User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718

Thread: Hunting Season V5.0

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Some of the best times in my life ever were sitting around the campfires in the evenings while on deer hunting trip to north central Pennsylvania and northern Michigan.

Cold? Yeah but a nice fire in the midst of our group were more than plenty to keep us all toasty.

Hearing the stories from the older, more experienced members (my ex father in law) were the best parts.

Whenever I think back on my life and wish I could have "done this" or "done that", I always say that I would have loved to live in a cabin in the north woods somewhere. I have had this dream ever since I was a young boy. Somewhere I took a wrong turn.

My ex father in law would tell stories of his dad when he was a novice. I am thinking the year would be like the late 1940's and early 1950's from my F-I-L 's perspective.

What I wouldn't give to make one more hike up that mountain at 3:00AM and crack that cold beer after arriving at your at your stand 3 hours later. Nothing has ever tasted any better than that one beer you brought in your pack to reward yourself for that three hour hike.

My hips would start aching before I left the campsite today.
    I bought that cabin, and a couple more like it.

Pack in the beer, but save it for after the hunting is done.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (12-03-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Several seasons Archery, Rifle, Muzzle... have come and gone. The freezer is getting empty.

Deer are frustratingly nocturnal, and the end of the Rut looks pretty flat.

I am hunting a notch archery season hoping to catch some deer that let their guard down.

Difficult to keep the enthusiasm.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Thread Information