User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: European Residents. New boy in school.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Greetings from a fellow Brit @Big Wheeler, living in Rugby. Like the league of bloody nations in the UK, isn’t it!

Recently returned from abroad and also looking for trucking work (Class 1), in our gig economy! Recently offered 10.25ph tramping to Scotland, max hours, no o/t rate and no mention of nights out allowance … I’m still in shock!

As long as you’re polite you can let it all out here and as the site is American you won’t get a knock on your door from the authorities. We even have a Brit and rants thread. Welcome.
    You coulda fooled me @Pork Chop . I thought you were a world famous globe trotting journalist.

You and @Karl could talk about gear jammin and diesel fuel economy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    welcome Big Wheeler!

pull on in and park a spell...[hookups/showers avail.]
    (Lot lizards extra)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    You coulda fooled me @<a href="http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=3620" target="_blank">Pork Chop</a> . I thought you were a world famous globe trotting journalist.

You and @<a href="http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=538" target="_blank">Karl</a> could talk about gear jammin and diesel fuel economy.
    Naw, teaching as a profession and truck driving as a vocation. Changing up through a twin split, or blind side reversing whilst thinking about Marx’s Division of Labour. It’s all Pork Chop stuff.

Still have some photos from the old days. Big Wheeler will know these.

Jammin’ gears with Karl? Yo, let’s do dat. ‘Holy cow Zion’ or whatever.

Last edited by Pork Chop; 07-29-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks
    You Europeans love them cab overs.

Here is a real Gear Jammin' song.

I give you George Thorogood

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

darroll (07-29-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wheeler View Post
    Good day,folks.I was pointed towards this forum a few months ago.i like to read and understand different points of view from different countries'residents.Here in the UK we are generally treated like mushrooms by our media particularly the remarkably biased BBC.I am English but spend half the year in Spain.Open discussion of "delicate "subjects rarely takes place.e.g.Having 3 daughters of 40+ years old I could have told you 30 years ago about pakistani muslims but even now the subject is taboo.I like the way this forum doesn't clamp down on what is free speech.
    I am 72 and retired from driving heavy trucks.Favourite music is rock n roll and hard and heavy rock.AC/DC,Metallica.Favourite movie characters are the minions which sums up my sense of humour.
    Welcome aboard. I hope to get a little inside, (from the source) about Spanish sediments about Franco, and if they still persist...somewhat positively by a significant portion of society.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

Member Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Thanks to all you folk who were kind enough to welcome me to this forum.To one of you I'm not a 2nd.chancer.Honest.
    I despair at my own country which,along with most of Europe,is succumbing to islamification but we are not supposed to notice or comment about it.Neither do I care for the rampant pc and extreme snowflakery which is taking over our lives here.I am a man of a certain age who recalls different standards from 60+ years ago.I see that contributors from countries from the US,Canada and Australia can post comments and I hope to learn from them.In the UK the entire press and media ahve nothing but abuse for Trump,for example.I don't know much but I don't mind the guy because he's not a career diplomat.I wasn't keen on Obama because he gave me the impression that if he were chocolate he'd eat himself.As for my own government of greedy,self serving,lying traitors?
    I try to remain routinely polite and am known for not getting over emotional and look forward to exchanging views.
    As for trucks(lorries if you prefer)in the UK and Europe we have very few conventionals because of the overall length regulations.
    All ferry ports in Belgium,France and Spain have been under siege from "migrants"for years.Even cars and caravans aren't immune.Trucks are attacked every night while waiting for ferries.I feel truly sorry for the citizens of the towns adjacent to the ports.These migrants are really not nice people.
    Regarding Franco in Spain.He died in 1975 and even now there is a lot of resentment over his reign.Many thousands of people died during the civil war and afterwards under his rule.Mass graves are discovered on a fairly regular basis.The Spanish government have been debating for a couple of years over what to do with his remains which have been at Los Caidos since his death.There are those who want his remains taken away.Feelings are still high after all these years.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Wheeler For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-29-2019)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    How did I miss this. I've seen some of your posts and I likee. Welcome.

Thread Information