User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Non-science of global warming....

Banned
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Earth's climate has been changing since its creation. Why should now be any different?

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Oh, my! Is this BillyBob?
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    The latest piece of propaganda is the "heat index".

The news stations are no longer reporting temperatures, have you noticed that?

They're reporting the "heat index" instead.

No one knows what that is exactly, except it's always a few degrees higher than the actual temperature. It's supposed to be a "feels like" temperature, in other words it's entirely subjective.

But this is the kind of propaganda the Liberals come up with to justify their bullshit. They want to create a new reality, they use this crap to say see, the temperatures have increased. This is the way they sell their snake oil to Dumbass Americans.
    For practical use, heat index is a better indicator. It considers dry and wet bulb temperature, humidity and average wind speeds.

In scientific terms the index is not useful since most measurement is just dry bulb temps.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    It's not even science.

The Scientific Method has been established for a century: Draft an hypothesis. Then structure a controlled test to prove or disprove the hypothesis.

Then record the result of the test and analyze whether it proves, disproves, or fails to test, the hypothesis.

I hear NO hypotheses from these people. I hear panic; I hear "We have to HURRY - ONLY TWELVE YEARS LEFT." Science is not based in panic or flailing or efforts that won't even affect the situation. Science and emotion, science and pressure for speed...those are not related.

Computer models. Models prove nothing, except that someone built a model. I can build a model of a starship. It doesn't mean there is a starship; only a model.

Without knowing the numbers and processes used to work them, the data, the assumed constants and variables...the model is just a show-toy to panic the ignorant.

Which is what's happening. And WE ARE PAYING FOR IT. Government-funded "research" to give government the result it wants, so government can grow to totalitarianism and choke off our economic freedoms.
    Worse. Physics models are only as good as the data going into it.

In airflow models /simulations, with 2-3 variables can take the 3d particles to respond exactly as air to where side by side with the physical test there are few differences. To simulate the global climate would need a 3d snapshot of all conditions across to start with valid input. Would also need to be a spherical model spinning around a sun.

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    Replying to Northern Rivers:

Are you claiming that the current warming is caused by changes in the earth's orbit or changes in the sun's luminescence? Both of those factors are included in climate models.
    Not sure where you heard that, they might be "included" as assumptions. Adding a coriolis effect function != simulating a spinning sphere spinning around a sun.

The models (as best that I've been able to find source data) is a flat model with a height map. I've seen no indication that they are even modeling a spherical climate model.

A recent article in the journal, Nature, finds no evidence for globally coherent warm or cold periods in the preindustrial era. The Roman warm period, the Medieval Warm Anomaly, and the Little Ice
    Age all involved only some portions of the earth's surface warming or cooling at a particular time.
    The late 20th century until the present involves 98% of the earth warming with only a portion of
    Antarctica not warming. This is evidence that the current global warming is not natural. In the
    Medieval Warm Period only 40% of the world experienced peak temperatures at the same time.

I read the article at Carbonbrief.org
    Best case, not really a claim they can make because very little of the world was monitoring temperatures. The temperature proxies require things that are not certain. Ex: Tree rings as a proxy for temperature requires all other variables assumed as a constant.

Temperature data is made available including adjustments and whatever statistical analysis is done. I find it hard to believe that computer modelling information is not shared when requested. I

couldn't find any information on this subject.
    If they shared the models, they would lose authority or at worst expose any basis science involved

Let's not forget when the coastal cities were flooded several meters deep of water back in 2012, billions died and whole nations were wiped off the map.

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Asking a climate scientist if we have a global climate problem is like asking an archaeologist if history is important. If they give our society a convincing "No", they are out of a job, unemployed or flipping burgers.
    Agricola, Agricolae, Agricolam

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    Asking a climate scientist if we have a global climate problem is like asking an archaeologist if history is important. If they give our society a convincing "No", they are out of a job, unemployed or flipping burgers.
    Dr. Roy Spencer has made a living debunking Glow Bull Warming.

His is the harder road, but there's room in the field for contrarians with integrity and facts.

Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Dr. Roy Spencer has made a living debunking Glow Bull Warming.

His is the harder road, but there's room in the field for contrarians with integrity and facts.
    It should be that way, it has been all but proven that contrarians in the field get shut down and effectively silenced.

This is a political subject, not a scientific one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to notofimport36 For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (08-22-2019)

50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    For the lulz.

U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

PETER JAMES SPIELMANNJune 29, 1989
    UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.
    Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.
    He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.
    https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0
    Last edited by riderboy; 08-26-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Thread Information