User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: European Residents. New boy in school.

Member Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks

European Residents. New boy in school.

Good day,folks.I was pointed towards this forum a few months ago.i like to read and understand different points of view from different countries'residents.Here in the UK we are generally treated like mushrooms by our media particularly the remarkably biased BBC.I am English but spend half the year in Spain.Open discussion of "delicate "subjects rarely takes place.e.g.Having 3 daughters of 40+ years old I could have told you 30 years ago about pakistani muslims but even now the subject is taboo.I like the way this forum doesn't clamp down on what is free speech.
    I am 72 and retired from driving heavy trucks.Favourite music is rock n roll and hard and heavy rock.AC/DC,Metallica.Favourite movie characters are the minions which sums up my sense of humour.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Big Wheeler For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-28-2019),Brat (07-28-2019),Canadianeye (07-29-2019),darroll (07-28-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-28-2019),Kris P Bacon (07-29-2019),Oberon (08-31-2019),Pork Chop (07-29-2019),Rutabaga (07-28-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    Hey

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    If you are down with Metallica, then you are okay in my book.

Welcome. I am a big Judas Priest fan.

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Welcome!
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    welcome Big Wheeler!

pull on in and park a spell...[hookups/showers avail.]
    "The nose, knows"

@Auntifa,,,when the shooting starts, don't run, you'll only die tired...

#walkaway

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wheeler View Post
    Good day,folks.I was pointed towards this forum a few months ago.i like to read and understand different points of view from different countries'residents.Here in the UK we are generally treated like mushrooms by our media particularly the remarkably biased BBC.I am English but spend half the year in Spain.Open discussion of "delicate "subjects rarely takes place.e.g.Having 3 daughters of 40+ years old I could have told you 30 years ago about pakistani muslims but even now the subject is taboo.I like the way this forum doesn't clamp down on what is free speech.
    I am 72 and retired from driving heavy trucks.Favourite music is rock n roll and hard and heavy rock.AC/DC,Metallica.Favourite movie characters are the minions which sums up my sense of humour.
    But.... you never drove a lorry or listened to Jethro Tull while driving?

Busted.
    Last edited by HawkTheSlayer; 07-28-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    For all that bullshit , you could have just told us you were wanting a second chance.
    We give that high credence .
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    You sound like a good chap. Will love having you here to tell us the Euro side of things. We have had a few UK leftists to debate in the past not sure they could hang with our debating. Also will enjoy tales of driving for a living as there are quite a few us professionals here too. What a mess it looks like in for trucks in Calais France.
    I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them. — George Mason, during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution (1788)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Greetings from a fellow Brit @Big Wheeler, living in Rugby. Like the league of bloody nations in the UK, isn’t it!

Recently returned from abroad and also looking for trucking work (Class 1), in our gig economy! Recently offered 10.25ph tramping to Scotland, max hours, no o/t rate and no mention of nights out allowance … I’m still in shock!

As long as you’re polite you can let it all out here and as the site is American you won’t get a knock on your door from the authorities. We even have a Brit and rants thread. Welcome.
    Last edited by Pork Chop; 07-29-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    If you are down with Metallica, then you are okay in my book.

Welcome. I am a big Judas Priest fan.
    I used to be....'breaking the law, breaking the laawww' Trying to cut down

Hello Big Wheeler!
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

Thread Information