User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: MrogersNhood and BillyBobby

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Origin Of Water On Earth: Sounds Like They Have No Clue?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Water discovered deep beneath Earth's surface - usatoday.com
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ervoir-science...
    Researchers have discovered evidence of water — enough to fill oceans — embedded in minerals deep beneath the surface of the United States that could alter the current understanding of Earth's ... An ocean of water is found 620 miles below Earth's surface ...
    An ocean of water is found 620 miles below Earth's surface | Daily Mail Online
    An ocean of water is found 620 miles below Earth's surface - and if it dries up, life on our planet could END. Two studies found evidence of oceans of water in Earth's lower mantle
    Web Results What Lurks Beneath The Earth's Surface - NPR.org
    https://www.npr.org/.../2013/09/28/2...arth-s-surface
    What Lurks Beneath The Earth's Surface : The Protojournalist Water pools, oilfields, undersea volcanoes. By exploring the planet's interior, we are making new, unexpected discoveries and learning ...
    Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth | Live Science
    Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth | Live Science
    Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth ... Scientists scanning the deep interior of Earth have found evidence of a vast water reservoir beneath eastern Asia that is at least the volume of the Arctic ...
    In Photos: Ocean Hidden Beneath Earth's Surface | Live Science
    In Photos: Ocean Hidden Beneath Earth's Surface | Live Science
    Scientists have found evidence for oceans' of water locked up in a rare type of blue-colored mineral hidden beneath Earth's surface in the so-called mantle transition zone.
    From what I have read, it's a theory based on "complex calculations".

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    Comets and asteroids...
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Boy, oh boy! I bet the crawfish were everywhere and YUGE, too. Cause it took a long time for the water to go down.

GOOD eatin'.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (09-15-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 88.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    GOOD eatin'.
    Especially etoufee and crawfish pie.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    That may be true but the question of this thread is asking where water came from on earth. Did the oceans exist from the very beginning, or did they come billions of years later? Just because Hydrogen and Oxygen existed in the Solar Systems, does that prove they existed in the mix as the earth was forming? And, if so, when did earth's oceans first appear?

The link I posted said there was no significant amount of oxygen for the first 2.4 billion years. https://www.livescience.com/5515-earth-oxygen.html
    The water had to come later as the Earth was far too hot for water and without an atmosphere these gasses would blow out into space from the solar winds.

Or so it is believed.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    In the beginning earth was supposedly in a molten state, no water could exist? Any ice carried by comets would have been evaporated by impact even upon a solid, cooled earth? Earth is 70% water, how many comets would that take anyway? Doesn't seem feasible?
    One of the top three largest asteroids in the asteroid belt is essentially frozen fresh water. It contains more fresh water than the earth contains. Our water originally came from space.

3.14159 Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Genesis 1 tells us that God put a firmament between the waters above and waters below. The waters below were all gathered in one place and the dry land appeared (Pangea?)
    All doorways, before going forward, should be looked to; for difficult it is to know where foes sit within a dwelling.

- 130 -

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piru View Post
    Genesis 1 tells us that God put a firmament between the waters above and waters below. The waters below were all gathered in one place and the dry land appeared (Pangea?)
    Hm. How would you explain the Calabi-Yau manifold to a three thousand year old Jew?

Look dude - you get four dimensions, that's all you get. There's a wall between you and the rest. When this thing started out it was all one gigantic mess, but then because of the laws of symmetry the part that you get to move around in, got separated from the part you can't see. So the stuff below is in fact all gathered in one place... and then the dry land appeared....

Just sayin...

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Saturn gives us a clue. Because of its magnetic fields the rings give up its ice in the form of rain from space. I am confident the earth benefitted from billions of asteroid strikes, many of which contained water. At least one contained an enormous quantity of silver. Water was more important.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    There is a book I read by a noted scientist type called "The Twelfth Planet" that tries to explain some of the mysteries concerning the creation of things on Earth, and includes the bible. The scholar claims extensive knowledge from a lifetime of studying Cuneiform tablets from ancient Sumeria. I don't know but it's got some pretty startling conclusions in it and he offers up some proof.

https://www.amazon.com/Twelfth-Plane...s%2C362&sr=8-1

He shows a lot of images taken from ancient drawings and carvings and explains why in some of them the Earth is counted as the seventh planet and not the third planet because the planets are counted from pluto in toward the Sun with Pluto being the first planet. Kind of like Pluto would be the first planet you encountered coming in toward the Earth from outside the solar system. He also shows drawings and writings showing Pluto as a planet and in modern times Pluto was not discovered until the 1930's if I recall.

Pretty strange book. He says that he has shown proof that every 3000+ years a rogue planet passes by the Earth and it's where this other race comes from that we are descended from. Just as a note, I see forums that talk about how this planet has been sighted often, yet I think if that were true, amatuer astronomers from all over the world could see it. It is interesting to note however that the ancient Sumerians were a very advanced culture.

He also explains how suddenly our evolution jumped like some fantastic number of years due to these aliens, when proof abounds how other life followed a very slow evolutionary course.
    Last edited by Captain Kirk!; 09-22-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    Lemmings - We will defend to the death our right to be misinformed!

Thread Information