User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what do I do now?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks

So what do I do now?

About 3 weeks ago I got a cramp in the third finger of my left hand. The darn finger bent all the way back. I thought it was going to dislocate. I tried to shove it back into place. I hurt like my hand was breaking itself. It never got better. I could not bend it and the tendon in the palm started to protrude.

I went to the doc who gave me steroids and sent me to PT which is doing nothing. This is putting a severe "cramp" in my gym time. I am getting depressed. I tear out the cardio but I really miss the weights.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about here?

I have been talking to the trainers who can't agree. I should wear gloves. Not wear gloves. Use ice. Use heat. Use wrist support. Don't use wrist support.

I use very very light wrights. As an example 3 sets of 15 reps with 25 to 30 pound dumbbells. Etc.
    I have not worn gloves. Should I just give up, cry in my diet pepsi and hope for the PT best? If gloves will help what kind?

Does anyone have a clue?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Katzndogz For This Useful Post:

Madison (07-20-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    are you saying it bent to the back of your hand or toward the palm?
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    are you sure it isn't the way you hold your hand weights?
    https://www.doctorshealthpress.com/p...home-remedies/
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    About 3 weeks ago I got a cramp in the third finger of my left hand. The darn finger bent all the way back. I thought it was going to dislocate. I tried to shove it back into place. I hurt like my hand was breaking itself. It never got better. I could not bend it and the tendon in the palm started to protrude.

I went to the doc who gave me steroids and sent me to PT which is doing nothing. This is putting a severe "cramp" in my gym time. I am getting depressed. I tear out the cardio but I really miss the weights.

I have been talking to the trainers who can't agree. I should wear gloves. Not wear gloves. Use ice. Use heat. Use wrist support. Don't use wrist support.

I use very very light wrights. As an example 3 sets of 15 reps with 25 to 30 pound dumbbells. Etc.
    I have not worn gloves. Should I just give up, cry in my diet pepsi and hope for the PT best? If gloves will help what kind?

Does anyone have a clue?
    Ouch! That sounds painful. Have you tried something simple, like soaking it in warm/hot water with some Epsom salts? I know that is a really simple approach, but I have had tendon and muscle probles that soaking with Epsom salt may not have fixed, but it sure helped.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (07-21-2019)

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Last edited by Brat; 07-20-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (07-20-2019),GreenEyedLady (07-20-2019),Jen (07-20-2019),Lone Gunman (07-20-2019),potlatch (07-20-2019),Retiredat50 (07-20-2019),Rickity Plumber (07-21-2019)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Developed "trigger fingers" on both hands. Had surgery on one. They cut the sheath the tendon goes thru. The fingers are controlled by tendons, the muscles are in the forearm.

To do the surgery they numb the arm, then wrap it very tightly from the hand to the elbow with a wide rubber band. Forcing all the blood out of the hand. Then the doc cut across my palm exposing the tendon sheaths. NO BLOOD, but still did not care to watch but hard not to. Said in 3 weeks we, WE? would do the other hand. But it miraculously cured itself!!!

If your finger bent back toward your wrist, I'd guess you BROKE a tendon. The one that closes your finger so the one that opens your finger is now unopposed and is not limited by the other tendon.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-20-2019),jirqoadai (07-21-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    If the disease progresses slowly, causes no pain and has little impact on your ability to use your hands for everyday tasks, you might not need treatment. Instead, you can wait and see if Dupuytren's contracture progresses. You may wish to follow the progression with a tabletop test, which you can do on your own.Treatment involves removing or breaking apart the cords that are pulling your fingers toward your palm. This can be done in several ways. The choice of procedure depends on the severity of your symptoms and other health problems you may have.
    Needling

This technique uses a needle, inserted through your skin, to puncture and break the cord of tissue that's contracting a finger. Contractures often recur but the procedure can be repeated.The main advantages of the needling technique are that there is no incision, it can be done on several fingers at the same time, and usually very little physical therapy is needed afterward. The main disadvantage is that it can't be used in some places in the finger because it could damage a nerve or tendon.
    Enzyme injections

Injecting a type of enzyme into the taut cord in your palm can soften and weaken it — allowing your doctor to later manipulate your hand in an attempt to break the cord and straighten your fingers. The FDA has approved collagenase Clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex) for this purpose. The advantages and disadvantages of the enzyme injection are similar to needling.
    Surgery

Another option for people with advanced disease, limited function and progressing disease is to surgically remove the tissue in your palm affected by the disease. The main advantage to surgery is that it results in a more complete and longer-lasting release than that provided by the needle or enzyme methods. The main disadvantages are that physical therapy is usually needed after surgery, and recovery can take longer.In some severe cases, especially if surgery has failed to correct the problem, surgeons remove all the tissue likely to be affected by Dupuytren's contracture, including the attached skin. In these cases a skin graft is needed to cover the open wound. This surgery is the most invasive option and has the longest recovery time. People usually require months of intensive physical therapy afterward.
    Lifestyle and home remedies

If you have mild Dupuytren's contracture, you can protect your hands by:
    • Avoiding a tight grip on tools by building up the handles with pipe insulation or cushion tape
    • Using gloves with heavy padding during heavy grasping tasks

However, your condition may persist or worsen, despite these precautions.
    Dupuytren's contracture - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo Clinic
    Progressivism is not progressive. Oppression is ended and equality is achieved not by advancing anyone but by retarding the achievements of some.

Social justice is punitive, not restorative. No one is restored under a progressive system, but people are often punished in order to guarantee equal outcome.

A wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenEyedLady For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-20-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-20-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Thanks

Does anyone have a clue?
    Sound like rhumatism or an arthritis...so painful and and uncomfortable!!!

Did you ask your Dr if Celebrex could help for a little while ?
    Last edited by Madison; 07-20-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (07-20-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    are you saying it bent to the back of your hand or toward the palm?
    Back toward the back of my hand. Not contracture because the finger did not curl forward. It went straight up and back. Put your hand flat on a table. Now lift one finger and bend it back toward the back of your hand. I thought the damn thing was going to dislocate. I've seen fingers broken like that.

The tendon didn't break. I broke a tendon on my right hand a few years ago and had surgery to fix it. Xrays show no break or trauma. It was a damn cramp.

Will wearing lifting gloves help. I've heard pro and con

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Katzndogz For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-20-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-20-2019),Madison (07-20-2019),potlatch (07-20-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Back toward the back of my hand. Not contracture because the finger did not curl forward. It went straight up and back. Put your hand flat on a table. Now lift one finger and bend it back toward the back of your hand. I thought the damn thing was going to dislocate. I've seen fingers broken like that.

The tendon didn't break. I broke a tendon on my right hand a few years ago and had surgery to fix it. Xrays show no break or trauma. It was a damn cramp.

Will wearing lifting gloves help. I've heard pro and con
    Now you've got a great excuse to give everybody the finger!
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-20-2019),Fall River (08-05-2019),Madison (07-20-2019)

Thread Information