User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Oil Tanker Goes Missing In Strait Of Hormuz, Iran Suspected

  1. #21
    Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 98.0%

    Trinnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    56,899
    Thanks
    8,106
    Thanked: 47,410
    Rep Power
    21474899
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    It would be a shame if Iranian ships started disappearing.
    I'll bet we have some alien tech. Tribble them outta here.




    How about dump them in Somalia? That would be fun.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

    Morning Star (07-18-2019)

  3. #22
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 43.0%

    jirqoadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,899
    Thanks
    2,962
    Thanked: 2,072
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    3599422
    **
    Last edited by jirqoadai; 07-18-2019 at 10:46 AM.

  4. #23
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    IvanLeFou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Angers - France
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked: 1,461
    Rep Power
    5577675
    The US Navy apparently just shot down an Iranian drone over the Strait of Ormuz.

  5. #24
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 60.0%

    Hillofbeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    9,839
    Thanks
    18,269
    Thanked: 12,142
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanLeFou View Post
    The US Navy apparently just shot down an Iranian drone over the Strait of Ormuz.
    Trump told reporters at the White House Thursday that the USS Boxer a U.S. Navy amphibious assault ship “took defensive action” against an Iranian drone that had “closed into a very, very near distance, approximately 1,000 yards” and ignored “multiple calls to stand down.”
    The drone was “threatening safety of the ship and the ship's crew” and “was immediately destroyed,” Trump said.“This is the latest of many provocative and hostile actions against vessels operating in international waters,” the president said, adding that the U.S. “reserves the right to defend our personnel, our facilities, our interests, and calls upon all nations to condemn Iran's attempts to disrupt freedom of navigation and global commercehttps://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-says-u-s-navy-ship-shot-down-iranian-drone-n1031451
    Last edited by Hillofbeans; 07-18-2019 at 03:08 PM.

  6. #25
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 43.0%

    jirqoadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,899
    Thanks
    2,962
    Thanked: 2,072
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    3599422
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillofbeans View Post
    Trump told reporters at the White House Thursday that the USS Boxer a U.S. Navy amphibious assault ship “took defensive action” against an Iranian drone that had “closed into a very, very near distance, approximately 1,000 yards” and ignored “multiple calls to stand down.”
    The drone was “threatening safety of the ship and the ship's crew” and “was immediately destroyed,” Trump said.“This is the latest of many provocative and hostile actions against vessels operating in international waters,” the president said, adding that the U.S. “reserves the right to defend our personnel, our facilities, our interests, and calls upon all nations to condemn Iran's attempts to disrupt freedom of navigation and global commercehttps://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-says-u-s-navy-ship-shot-down-iranian-drone-n1031451
    He might want to make sure he kills who launched the drone. if he doesnt, they will increase in frequency.

  7. #26
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    IvanLeFou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Angers - France
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked: 1,461
    Rep Power
    5577675
    The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has seized the British oil tanker Stena Impero in the Strait of Hormuz, Iranian media reported. UK authorities said the tanker had ‘veered off course’ before capture.

    The Stena Impero was headed to Saudi Arabia but left the international sea lanes and headed north towards the Iranian island of Qeshm, marine tracking data showed on Friday.

    London said it was “assessing the situation following reports of an incident in the Gulf.”

    The 30,000-ton tanker is owned by Stena Bulk, and was bound for the Saudi port of Al Jubail.
    Iran confiscates British tanker in Strait of Hormuz – IRGC — RT World News

  8. #27
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Conan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked: 475
    Rep Power
    1717999
    More from FOX

    Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos News Videos

    With UK involvement on spying on Trump campaign for Obama and Hillary during 2016 presidential run...I'm not so inclined to help them out.

    They want to publicly trash Trump and his administration. Life is a bitch Brits.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

  9. #28
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    IvanLeFou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Angers - France
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked: 1,461
    Rep Power
    5577675
    That's a fairly petty reaction to an international issue...

  10. #29
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Conan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked: 475
    Rep Power
    1717999
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanLeFou View Post
    That's a fairly petty reaction to an international issue...
    Maybe...but EU should have their own presents there to defend their interests instead of relying on America.

    If they want to trash the United States knock themselves out...but don't come to us with hat in hand.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

  11. #30
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    IvanLeFou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Angers - France
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked: 1,461
    Rep Power
    5577675
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Maybe...but EU should have their own presents there to defend their interests instead of relying on America.
    If they want to trash the United States knock themselves out...but don't come to us with hat in hand.
    Who is blaming the US for that tanker being seized?
    Who is saying the UK and EU are relying on the US to defend their assets in the Strait of Ormuz?
    You don't like the UK, fine.
    You don't like the EU, fine.

    But don't go on extrapolating to prove your point, for it will have the exact opposite effect.

    The US military presence in the region isn't to provide military protection and/or escort foreign assets. So... what is your point exactly? That is, if you have one apart from the "serve you right UK, that's what happens when Steele spies on Trump".

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •