User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day at Disneyland: Photos From 1955

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks

Opening Day at Disneyland: Photos From 1955

I was hoping to see a picture of myself, but this was the closest I could find. Way back in the background is the train station and my choir was on risers there. I remember we were standing under the tower to the left of the building.

Walt wandered all over the park, savoring the joy of everyone who was there.

Not on that day, but I do remember seeing Fess Parker signing autographs there.

This was Walt’s favorite. He took the engineer’s seat at least once every day.

What a wondrous place it used to be.
    Last edited by sargentodiaz; 07-25-2019 at 09:44 PM.
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

Abbey1 (07-26-2019),Brat (07-25-2019),darroll (07-26-2019),Jen (07-26-2019),Kris P Bacon (07-26-2019),Lone Gunman (07-25-2019),Stan Fan (07-26-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    I see something significant. Look how nicely everyone is dressed.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-25-2019),darroll (07-26-2019),Jen (07-26-2019),Kris P Bacon (07-26-2019),Lone Gunman (07-25-2019),Stan Fan (07-26-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    now a photo of the crowd today.

Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-25-2019),darroll (07-26-2019),Lone Gunman (07-25-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    No fights, no drug use, no gang bangers, everyone smiling and happy. How times have changed.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-25-2019),darroll (07-26-2019),Lone Gunman (07-25-2019),markdido (07-26-2019),Stan Fan (07-26-2019)

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Thanks so much for posting these! They bring back such happy memories!
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

darroll (07-26-2019),Stan Fan (07-26-2019)

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    now a photo of the crowd today.
    Who wears a long-sleeve button-up shirt and tie, with dress pants to an amusement park? I go to an amusement park I am wearing shorts and a tank top. You pay 50-60 dollars just to get in, the food is nasty and costs 20 times what it should, at least be comfortable.

Oh, and I am that guy, the one that packs a cooler of good food and drinks and goes into the parking lot to eat lunch, hehe. People laugh, but I am eating a delicious roast beef sandwich and some potato or macaroni salad, watermelon, washing it down with a couple of beers. All of which cost me less than 20 dollars, while the ones eating in the park are eating nasty soy burgers and a tiny bag of lays chips, washing it down with a shot glass of beer and paying at least 20 dollars for that crap.

Actually, I wear shorts and either a tank top or t-shirt everywhere I go. Everywhere you go you are paying to be there, the movies, the grocery store, a restaurant... Well, maybe not the workplace, but I don't have that complication. If I am paying, then I decide what I wear, and I choose comfort every time!
    Last edited by Retiredat50; 07-25-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    You might not have found yourself in that picture, @sargentodiaz, but you ARE in that picture. That is VERY cool!
    I went to Disneyland twice - once in the 1970's and once in the 1990's.

My kids seem to go all the time. My son and his family are there now. ... his son is 6 and I think he's been there 3 times. I love Disneyland, but I don't think I'll be going back.

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredat50 View Post
    Who wears a long-sleeve button-up shirt and tie, with dress pants to an amusement park? I go to an amusement park I am wearing shorts and a tank top. You pay 50-60 dollars just to get in, the food is nasty and costs 20 times what it should, at least be comfortable.

Oh, and I am that guy, the one that packs a cooler of good food and drinks and goes into the parking lot to eat lunch, hehe. People laugh, but I am eating a delicious roast beef sandwich and some potato or macaroni salad, watermelon, washing it down with a couple of beers. All of which cost me less than 20 dollars, while the ones eating in the park are eating nasty soy burgers and a tiny bag of lays chips, washing it down with a shot glass of beer and paying at least 20 dollars for that crap.

Actually, I wear shorts and either a tank top or t-shirt everywhere I go. Everywhere you go you are paying to be there, the movies, the grocery store, a restaurant... Well, maybe not the workplace, but I don't have that complication. If I am paying, then I decide what I wear, and I choose comfort every time!
    Which year are you referring to? If it is 1955, black dress pants; long sleeve or short sleeve white dress shirt, tie, and a hat were standard fashion in 1955. If you ever see any photos of old baseball players from that era, the crowd, the men wiil ALL be wearing coat & tie, in the middle of the summer, and a hat was just about mandatory.

Lets see, 1955? Eisenhower is nearing the end of his first term as President .
    Automobiles are gigantic, with huge fins (Desoto; Chrysler; Cadillac).
    Gasoline is no higher than .28 a gallon just about anywhere - and you don't pump it yourself. Guys run out when you run over an air hose with a bell sounding in the garage. They pump your gas, check the oil, wash the windshield and even, sometimes, the tires (all whitewalls). Nobody in 1955 would have drove a car with blackwall tires.
    The Brooklyn Dodgers win their only World Series against the N.Y. Yankees, and two years later are relocated to Los Angeles.

Beer is 10 cents a draft; liquor is a quarter; a pitcher is 50 cents.
    Tickets to the baseball games will be around $8 a seat - hot dogs about 35 cents at the ballpark.
    Howard-Johnson's Roadside motels with the orange roofs are adjacent to the new interstate highways being built, and have excellent family run restaurants in them.
    Automobiles don't have safety belts and no intermittent windshield wiper speed, just slow and fast, and snow tires are required in the winter up north.

An interesting time in conservative America. I Like Ike is the slogan which will carry him on to another landslide victory re-election to the Presidency in 1956, but he will suffer two heart attacks in office, and Richard Nixon will step in and do an excellent job as interim.
    Disneyland Opens - and plans already are on the board for a replica park in the East Coast in Florida.

LA freeways can get you from downtown or Santa Monica to the beach in 20-minutes, traffic isn't heavy in these years.

America is the global star of the world, something Trump is taking us back to with his policies. There isn't a whole lot not to like about the Eisenhower years, or 1956.

Stan

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Fan View Post
    Which year are you referring to? If it is 1955, black dress pants; long sleeve or short sleeve white dress shirt, tie, and a hat were standard fashion in 1955. If you ever see any photos of old baseball players from that era, the crowd, the men wiil ALL be wearing coat & tie, in the middle of the summer, and a hat was just about mandatory.

Gasoline is no higher than .28 a gallon just about anywhere - and you don't pump it yourself. Guys run out when you run over an air hose with a bell sounding in the garage. They pump your gas, check the oil, wash the windshield and even, sometimes, the tires (all whitewalls). Nobody in 1955 would have drove a car with blackwall tires.
    The Brooklyn Dodgers win their only World Series against the N.Y. Yankees, and two years later are relocated to Los Angeles.

Tickets to the baseball games will be around $8 a seat - hot dogs about 35 cents at the ballpark.
    Howard-Johnson's Roadside motels with the orange roofs are adjacent to the new interstate highways being built, and have excellent family run restaurants in them.
    Automobiles don't have safety belts and no intermittent windshield wiper speed, just slow and fast, and snow tires are required in the winter up north.

An interesting time in conservative America. I Like Ike is the slogan which will carry him on to another landslide victory re-election to the Presidency in 1956, but he will suffer two heart attacks in office, and Richard Nixon will step in and do an excellent job as interim.
    Disneyland Opens - and plans already are on the board for a replica park in the East Coast in Florida.

LA freeways can get you from downtown or Santa Monica to the beach in 20-minutes, traffic isn't heavy in these years.

America is the global star of the world, something Trump is taking us back to with his policies. There isn't a whole lot not to like about the Eisenhower years, or 1956.

Stan
    What they wore in 1955 is of no interest to me. I live in 2019 and wearing dress pants and a dress shirt and tie to go to a ballgame or an amusement park is idiotic. You wear what you want to wear, have at it.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Fan View Post

Stan
    A LA still had an amazing streetcar and light rail system. The Yellow Cars and the Red Cars

Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

Stan Fan (07-26-2019)

Thread Information