User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: Rush Limbaugh on faith and freedom

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    Right now? No. At one time America tried. Probably it was one of the best next to Israel, but even Israel fell short over and over again. Read the OT.

There is only TRYING to get it right. No one country will ever be perfect enough.

That doesn't mean we don't try. That doesn't mean we give up & throw in the towel.

It's like your personal life. None of us are going to be perfect. We'll all miss the mark at one time or another. That doesn't mean we don't keep trying & just give in.

But we do know there are worst case people as well as worst case countries. It is our job not to go that direction ourselves & to help our country not to go there either.

Rush was.....making it more simple than it really is. But then again.....maybe it really isn't all that complicated either.

Jesus made it pretty simple. The like of muhammed make it complicated.
    (Paraphrasing) Rush did say that just because a person is religious and believes in God, that doesn't mean he/she is perfect and doesn't commit any sins. So I took it that he was simply referring to any country that has a majority believing in god. And he said belief in god is necessary for freedom because freedom comes from god, not government. So I found Japan with a majority that doesn't worship a biblical God, as most Americans do, and yet they have freedom. So Rush was wrong; he may be a genius when it comes to politics but I think he dropped the ball by making this blanket statement.

India may be another example: 79.8% practice Hinduism, 14.2% adheres to Islam, 2.3% Christianity, 1.7% Sikhism.
    Last edited by Fall River; 08-16-2019 at 09:50 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fall River For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-16-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    (Paraphrasing) Rush did say that just because a person is religious and believes in God, that doesn't mean he/she is perfect and doesn't commit any sins. So I took it that he was simply referring to any country that has a majority believing in god. And he said belief in god is necessary for freedom because freedom comes from god, not government. So I found Japan with a majority that doesn't worship a biblical God, as most Americans do, and yet they have freedom. So Rush was wrong; he may be a genius when it comes to politics but I think he dropped the ball by making this blanket statement.

India may be another example: 79.8% practice Hinduism, 14.2% adheres to Islam, 2.3% Christianity, 1.7% Sikhism.
    Blanket statements rarely address all of the realities.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

Fall River (08-16-2019)

Thread Information