User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non-science of global warming....

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    WHERE are the rising sea levels? Where are the areas where there is no snow anymore?

In Roman times, they, Romans, were growing grapes in Britain. That's not possible now.

Greenland was literally green. MUCH warmer than now.

How come we're not seeing a return of those phenomena? Yeah, I know, weather isn't climate.

Weather is what's going on in the atmosphere.

Climate is Michael Mann's hockey-stick model.
    Last edited by JustPassinThru; 08-14-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    @JustPassinThru "We've been on a cooling trend. It's becoming undeniable ..."

Do you want to retract that statement?

The oceans have been absorbing an enormous amount of heat in recent decades. There are several different methods by which we know this.

The rapidly rising ocean heat content is the most significant evidence that we are not on a cooling trend.

Climate scientists have every incentive to be as truthful and as accurate as possible. Hundreds of scientists examine the same sets of data and conclusions. Are all of these scientists stupid or engaged in some mass

conspiracy to defraud the public? Does any one scientist want to publish fraudulent data or conclusions that will be revealed by another scientist?

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No I do not want to retract that statement.

I don't give a shit what the fake scientists, on government doles, with their fake models and their professed hysteria, have to say.

Global temperatures are DROPPING. The SUN, is entering a quiet phase - a Minimum. Happens periodically, and what follows is overall cooling. The Little Ice Age in the 16th Century. Others, before and during recorded history.

Jiggered stats do not impress me. LONG AGO whistleblowers noted how reporting stations were being moved to record artificially-high temperatures - as I said, places like the center of tarred structure roofs.

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Roy Spencer, PhD

Satellite and Climate Model Evidence Against Substantial Manmade Climate Change (supercedes Roy Spencer, PhD

Maybe Groupthinker can read THAT to find some non-consensus on Glow Bull Warming.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    WHERE are the rising sea levels? Where are the areas where there is no snow anymore?

In Roman times, they, Romans, were growing grapes in Britain. That's not possible now.

Greenland was literally green. MUCH warmer than now.

How come we're not seeing a return of those phenomena? Yeah, I know, weather isn't climate.

Weather is what's going on in the atmosphere.

Climate is Michael Mann's hockey-stick model.
    The Medieval Warm Period had different causes than today's warm period and it was largely regional with not all regions warming simultaneously. Southern Greenland was the warmest portion

of the globe during that time but there were many cold areas and the mean global temperature during that period was similar to the mid 20th century global mean. The Northern Hemisphere

had a warm period from 830 to 1100 and the Southern Hemisphere had its warm period from 1160 to 1370. The suspected causes of the Medieval Warming Period were changes to ocean

circulation, higher solar irradiance, and lower volcanic activity.
    Last edited by freethinker; 08-15-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks
    The Berkeley Earth project is a privately funded group of scientists that was formed in 2010 to address a number of concerns from climate skeptics including reanalyzing the earth's surface

temperature record. They examined data selection, data adjustment, poor station quality, and urban heat island effect. They found that the urban heat island effect and poor station quality did

not bias results. They came up with their own data set on land temperatures which did not differ significantly from NASA's Goddard Institute, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric

Administration, or the Hadley Centre's data sets. The Berkeley Earth group also concluded that the warming trend is real and that the mean land surface temperature rose by 0.91 degrees C.

from the mid 1950's to 2010 time frame. The private donors did not exert any control over the groups

research or published findings.
    Last edited by freethinker; 08-15-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Global warming skeptics are the flip side of global warming hysterics while most of us simply want to see some evidence that we're to blame before the leftists introduce the New Green Deal.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    An important part of the scientific process is sharing data and makiyourng data available to other researchers. Global warming professionals don't do that...for obvious reasons.

Thanks
    A recent article in the journal, Nature, finds no evidence for globally coherent warm or cold periods in the preindustrial era. The Roman warm period, the Medieval Warm Anomaly, and the Little Ice
    Age all involved only some portions of the earth's surface warming or cooling at a particular time.
    The late 20th century until the present involves 98% of the earth warming with only a portion of
    Antarctica not warming. This is evidence that the current global warming is not natural. In the
    Medieval Warm Period only 40% of the world experienced peak temperatures at the same time.

I read the article at Carbonbrief.org

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    An important part of the scientific process is sharing data and makiyourng data available to other researchers. Global warming professionals don't do that...for obvious reasons.
    Temperature data is made available including adjustments and whatever statistical analysis is done. I find it hard to believe that computer modelling information is not shared when requested. I

couldn't find any information on this subject.

Thread Information