User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617

Thread: Hunting Season V5.0

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Have you ever looked in Pawn shops for gear?

If I was perhaps 20 years younger, I might look into a modern bow. Today though, not so much.

I have the awesome memories and I can still read your great posts and others about hunting. I have been reading Outdoor life and Field & Stream since my school days. I still read the stories from you and others with as much passion as I did back then.

Continue as you always have!
    The guy that works with me's dad talking me into getting a more modern bow. We were picking up some gear and he was out there shooting in the yard and called me over.

"Shoot this 1 time", he said. It was about 20 yards. It was so easy to pull back and I nailed it twice.

He explained to me how the newer ones can have the same or better speed with less draw weight .
    Last edited by MrogersNhood; 11-14-2019 at 12:08 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrogersNhood For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (11-14-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Have you ever looked in Pawn shops for gear?

If I was perhaps 20 years younger, I might look into a modern bow. Today though, not so much.

I have the awesome memories and I can still read your great posts and others about hunting. I have been reading Outdoor life and Field & Stream since my school days. I still read the stories from you and others with as much passion as I did back then.

Continue as you always have!
    Yeah, you can find fairly recent bows on CraigsList and such. If I did buy one, I would take it to a good bow shop to check it for problems, especially with the string/cables, limbs, and cams.

I had two compound bows blow up in my hand in one season a couple years back. Both managed to slit my bow-hand wrist enough to cause bleeding wounds, one particularly bad.

And continue to enjoy. Everywhere I have started a Hunting Season thread, I have heard such feedback. It takes me back in time to sitting around, as a boy, and listening to the men in hunting camp tell stories.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (11-15-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrogersNhood View Post
    The guy that works with me's dad talking me into getting a more modern bow. We were picking up some gear and he was out there shooting in the yard and called me over.

"Shoot this 1 time", he said. It was about 20 yards. It was so easy to pull back and I nailed it twice.

He explained to me how the newer ones can have the same or better speed with less draw weight .
    Yep, and sights and releases change the whole art of shooting.
    I still shoot Traditional bows, some that I make myself, but I hunt with fairly modern compound bows.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Ok, update from saturday. Shot a small wormy 5 pointer that needed to be culled. Once again, the .44 did the job with little effort.

That makes 3. 1 with crossbow, 2 with the .44.

Now, this weekend I may go again. This time its the GP100 .357's chance to bag something.

Thread Information