford

SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    Sorry that the point is lost on you. The DOI established nothing. It is not a legal document. So since he keeps arguing otherwise, tell me what it founded.
    It established a people with a common purpose.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-14-2019)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post

You state that Japan is 100%+ religious, with a belief in some God(s). Even Christians have different opinions about God.

Perhaps GOD wears many hats?
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    It established a people with a common purpose.
    No. Try again. The revolution was so disorganized, it’s amazing that we won.

SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    No. Try again. The revolution was so disorganized, it’s amazing that we won.
    I am correct. You are not.

The revolution was disorganized. All revolutions are. That is not the issue. We won, with French help.

The revolution, itself, is irrelevant. Really, I do not expect you to understand. Nor does it matter to me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-14-2019)

Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    I am correct. You are not.

The revolution was disorganized. All revolutions are. That is not the issue. We won, with French help.

The revolution, itself, is irrelevant. Really, I do not expect you to understand. Nor does it matter to me.
    LMAO. That’s funny based on your lack of comprehension of the entire subject. There was nothing created by the DOI. It organized nothing.

Thread Information