User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Did my grandson help the economy or help the rich?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    581
    Thanked: 1,021
    Rep Power
    3481500

    Did my grandson help the economy or help the rich?



    His first new car. And so proud to work in Silicon Valley.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

    Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

  2. #2
    V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 38.0%

    Old Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,985
    Thanks
    3,109
    Thanked: 16,308
    Rep Power
    21474852
    I think we all should do the best we can with what we have. If your grandson can afford it then more power to him. Me? I'll stick to a gas engine.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (08-11-2019)

  4. #3
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    19,661
    Thanks
    7,223
    Thanked: 6,751
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post


    His first new car. And so proud to work in Silicon Valley.

    Must have a "Really" good job cause out in "Silly-Con" valley a studio in the Crack Ghettoo goes like 2k per month..

    Plus that fancy Car why I bet that payment is 6/8 hundred per month alone
    ..

  5. #4
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

    Jim Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Connecticut, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,584
    Thanks
    35,973
    Thanked: 28,664
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post


    His first new car. And so proud to work in Silicon Valley.
    Both. Any major purchase in the U.S. infinitesimally helps the economy.

    Tesla is a publicly owned company which means that some of the stockholders are wealthy and profit when sales are up and the stock price rises but many stockholders are middle class and also profit from sales of the vehicles.

    At a list price of just over $36,000. the Model 3 Tesla is relatively affordable but from what I've read, somewhat unreliable. Your grandson will find out, eventually.

    I prefer an internal combustion engine powering my vehicle and have no interest in electric cars - but many people of the 'millennial' generation, do and that is the prime market for cars such as the Tesla.

    Working in Silicon Valley is a big deal for a young person today and obviously pays well, so congratulations to him. Being immersed in technology it is hardly surprising he embraces the all-electric car concept.

    Jim


    "Need" now means wanting someone else's (taxpayer) money. "Greed" means wanting to keep your own profit. "Compassion" is when a politician arranges the transfer. - Joseph Sobran






  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jim Scott For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (08-11-2019),darroll (08-11-2019),jirqoadai (08-11-2019),memesofine (08-12-2019),Northern Rivers (08-14-2019)

  7. #5
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    581
    Thanked: 1,021
    Rep Power
    3481500
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Must have a "Really" good job cause out in "Silly-Con" valley a studio in the Crack Ghettoo goes like 2k per month..

    Plus that fancy Car why I bet that payment is 6/8 hundred per month alone
    Who has identified his new car?

    And never fear his rent. He is buying from his parents (my own daughter and her husband) their home so they can then move to Colorado.

    Facebook pays him at his age of 20 like well past $100,000 per year for his first permanent job.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

    Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (08-11-2019),Northern Rivers (08-14-2019)

  9. #6
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

    Dr. Felix Birdbiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Around other people
    Posts
    26,476
    Thanks
    8,119
    Thanked: 26,762
    Rep Power
    21474868
    Its a new Toyota Celicia, quite different from the one I had in 1977 and about 10 times as much to boot
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

    "Al Capone"

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

    Robert (08-11-2019)

  11. #7
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 89.0%

    Jen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    21,144
    Thanks
    17,321
    Thanked: 27,562
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Who has identified his new car?

    And never fear his rent. He is buying from his parents (my own daughter and her husband) their home so they can then move to Colorado.

    Facebook pays him at his age of 20 like well past $100,000 per year for his first permanent job.
    Kids nowadays can do well if they figure out how to do it and I believe it helps the economy when they do. My 3 sons are in Seattle and all in the six figure plus salary range...........they've figured it out. It does take hard work and getting off the video games though.

    Good for your grandson. Be proud of him. I know you are.




  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

    darroll (08-11-2019),Northern Rivers (08-14-2019),Robert (08-11-2019)

  13. #8
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    581
    Thanked: 1,021
    Rep Power
    3481500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Scott View Post
    Both. Any major purchase in the U.S. infinitesimally helps the economy.
    Tesla is a publicly owned company which means that some of the stockholders are wealthy and profit when sales are up and the stock price rises but many stockholders are middle class and also profit from sales of the vehicles.

    At a list price of just over $36,000. the Model 3 Tesla is relatively affordable but from what I've read, somewhat unreliable. Your grandson will find out, eventually.

    I prefer an internal combustion engine powering my vehicle and have no interest in electric cars - but many people of the 'millennial' generation, do and that is the prime market for cars such as the Tesla.

    Working in Silicon Valley is a big deal for a young person today and obviously pays well, so congratulations to him. Being immersed in technology it is hardly surprising he embraces the all-electric car concept.

    Jim


    2 months ago, I moved away from the home city to the Tesla. For some odd reason, perhaps shock, I did not recognize his car. Since he arrived at Facebook to work for them. i believe he has raked in to date around (2 short months) $48,000 in pay so it seems he can afford the car. Facebook had handed him a lot of cash. Maybe he did good working for Facebook.
    Last edited by Robert; 08-11-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

    Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

  14. #9
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    581
    Thanked: 1,021
    Rep Power
    3481500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Kids nowadays can do well if they figure out how to do it and I believe it helps the economy when they do. My 3 sons are in Seattle and all in the six figure plus salary range...........they've figured it out. It does take hard work and getting off the video games though. Good for your grandson. Be proud of him. I know you are.
    I do not think in his case he blew much time on video games once he got into the university where he seems to have truly excelled the way Facebook treated him. I am pleased for him.
    Last edited by Robert; 08-11-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

    Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

    Northern Rivers (08-14-2019)

  16. #10
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 89.0%

    Jen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    21,144
    Thanks
    17,321
    Thanked: 27,562
    Rep Power
    21474862
    I do not think in his case he blew much time on video games once he got into the university where he seems to have truly excelled the way Facebook treated him. I am pleased for him.
    Same with my boys. They studied and did well in college and left those games behind. My oldest is in a management position at Starbucks Corporate Office. He loves it there.




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •