User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what do I do now?

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Third finger of my left hand is my whole career......

See a sports physiologist.
    Is that the third finger from the left or right?
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Ring finger left hand.

The physical therapist today is 22. She is sending me off to someone else. She would never recommend that a woman my age lift more than three pounds.

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    Ring finger left hand.

The physical therapist today is 22. She is sending me off to someone else. She would never recommend that a woman my age lift more than three pounds.
    My bad. I was thinking your middle finger. The longest one. I didn't know a thumb was not a real finger.

And what's this "woman my age" stuff?
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    I suppose I will have to. And in the mean time sit around and become blubber.
    Oh, come on! There are lots of things you can do without putting stress on that hand. You can also make adjustments to your diet if necessary.

Getting back to your original statement, I believe you said you tried to shove it back into place and that's when it started hurting. Big mistake!
    Last edited by Fall River; 08-05-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    The damage to that left hand is permanent. It will always be painful and will never be able to close.

For a cramp! Just a muscle cramp.

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    About 3 weeks ago I got a cramp in the third finger of my left hand. The darn finger bent all the way back. I thought it was going to dislocate. I tried to shove it back into place. I hurt like my hand was breaking itself. It never got better. I could not bend it and the tendon in the palm started to protrude.
    A cramp caused your finger to do that? Read through this thread last week and still can't wrap my brain around how a cramp could cause that.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    About 3 weeks ago I got a cramp in the third finger of my left hand. The darn finger bent all the way back. I thought it was going to dislocate. I tried to shove it back into place. I hurt like my hand was breaking itself. It never got better. I could not bend it and the tendon in the palm started to protrude.

I went to the doc who gave me steroids and sent me to PT which is doing nothing. This is putting a severe "cramp" in my gym time. I am getting depressed. I tear out the cardio but I really miss the weights.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about here?

I have been talking to the trainers who can't agree. I should wear gloves. Not wear gloves. Use ice. Use heat. Use wrist support. Don't use wrist support.

I use very very light wrights. As an example 3 sets of 15 reps with 25 to 30 pound dumbbells. Etc.
    I have not worn gloves. Should I just give up, cry in my diet pepsi and hope for the PT best? If gloves will help what kind?

Does anyone have a clue?
    I'm aware of this problem, having treated it a few times as a herbalist. The tendon should be lower middle of the palm, near the 'lifeline' in palmistry lingo. The only effective treatment I ever found was application of Chloroform Liniment (The Merck Report - Google Books) at least thrice a day, every day, for two to three months. Depending on how long the tendon has been swollen, your mileage will very. Physical therapy is essential as well to try to mitigate the damage done by your attempt to "shove it back into place". Your main problem is how to access Chloroform Liniment. If you can find a doctor to write a prescription, a 'compounding pharmacy' would probably be able to make it.

Thread Information