User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Science and Faith

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    It isn't. But everytime it mentions anything of a scientific nature...it is correct. .
    OMG now THAT is hilarious!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    Science is determined to make the case that faith based on science is reasonable. Faith in God is not.
    Scientific atheism is intellectually superior to, God forbid, faith in a Creator.
    Not true at all. Science makes no claim against a creator only that from what we have found a creator is not necessary.

Faith and science are mutually exclusive ideologies. To believe in what has been proven is reasonable, to have faith in spite of what has been proven is not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Swedgin (09-09-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    What shouldd we make of the point that we can observe only 5% of the universe? Between dark energy and dark matter, which we do not understand, they account for 95% of the Universe.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    What shouldd we make of the point that we can observe only 5% of the universe? Between dark energy and dark matter, which we do not understand, they account for 95% of the Universe.
    Yeah, and scientists rarely admit they know next to nothing. The Universe, The Earth, Ancient Human History, etc., etc. Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Biology, all just a bunch of theorems and sometimes, abject lies. Science has become so political now, that it's impossible to tell fact from fiction.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (09-09-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post
    Yeah, and scientists rarely admit they know next to nothing. The Universe, The Earth, Ancient Human History, etc., etc. Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Biology, all just a bunch of theorems and sometimes, abject lies. Science has become so political now, that it's impossible to tell fact from fiction.
    Climate change has been a devastating blow to the credibility of real science.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Actually we have observed dark matter and energy, just not directly.

What we have observed is only the observable universe however. There is no reason to believe it ends there.

Just like we know what happens to the universe if we shrink it down to the point our math no longer functions, but that doesn't mean the universe emerged from a singularity.

In fact a singularity violates the laws of quantum mechanics. Same as a black hole, which in actually is far more likely to be a Gravistar.
    Last edited by Morning Star; 09-09-2019 at 02:25 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Swedgin (09-09-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Meanwhile, the Judeo Christian religion hasn't been updated for thousands of years.
    --Actually, it has evolved. A great deal. I am of the opinion that once literacy rates started going up, many Christians had a FAR better idea of Christ's actual teachings as they could read them for themselves.

Btw, the Bible is not a science book. I'm amazed how many Believers don't realize this.
    --No. It isn't. AND a Science book is not a spiritual guide from the Creator, either. I'm amazed at how many Atheists do not realize this distinction.....
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

Thanks
    Simple, basic, logic:

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    Not true at all. Science makes no claim against a creator only that from what we have found a creator is not necessary.

Faith and science are mutually exclusive ideologies. To believe in what has been proven is reasonable, to have faith in spite of what has been proven is not.

(Although, obviously I take a different stance on what you deem as "unreasonable" in the final sentence.....)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    .... AND a Science book is not a spiritual guide from the Creator, either. I'm amazed at how many Atheists do not realize this distinction.....
    There is no guide from the creator be it spiritual or scientific. Every text ever written was written by man.

You can claim the bible was "inspired by God", but that too is just a man made claim. Insane asylums are filled with people "inspired by God".

Hell we just had a case here in Florida where a guy through is daughter off the bridge and killed her because "God" told him too.

Where is you faith now if you don't believe him?

Thanks
    There is no guide from the creator be it spiritual or scientific. Every text ever written was written by man.
    --All I can do is speak from my personal position of faith: The Bible WAS "written by man" (Men, and at least one woman...), but, I do believe that it was DIVINELY inspired. Obviously, I have no physical (or, mathematical!) evidence to support the case of my faith. Only personal experience.

You can claim the bible was "inspired by God", but that too is just a man made claim. Insane asylums are filled with people "inspired by God".
    --True. But, as a believer, I do believe the Bible was "inspired by God." Again, I have nothing more than my faith to support that claim, but, that's what faith is....

Hell we just had a case here in Florida where a guy through is daughter off the bridge and killed her because "God" told him too.
    --People are crazy. (Remember a few years ago when a woman drowned all of her kids?)

Where is you faith now if you don't believe him?
    --In God, and the word of His Son. (I do not seek salvation from my fellow human beings...EVEN THOUGH....I am inspired by many. Some of whom are not Christian.....)

Thread Information