User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did my grandson help the economy or help the rich?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks

Did my grandson help the economy or help the rich?

His first new car. And so proud to work in Silicon Valley.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    I think we all should do the best we can with what we have. If your grandson can afford it then more power to him. Me? I'll stick to a gas engine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (08-11-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post

Must have a "Really" good job cause out in "Silly-Con" valley a studio in the Crack Ghettoo goes like 2k per month..

Plus that fancy Car why I bet that payment is 6/8 hundred per month alone

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks

Both. Any major purchase in the U.S. infinitesimally helps the economy.

Tesla is a publicly owned company which means that some of the stockholders are wealthy and profit when sales are up and the stock price rises but many stockholders are middle class and also profit from sales of the vehicles.

At a list price of just over $36,000. the Model 3 Tesla is relatively affordable but from what I've read, somewhat unreliable. Your grandson will find out, eventually.

I prefer an internal combustion engine powering my vehicle and have no interest in electric cars - but many people of the 'millennial' generation, do and that is the prime market for cars such as the Tesla.

Working in Silicon Valley is a big deal for a young person today and obviously pays well, so congratulations to him. Being immersed in technology it is hardly surprising he embraces the all-electric car concept.

Jim

"Need" now means wanting someone else's (taxpayer) money. "Greed" means wanting to keep your own profit. "Compassion" is when a politician arranges the transfer. - Joseph Sobran

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jim Scott For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (08-11-2019),darroll (08-11-2019),jirqoadai (08-11-2019),memesofine (08-12-2019),Northern Rivers (08-14-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Must have a "Really" good job cause out in "Silly-Con" valley a studio in the Crack Ghettoo goes like 2k per month..

Plus that fancy Car why I bet that payment is 6/8 hundred per month alone
    Who has identified his new car?

And never fear his rent. He is buying from his parents (my own daughter and her husband) their home so they can then move to Colorado.

Facebook pays him at his age of 20 like well past $100,000 per year for his first permanent job.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (08-11-2019),Northern Rivers (08-14-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Its a new Toyota Celicia, quite different from the one I had in 1977 and about 10 times as much to boot
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Robert (08-11-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Who has identified his new car?

And never fear his rent. He is buying from his parents (my own daughter and her husband) their home so they can then move to Colorado.

Facebook pays him at his age of 20 like well past $100,000 per year for his first permanent job.
    Kids nowadays can do well if they figure out how to do it and I believe it helps the economy when they do. My 3 sons are in Seattle and all in the six figure plus salary range...........they've figured it out. It does take hard work and getting off the video games though.

Good for your grandson. Be proud of him. I know you are.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

darroll (08-11-2019),Northern Rivers (08-14-2019),Robert (08-11-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Scott View Post
    Both. Any major purchase in the U.S. infinitesimally helps the economy.
    Tesla is a publicly owned company which means that some of the stockholders are wealthy and profit when sales are up and the stock price rises but many stockholders are middle class and also profit from sales of the vehicles.

At a list price of just over $36,000. the Model 3 Tesla is relatively affordable but from what I've read, somewhat unreliable. Your grandson will find out, eventually.

I prefer an internal combustion engine powering my vehicle and have no interest in electric cars - but many people of the 'millennial' generation, do and that is the prime market for cars such as the Tesla.

Working in Silicon Valley is a big deal for a young person today and obviously pays well, so congratulations to him. Being immersed in technology it is hardly surprising he embraces the all-electric car concept.

Jim

2 months ago, I moved away from the home city to the Tesla. For some odd reason, perhaps shock, I did not recognize his car. Since he arrived at Facebook to work for them. i believe he has raked in to date around (2 short months) $48,000 in pay so it seems he can afford the car. Facebook had handed him a lot of cash. Maybe he did good working for Facebook.
    Last edited by Robert; 08-11-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Kids nowadays can do well if they figure out how to do it and I believe it helps the economy when they do. My 3 sons are in Seattle and all in the six figure plus salary range...........they've figured it out. It does take hard work and getting off the video games though. Good for your grandson. Be proud of him. I know you are.
    I do not think in his case he blew much time on video games once he got into the university where he seems to have truly excelled the way Facebook treated him. I am pleased for him.
    Last edited by Robert; 08-11-2019 at 05:26 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (08-14-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    I do not think in his case he blew much time on video games once he got into the university where he seems to have truly excelled the way Facebook treated him. I am pleased for him.
    Same with my boys. They studied and did well in college and left those games behind. My oldest is in a management position at Starbucks Corporate Office. He loves it there.

Thread Information