User Tag List

Thread: Nutritional Science is broken

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks

Thumbs up Nutritional Science is broken

First, eggs were good. Then they were bad. Then good again. Now, in this past March, they not good again.
    What the heck is going on?
    So which is it? Is the egg good or bad? And, while we are on the subject, when so much of what we are told about diet, health, and weight loss is inconsistent and contradictory, can we believe any of it?
    Quite frankly, probably not. Nutrition research tends to be unreliable because nearly all of it is based on observational studies, which are imprecise, have no controls, and don’t follow an experimental method. As nutrition-research critics Edward Archer and Carl Lavie have put it, “’Nutrition’ is now a degenerating research paradigm in which scientifically illiterate methods, meaningless data, and consensus-driven censorship dominate the empirical landscape.”
    In other words, no hard science. Just opinions.
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-20-2019),Jim Scott (07-20-2019),Retiredat50 (07-20-2019)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Here's what's going on: Diet is now political.

And like all Leftist politics, they take the side of the harmful, the hateful, the destructive. Eggs, milk, protein...all BAD. Why? Because our excellent diet is why American kids grow up BIG and STRONG.

That can't be. Soy-boi Leftists are SCARED by real men. And so are Chinese strategists, scared by Americans with mass and self-confidence and their own weapons.

How are we going to get the Chinese and the European Marxists to come over and deliver Neo-Leninism, if we have big, confident Americans with expensive-but-superb high-protein diets?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-20-2019),Brat (07-20-2019),Jim Scott (07-20-2019),RMNIXON (07-20-2019)

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    I will settle it right now, eggs are good for you. Done.

Most people know what foods are good and which are bad. It is a pretty simple formula. Fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, and fresh meat are good. Most processed foods or sugar-laden foods are bad.

Here is a sample:

Zucchini = good
    Captain Crunch = bad
    Oranges = good
    Top Raman = bad
    Chicken breast = good
    Cheeze-Its = bad
    Spinach = good
    Pop-Tarts = bad

It really is that simple, and I think most people can easily identify food that is good vs food that is bad.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-20-2019),Brat (07-20-2019),sargentodiaz (07-21-2019)

50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    The government "food pyramid" is bass-ackwards.

Carbs cause insulin resistance which frives obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

The DoD -faced witha horde of fat recruits - is talking about going to a ketogenic diet for all.

I'll, tell you, the keto diet does work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taxcutter For This Useful Post:

Retiredat50 (07-20-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxcutter View Post
    The government "food pyramid" is bass-ackwards.

Carbs cause insulin resistance which frives obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

The DoD -faced witha horde of fat recruits - is talking about going to a ketogenic diet for all.

I'll, tell you, the keto diet does work.
    You are correct, the food pyramid and before that the food groups that were and are taught in school are so unhealthy!

I do not follow a ketogenic diet, although I have done so in the past. I now use a modified paleo diet. I try and keep most of my meals centered around meats, veggies, and fruits. But, I allow some foods that a strick paleo diet would exclude, such as potatoes. I also allow myself to eat what I want here and there. I will have a big bowl of spaghetti with a nice meat sauce once in a while, I eat a piece of candy now and again, I eat a sandwich on bread.

So, I guess I break the rules a lot But, for the core of most of my meals I keep it to meat, veggies, and fruit. The biggest question that needs to be asked about any diet is if you can sustain it, not for a month, or six months, but as an actual way of eating. If the answer is no, then you are wasting your time and effort.

A good example is the cabbage soup diet. You eat a delicious (I think so anyway) cabbage soup 3 or so times a day and you add bananas and a couple of other items to the diet as you go. If you follow this diet you will absolutely lose weight, but how long can you really eat like that? Not long. So it is a waste of time and effort to do it.

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 86.0%

Thanks
    JPT is on to something.

Living in very "Diverse" Southern California and you notice things. Like the Asian kids are bigger and stronger than their parents on American protein rich diets. I know this young guy from India who is six feet and massive. You might think he was a typical black until he talks.

The progressives want you on planet saving vegetarian starvation diets!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (07-21-2019),Retiredat50 (07-20-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    JPT is on to something.

Living in very "Diverse" Southern California and you notice things. Like the Asian kids are bigger and stronger than their parents on American protein rich diets. I know this young guy from India who is six feet and massive. You might think he was a typical black until he talks.

The progressives want you on planet saving vegetarian starvation diets!
    It is not really any different than how Americans, especially white Americans, have been told not to breed for various reasons. I remember back in the 70s when we were being told that the biggest threat to the planet was the population explosion. You can actually see a correlation between that campaign and how American families started shrinking in size.

Now in 2019, they are doing it again, saying that one of the best ways to combat climate change (other than giving all your money) is to stop having children. But they certainly do not preach that message to Hispanics and Muslims, do they?

And as they tell us to stop breeding for the good of the world out of one side of their mouth... Out of the other side, they tell us we need more illegals and refugees because Americans are not breeding enough to keep up wit the population numbers we need as a country.

It is so funny (almost) that even as they tell us not to have children, they blame us for not having enough children.

Thread Information