User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: MrogersNhood and BillyBobby

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Origin Of Water On Earth: Sounds Like They Have No Clue?

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks

Here's what I'm talking about - this vid does a good job explaining all the reasons why there SHOULDN'T be all this water on earth, even that it didn't come from comets, but then decides it must have come from METEORITES

How much water can be contained in a meteor, and how many meteors would have taken to deposit over 300 million cubic miles of it? If there is any water in meteors, wouldn't it be instantly vaporized by the impact? The moon is absolutely littered with craters but has no water at all.

"If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords." (Benjamin Franklin)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

Thanks
    Asteroids can’t be the source of Earth’s water

On Earth we find meteorites called carbonaceous chondrites, or C chondrites, that contain up to 22 percent water. These are thought to come from parent bodies similar to asteroids like 24 Themis.But C chondrites are rare. They make up less than 5 percent of the meteorites that fall onto Earth.And their parent asteroids can’t be the source of Earth’s water anyway. Typical C chondrites have the wrong chemical composition. They’re different than Earth in their ratios of xenon to krypton, argon to water, osmium isotopes, and other things.Thus, as an article in Science News noted, “no more than 50 percent, and probably less than 15 percent, of Earth’s water could have been added from space at the end of our planet’s formation.” 2In fact, water ice on 24 Themis causes more problems for the secular model than it solves. Ice can’t last on the surface of an asteroid for 4.5 billion years—it would have been burned away by the solar wind long ago.So evolutionists are forced to speculate that either these asteroids have reservoirs of ice deep inside, to keep replenishing the surface—an idea for which there’s no evidence—or that sunlight could somehow form ice from oxide minerals on the surface faster than it burns it away. This is an implausible idea indeed.24 Themis looks young, not billions of years old. Instead of supporting the secular model, this asteroid discredits it. But setting that aside, it does NOT solve the problem of where Earth got its water.And that brings us back to where we started. According to the secular model, our planet should have very little water.Looks like the secular model is wrong. (Earth’s Water and Creation - Creation Astronomy Media)
    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords." (Benjamin Franklin)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    Thanks, nonsqtr. Yes, the "water came here in icy comets" theory was the main reason I started this thread, as I am not a science guy but that idea seemed to me to not hold water but I don't see where this article claims to "solve" the question either?

It's still suggesting that water "came" to the solar system and/or that earth FORMED with water? It still seems like a "may have" proposition, and I think that theist's may have a good argument here that some sort of Divine Intervention took place? (although it seems like they are all on hiatus as regards this thread?).

There's over 332 MILLION CUBIC MILES of water on earth, a planet that supposedly formed in a molten state? I am open and willing to be educated on this but so far I don't see how to logically account for THAT much water, when water itself is supposedly a rare occurrence on planetary bodies?
    Water is not "that" rare. For instance the rings of Saturn are made of ice.

Supposedly water would be relatively plentiful in the interstellar space where gas clouds are, which is also the same place that stars and planets form.

The volume of water is not really the issue, asteroids could have easily delivered that much. But the asteroids could form in the same Interstellar space, I suppose no one "really" knows and it's likely there are multiple mechanisms in play.

https://phys.org/news/2015-05-plenti...-universe.html

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Water is not "that" rare. For instance the rings of Saturn are made of ice.

Supposedly water would be relatively plentiful in the interstellar space where gas clouds are, which is also the same place that stars and planets form.

The volume of water is not really the issue, asteroids could have easily delivered that much. But the asteroids could form in the same Interstellar space, I suppose no one "really" knows and it's likely there are multiple mechanisms in play.

https://phys.org/news/2015-05-plenti...-universe.html

How exactly does an asteroid "deliver" water? I can't picture this?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks

Here's what I'm talking about - this vid does a good job explaining all the reasons why there SHOULDN'T be all this water on earth, even that it didn't come from comets, but then decides it must have come from METEORITES

How much water can be contained in a meteor, and how many meteors would have taken to deposit over 300 million cubic miles of it? If there is any water in meteors, wouldn't it be instantly vaporized by the impact? The moon is absolutely littered with craters but has no water at all.

The rings of Saturn have water but no craters. lol

When you speak of water, you're really asking about oxygen. Oxygen is released when stars die, it goes into the interstellar Cloud along with other heavy atoms. There is lithium everywhere, which is an effective reducing agent...

Water is ubiquitous, it's all over the place. Statistically, you would expect a small fraction of the existing planets to have water, and a small fraction of those to have "lots" of water.

Which is pretty much what we see. The nearest M Class planet is 12 light years away.

WMAP- Life in the Universe

Banned
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    In the beginning earth was supposedly in a molten state, no water could exist? Any ice carried by comets would have been evaporated by impact even upon a solid, cooled earth? Earth is 70% water, how many comets would that take anyway? Doesn't seem feasible?
    The Earth is not 70 percent water. Without checking I would bet its not even one percent water, but ill check any way......OK, the answer is that the percentage of the Earth that is water is 0.02. Not 2 percent. Not 2 tenths of a percent. But two one hundredths of a percent. The outer planets are abundant in frozen water. The rings of Saturn are made of frozen water. One of Saturn's moons is a water world complete with geysers. Water is common in the Universe. Hydrogen was created in the Big Bang, thus the hydrogen in water is ancient.
    Last edited by BillyBobby; 08-20-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBobby View Post
    The Earth is not 70 percent water.
    The Earth's surface is.
    If you don't protect what belongs to you, sooner or later it belongs to someone else. -Negan

The Obama administration was nothing more than highly organized crime. -Common

The Left is really that dumb. I have been thanking our Extremist friends on the Left all year in advance for Trump's landslide 2020 victory. They are the ones who have worked the hardest for ensure Trump's next victory. -John T. Ford

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

MrogersNhood (08-20-2019)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks
    There's so much water under the crust of the earth, if they pierced it, most inhabited places would flood.

The Bible does not not lie. Leftists do.
    Last edited by MrogersNhood; 08-20-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    The Earth's surface is.
    That wasn't the claim I refuted.

Banned

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrogersNhood View Post
    There's so much water under the crust of the earth, if they pierced it, most inhabited places would flood.

The Bible does not not lie. Leftists do.
    Pierced it? Water seeks the lowest level, its not under pressure generally. But if magma turns it to steam it will temporarily erupt into a geyser. Other than that, you are incorrect. The Bible is not a science book, but if you think it says what you claim then it does indeed lie.

Thread Information